Where Do We Go From Here

gilmour

Now this is far from a knee jerk reaction tonight and i will not slate the players and call for the managers head however.

Murphy hasn't kicked his arse in months.

Humphry/Daly are football imposter's.

Randolph has been our saviour far far to often.

We look nowhere near having a settled defence that can communicate.

Jennings is a massive miss for us we need a play stopper not maker to stop the opposition.

I see no leadership on the park, i don't doubt the players will/ well maybe a bit after tonight's lie down and play possum performance.

But what do we do to stop the rot, it was coming last season and OJ injected new life. We need a bit of dig and leadership on the park or this will just be a meaningless safe from relegation (Dundee are woeful) season but with nothing to play for.

Skill may be lacking but i expect more of a fight than what i saw tonight.

Worst case scenario imo is 11th. Means we will be where we are right now come Oct '13. In the SPL. Sometimes that IS enough.

More concerned with the fan apathy than events on the park. Mine included. Some folk I know are struggling to get themselves up for games. I for one will say if I currently didn't have a ST, I would have given tonight a miss.

ESPN, pretty bloody cold, with a good game ratio of about 1 in 10. You can see why many choose the house/pub.

It was cold tonight. If results are poor in December to February attendances could be embarrasingly low.

For me it is the football on display that is getting on my nerves. From nearly every team in the league. Just rank on occasion. That's what happens when there is no money in the game.

I have real concerns about the quality and depth we will have next season.

However, short term muddle on to January and try and snaffle two loan deals for the obvious positions.

More concerned with the fan apathy than events on the park. Mine included. Some folk I know are struggling to get themselves up for games. I for one will say if I currently didn't have a ST, I would have given tonight a miss.

100% this for me. If my gran hadn't have been halfway through a film last night, I'd have been round to use her ESPN rather than go over to Fir Park.

Was there really such little deadwood before this season? The team isn't THAT different, is it?

Is the problem that we were saved by two or three players who raised us above the rest and earned/saved us so many points? Jennings was one of those players. Randolph is another and it looks like he'll be away soon too.

In other words, are we really having that much of a disaster right now or did we just allow ourselves to get carried away by what we had before?

• Like 1

We are so pedestrian in possession. Nobody is running off the ball into space or to create space for others. Humphrey practically marks the oppositions left back time and time again!! Zero cutting edge up front, midfield is weak and defensively a naive shambles. Where are the next points coming from?

We were told early season insipidness was due to fatigue from European games as apparently professional players can't play 2 games a week and "just watch us go" once they're out the way. Really?

Time to drop Humphrey and Kerr, recall Page from Accies, get Carswell in middle, Law back to left midfield, play Murphy up front or not at all, give McHugh a run, and hell, even Daley!! It's worth a shot and can't be any worse than what we are currently suffering.

The current set up/approach/tactics are taking us nowhere except down the table and at an alarming rate of descent!!!

The management team are raising too many questions at the moment and none of them are being answered.

Stats for this Season (competitive games only) from what I can gather.

Played 15 games in four competitions.

Won 3 games. 4 games drawn. 8 defeats and out of three Cup conpetitions although two of them were very much expected.

Goals scored: 13. Goals conceeded: 25.

1 clean sheet in 15 games. Scored in 6 of our 15 games.

Conceeded very late goals in two games to deny victory.

Three red cards. One og. Five (?) penalty kicks conceeded.

Certainly doesn't make for impressive reading. Whilst we are in the top six the slide is evident.

Lots of good points been made here especially from Milo. I've always thought our best central defence is Page and Hutchie with Hately at right back and Hammell left back. Get Carswell into midfield along with Law and Lasley and give McHugh and Ojamma more of a chance. Hopefully we can do some wheeling and dealing in January as we do have to look at the bigger picture. No point in bringing in players like Kerr and Cummins who frankly cant contribute much. We need to be more carefull with our loan signings. Im afraid this season is going to be quite poor as we're MILES away from being a decent team at the moment. McCall has to take responsibility for our demise as he made the signings and loaned Page out and feck knows what our 'strikers' do at training during the week as we've now gone SIX HOURS of football without a goal. Worrying times indeed. <_>

Never felt so low on a Saturday afternoon for ages. Then again that kinda reflects how well we have performed over the last few years, I suppose?

