Club 12 - Dundee Game Chat Etc.

ropy

We are about 80% a good team just now but the same weaknesses keep biting us. Our central defensive pairing are like lost sheep half the time. And for all the possession and territory we have we do not create enough chances - partly due to really poor crossing and partly due to a lack of willingness to take the ball on. Except the Hibs game where we did create a few chances it has happened time and time again this season.

Isn't Scott Burns on here? Express 'reporter'?

"The Hosts, who saw some of their fans break the Remebrance Day tribute"

Has he joined the ranks of the ill-informed and lost the power of his eyes and ears to suit an agenda, or just not paying attention? FFS man it's hard enough getting the truth out of non-Well fans without that nonsense being put in print.

Fuss about nothing regards the silence . Bunch of Dundee bams were unaware what was happening.

Taking the game in isolation, I fairly enjoyed it as it was a very competitive game between two poor teams. Fancied us to a nick a 2nd but again we ran out of steam and should no composure in front of goal throughout the match.

The same problems continue to arise that were evident from the Panathanikos game. Failure to find suitable replacements for Clancy and Jennings has ensued a mediocre season where we will huff and puff our way through games.

Sticks in the throat a wee bit that Daley comes on for the last 10 and contributes fuck all while Stevie Lawless scores another couple over at Firhill.

Another disappointing result and performance yesterday. At the back we don't look convincing with Cummins and Ramsden but that's the only option there is at the moment to be fair. However, in midfield where there is room for change McCall somehow doesn't see that it is not working the way it is. There's a lack of passion and we don't look interested in winning the 50/50 balls where Dundee looked the more hungrier of the 2 teams throughout. Lasley isn't captain material for me. Time for Carswell or Hetherington to be given a chance with Law moved out to the left as he has yet to prove that he is the man to fill the place left by Jennings.

• Like 1

I don't think the Dundee boys set out to protest or deliberately disrespect the minutes silence.

They're guilty of being incredibly thick en masse. Incredibly slow to respond to the events around them. Incredibly slow to respond with humility to the fuck up they made (it was everybody else's fault)

It shows once again the drawbacks of having a fucking useless tannoy system

I don't think the Dundee boys set out to protest or deliberately disrespect the minutes silence.

They're guilty of being incredibly thick en masse. Incredibly slow to respond to the events around them. Incredibly slow to respond with humility to the fuck up they made (it was everybody else's fault)

It shows once again the drawbacks of having a fucking useless tannoy system

I'm afriad the whole thing was poorly orchestrated. The tannoy anncoucer waffled on after the silence had begun too. Players should have gathered round the centre circle as normal with these things and our tannoy system is an embaressment.

I'm afriad the whole thing was poorly orchestrated. The tannoy anncoucer waffled on after the silence had begun too. Players should have gathered round the centre circle as normal with these things and our tannoy system is an embaressment.

Aye amazes me that clubs think these changes to 'protocol' don't have an effect

The players and officials gathering around the centre circle is a visual indication that something different to the norm is happening

Dundee lads were nothing more than a bit daft, likely on the sauce and after trip down a wee bit detached from what was happening

They shut up on realisation

Ps I only understood the PA announcement after the supposed silence had started and I could hear him talking on from another stands PA

First half we were dire. If we played like that every week we'd be relegated without a shadow of a doubt. Not organised, no confidence, no touch, no invention, nothing. It was ironic that Higdon scored as I thought he was the worst player on the pitch and I'm not one of the Higdon haters. He improved a bit in the second half and that 'honour' was passed to Hateley/Humphrey who were abysmal and hardly put a good ball in all match. There was one moment in the first half when Humphrey took a first touch and then had to sprint 10 yards to retrieve the ball. It was school football stuff. No big surprise then that the one good ball came in from the left but where I was sitting it was impossible to see if it was offside or not.

Dundee were the worst side I've seen this season and yet we were a bit lucky to get a point since Randolph had to bail us out at the other end on a couple of occasions with some excellent saves although I have to also point out that Randolph's distribution yesterday was terrible. There just seems to be an attitude of half heartedness, laziness around the whole team right now, with the exception of Ojamaa who I think is being played in the wrong position and isn't as effective as he could be despite his industry. He's at his best coming inside from a wider position and works best when he's along side Law on that flank. Of course both of those players are currently playing through the middle. Ojamaa is a player for a 4-3-3 not a 4-4-1-1. That's not a criticism of Ojamaa of course, it's a criticism of those that set the team up.

