V Dundee United

milo

Funny how teams perceive themselves. Aberdeen and ICT are have excellent season but we're having an average (and if you believe Sky - a below average) (and if you believe a lot of folk on here - a full-on crisis) season yet we're on the same amount of points as Aberdeen, and one behind ICT

Aberdeen losing at home and us winning away is the perfect day for me no matter what the table looks like.

Looking forward to going into work tomorrow now! :yahoo:

Just back home. A great 3 points so well done Stuart and the lads. Two good goals with Humph's being a scorcher and candidate for goal of the season. What a goal!!

United came back into it in the second half and it was nail biting stuff. Very poor ref who let a niggly United side off with murder.

Great 3 points. Depressing to hear the Arabs moan and whinge at everything from start to finish.

Humph's goal will go down as a real jewel.

We hung on for dear life for just about the entire 2nd half! Seemed to lose every header and break off ball until a last gasp clearance but a fantastic 3 points at the end of the day and a bit of justice for the undeserved defeat by Utd at Fir park recently.

We started on fire and Higdons finish was actually pretty good. Humphreys goal though was out of this world though! An unstoppable thunderbolt and contender for goal of the season surely?!?! Ojamaas pass in the build up wasn't too shabby either. I thought we did ok after that initially, but Utds play through the middle was both clever and effective and too many times they came straight through the middle of us. Their goal seemed to come out of nothing though and at 2-0 the next goal is always important. The game seemed to have a lot of very good shots on target by both teams at this stage.

Second half was real backs to the wall stuff and we defended very deep nearly the whole half. Any out ball we had seemed to be wasted and just serve to invite more pressure on ourselves.

It would be harsh to single out failures in the team after such an important win so I won't, although there were a couple who I thought were slack throughout.

League position and points tally is looking great now, despite many of us (including me) often being quite critical of performances and results. I really just feel this is because the home form is so poor. Swap a couple of home draws and away wins around and I think we would all view things differently.

Special mention to the ref tonight whom I thought was atrocious! Let umpteen blatant fouls go unpunished and gave us literally nothing all night. No idea if Utds goal was offside. Hope it wasn't!!

Did ZFA have a good game?

Yes, they tried putting John daly on him to use his height, but McCall figured it out quick enough and had cummins on daly wherever possible.

Not a flawless performance, but for only his 2nd start (?) he was on the whole good, confident on the ball, showed strength to win or keep the ball and dealt with most things.

SPL goals coming up on SSN..

We didn't play well tonight, but then we have played well in other games and had nothing to show for it.

Must have done something right though!!

Neither team could keep the ball, but we took our chances well, and defended well enough that they were restricted to long range shots, and fortunately missed when they did get in.

Great to get 3 points in a game we would normally (and maybe should) have lost.

a great win. that's the first time we've ground anything out this season and that's the most satisfying type of result.

we played some good stuff in the first half and probably should have scored a few more. we looked solid at the back in the first half until hutchy had a bit of a brain fart but he made up for it in the second half with a lot of great blocks.

we rode our luck in the second half but still managed to create a few chances. united just lumped it to daly for most of it and we were flapping at points and the ball was coming back all the time as the two strikers couldn't hold it up front at all but we showed a lot of character especially in the final 10 minutes. zaine was excellent despite a couple of silly errors and cummins came onto a game late on as well, united decided the two of them were the weak link in the first half and played almost exclusively down our left but they coped well with good support from murphy. humphrey deserves a fair bit of credit as well not so much for the goal as his work rate.

bobby madden was rank, he obviously sees himself as scotland's answer to howard webb and seems to make it up as he goes along. skacel was diving and fouling for the 90 mins but somehow never got booked, both sides had decent penalty claims turned down and his general handling of the physical side of the game was shocking. it will be interesting to see their offside goal but it should have been our free kick anyway for one of their players headering carswell and bursting his nose.

Cheers for psoting up the video. What a great goal that was. From our box all the way to a goal. What an excellent transition. You could see the 2 men on Ojamaa and 2 men on Humphrey but Oj done well to gather the clearance, control and pick out the pass. Humhrey with a good touch and excellent strike to get us the goal from 2 against 4. damn!! that was like a real football team!!!

Cheers for psoting up the video. What a great goal that was. From our box all the way to a goal. What an excellent transition. You could see the 2 men on Ojamaa and 2 men on Humphrey but Oj done well to gather the clearance, control and pick out the pass. Humhrey with a good touch and excellent strike to get us the goal from 2 against 4. damn!! that was like a real football team!!!

I have to agree with this, the goal was a peach but I Ojamma's contribution to the goal was superb.

• Like 1

I have to agree with this, the goal was a peach but I Ojamma's contribution to the goal was superb.

I agree with you on that one. Ojamma hasn't quite hit his goal scoring form as yet but the last few games he's been excellent.

That pass to humph for the goal was absolute perfection.