We certainly are not carrying any luck since three quarters way through the Aberdeen game and the season has become disjointed for supporters with the postponement and the International week, not to mention Sunday and Friday games!

I think we really just need to get back to basics- including training schedules and things will become better, sooner.

Some of the players looked sluggish as the game went on last night and only Henrik and latterly Carswell appeared to put some zip into their play. More enthusiasm is essential and I'm afraid SM's overweight appearance and general folded arms demeanour will not spur the players on at all.

Having said that I ill still be at Perth on Saturday, hoping for improvement.

Why no cup run? Do you know the draw, the results and how we will play?

Daft statement.

I'm going by the character and performance of the team so far this season. IF we get a series of easy draws, especially at home, then yes, we might enjoy some success. However at some point its likely we'd meet tough opposition and I think we'd then struggle. Good cup teams need:

* a fair measure of skill, which we have;

* a solid defence and midfield, which we certainly have not;

* a cutting edge, which we certainly have not;

* on field leadership, which we lack; and finally

* battling qualities which we most certainly haven't.

There have been times in the past when we've had to rely on young players coming through and generally we've found a few gems that have injected some enthusiasm and youth into the side.

I look at the current crop of young players that have come through our youth system and I have to say I'm a bit concerned. To me they aren't of the same quality as players who had come through previously.

Ironically the one that impressed me most, Lawless, was released.

But I look at Carswell, Hetherington, Cummins, Page, Francis-Angol, Kerr and McHugh and I don't see anyone of real first team quality.

McHugh has probably deserved a better crack of the whip than he's got from McCall but the fact remains that 3 seasons after he made his debut we still don't know if he's good enough to be an SPL striker.

Cummins has shown some potential but clearly isn't ready to be a first team regular at this stage.

The rest, from what I've seen, I don't really rate, which might be a little unfair given their limited on field experience but it's just my general impression from having watched them.

Shouldn't we be asking some serious questions about the way our youth development is being run? It seems to me that we seem to have changed the focus from bringing in young local players to snapping up youth players that have been released from English clubs. No doubt there are good players to be found that way, Shaun Hutchinson is testament to that but I think perhaps we've gone too far down that road. Also the way the youth set up has been treated prior to this season when it was more or less forced on McCall has been very shoddy.

Young players have been all but ignored during successful periods when that is exactly the time to give young players some game experience when there is no where near as much pressure and the squad has an air of confidence about it. Fairly successful youth teams have been released on mass and young players given professional contracts by McCall (Halsman, McKinnon, Pollock, Smith etc.) had as much chance of getting a game as I had.

I just feel that whole side of the club, one that should be pretty high up on our list of priorities given the financial conditions, has been allowed to wither on the vine for the last couple of years.

Our club is lacking a real leader at the helm. Youth Development is appaling now,the 1st team is so thin no-one seems to give a fuck cause there guaranteed a start every week no matter what and the admin side,while getting better,seems to lurch from 1 clusterfuck to the next. The ship is rudderless. We need a revolution of sorts,and just when we may see that with the Well Society were told we need hundreds of thousands more investment before the fans would control the majority.

• Like 2

WHY ALL THE WHINGING IF WE WIN OUR GAME IN HAND WE ARE 2ND THE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE OBVIOUSLY WARPED ALL YOUR MINDS WITH THE MOST SUCCESS IVE EVER SEEN AND IVE BEEN GOING FOR 28 YEARS NOW.

WEVE STILL GOT A GREAT TEAM BUT I ADMIT WE DO NEED A LEADER TO AGAIN BE (BEST OF REST) AS WE R MISSING DRASTICALLY JENNO AND A CRAIGAN TYPE EXPERIENCED CENTRAL DEFENDER

SO TO ALL STOP FAKN WHINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMON THE WELL