Yesterday was a lot worse than Wednesday but we've got a point (and a goal) out of it at least. Ojamaa was everywhere again yesterday and at the centre of almost everything we created, deserves to stay in the team. I thought Higdon again won a lot and almost always found a Motherwell player with his lay off.

I thought Lasley and Law were poor yesterday, offered very little to the defence or the wingers in terms of passing options and seemed more than happy to leave all the movement to Henrik coming deep. I think Humphrey or Murphy need to make way for a third midfielder (ideally Carswell) so that we can actually create from the middle and be sound defensively too. I don't know if a 4-3-1-2 is the answer, but given Law, Murphy and Ojamaa all like to move wide its not going to strip us of width as much as you'd think. It would also allow for Murphy to play alongside Higdon with Henrik buzzing about behind them, getting the best out of our three forwards, hopefully. No-one can have a go at McCall if he changes it next week but if he opts for the same system things start to look a bit hopeless.

I've mentioned this before but what the feck goes on at our training during the week. We have players who cant cross the road. Defenders who couldn't keep weans out a close and a midfield who are 2 decent players short oh and there's the forwards. One goal in about 6 games. The only way we're going to get back on track is ROLL THE SLEEVES UP. Take responsibility and WORK on the MANY weaknesses that is in our team. The fans know it, Surely the players know it and if Stuart McCall doesn't have them working harder and giving 100% in EVERY game cos yes i dont think every player is and that is the managers fault. In short SHAPE UP OR FECK OFF!!! <_>

Taking the game in isolation, I fairly enjoyed it as it was a very competitive game between two poor teams. Fancied us to a nick a 2nd but again we ran out of steam and should no composure in front of goal throughout the match.

The same problems continue to arise that were evident from the Panathanikos game. Failure to find suitable replacements for Clancy and Jennings has ensued a mediocre season where we will huff and puff our way through games.

THIS sums it up for me.

We dominated possession and had 3 times as many chances as Dundee. That is the good part.

The bad part is as always seems to be the case, the opposition need to create fewer chances to score. Dundee score with their 1st real attempt at goal and on target :wallbash:

Meanwhile we hit the ball straight down the throat of the goalie. Still - I would be more worried if we were not creating chances.

We have lost 4 games so far. The only one I feel we clearly deserved to lose was the Celtic game. You could argue strongly that draws v Hearts away and DDee Utd at home would have been deserved and the less said about the officiating at the Hibs game the better. So playing poorly but only a few points off the top 3/4.

I do feel as if McCall failed to replace Jennings and Ramsden has not filled the void left by either Clancy or Craigan.

When all is said and done what do the fans who support Motherwell really expect. We have been spoiled the past few years and when our home (fans) crowds average less than 4000, we are hardly ever going to be in a position to compete with Aberdeen and Hibs when it comes to squad strength.

Jennings and Clancy both need replaced.

We showed in the 2nd half of last season we could cope without Craigan.

Money was available for replacements towards the end of Aug. Dempster fucked up the Stevenson deal, dodged a bullet, and McCall couldn't identify anyone else.

If we go out the cup to Aberdeen though, I wouldn't be giving McCall any money to bring in anyone in January if he isn't signed up to a new contract.

Can only echo the concerns of the other posters above.

Part of me expected us to turn up yesterday with the injustice of Wednesday still fresh and give Dundee a hammering.

Part of me expected us to play poorly but at least scrape a win over the worst team in the league.

Part of me expected what we witnessed.

As I posted earlier, the panic button was pressed after yesterdays performance and result. It's been building all season. Clueless, devoid of ideas and confidence, no drive or determination and the same tactics and formation that have served us oh so well all season.

The same culprits that have been poor all season continue to be poor and now old/other favourites can't be relied on either.

My patience has ran out with Hateley and his deliveries and don't get me started on Humphrey. Must be the worst right hand side of a Motherwell team since, well I don't know, but even Malpas had Corrigan and Foran playing there. The left hand side despite featuring two favourite players of mine isn't working, and hasn't worked ever really as Murphy isn't a left midfielder. Centre of defence is incredibly fragile and suspect even against Dundee.

I don't know how the fuck we're going to get out of this, especially as McCall seems completely unwilling to alter the starting 11. I know we aren't blessed with options but surely tae fuck giving Carswell or Hetherington a start and moving Law back to left mid is worth a shot?

We have no money and Ramsden, Daley, and Kerr are contributing nothing and wasting wages that could've been used to keep Jennings and secure a capable replacement.

Meanwhile at Fir Hill a player we deemed not good enough is tearing teams apart.....