Spl Prize Money 2012/13

Toxteth O'Grady

I wasn't there, but as far as I know the club included it in their presentation at the last Well Society meeting. In particular they mentioned that Aberdeen were the club who thought they were one of the big boys and scuppered votes.

This made the league reconstruction proposals more attractive to teams like us because the straight majority rule was a guaranteed part of the package. So if and when they were adopted, as long as 7 clubs wanted to change the distribution of funds, it would be carried.

I wasn't there, but as far as I know the club included it in their presentation at the last Well Society meeting. In particular they mentioned that Aberdeen were the club who thought they were one of the big boys and scuppered votes.

This made the league reconstruction proposals more attractive to teams like us because the straight majority rule was a guaranteed part of the package. So if and when they were adopted, as long as 7 clubs wanted to change the distribution of funds, it would be carried.

I was there and never got any of that in relation to redistribution of funds or the fact it had already happened

yes the Aberdeen example was given, but only in relation to changing the voting structure

the question was asked specifically why cant individual things like , voting, distribution of wealth etc be passed through as individual amendments and we were told it has been tried and is quite simply not possible to get them through, lengthy discussion including Aberdeen example

in the new setup voting,nothing to do with 7 clubs was mentioned 75% of the clubs would be needed in the top group to get change, but only on certain aspects, other more serious changes would require more votes

the financials presented, showed the change from last years structure to the new proposed 12-12-18 financial structure, nothing was said about this being slipped in this season in fact it was heavily sold on the fact that 1st and 2nd place would be giving up the substantial amounts for redistribution, which may of course be true next season, but conveniently dances around the fact that a change was made, what it was, and the fact that it shows changes could be made without the full package of reconstruction

Early on the the meeting our board, LD, said that there is a lot of passion surrounding whats happening with the SPL but also a lot of misinformation and the club need to let everyone know the facts, a fine sentiment on the back of this change being dropped in

• Like 2

1362760697[/url]' post='376230']

Well that all depends. I have invested significantly in the Well Society and knew that my money would go to Motherwell Football Club in some form or other. Perfectly happy with that.

Not quite sure what you were anticipating the Well Society to be or represent.

I would say that Motherwell have been more open and sharing that virtually every other club in the SPL this season. the Well Society did not or does not mean that every aspect of the clubs business would be shared with the fans and why should it be.

In saying all that I cannot believe like the rest of us that the richest club in the league and a club that has just taken in another £20m + from Champions League cannot expected to take a cut like very other SPL club. They would argue that they are the reason we still have a TV deal, but hardly the point. Quite unbelievable and unreasonable in equal measure.

Agree that not every day to day decision needs the perusal or agreement of the fans, but when those self same fans have become stakeholders in the club, something as major as earnings through league placing should always be discussed especially if the terms are changed mid stream.

What's the point of Scottish Football now? What's the point in me spending £300 quid on a season ticket? £300 on the Well Society and hundreds in merchandise when at least 11 clubs have voted to INCREASE the gap between Celtic and the rest?

In addtition this decsion seems to have been down on the quiet without an announcment from any of the clubs including our very own and that is absolutely disgraceful Motherwell FC. Why weren't the fans informed of this decision. For the record I have no problem with the prize money being distributed fairly but the prize money being untouched for 1st place only emphasises the cowardice that the other 11 clubs have towards Celtic FC.

This is another nail in the coffin of Scottish Football. Well done Motherwell FC, I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Pretty much agree with this. Will I chuck it I dunno but it is certainly another nail in the coffin.

Agree that not every day to day decision needs the perusal or agreement of the fans, but when those self same fans have become stakeholders in the club, something as major as earnings through league placing should always be discussed especially if the terms are changed mid stream.

Yes, apart form the #1 prize money not being touched this change in midstream really bothers me. everyone should know what they are playing for from the start of the season and any chnages should be in place the follwoaing season...............Of course having said that if they all decide that it's ok to change midstream then we are back to why the hell did we agree to this or maybe we still have that question regardless?

I'm all for the redistribution of the wealth for the good of the game. The media reported the matter as thus..... What changed ?

Jan 13, 2013 – PETER LAWWELL has admitted Cetic are still plotting an exit ... the top two teams in the SPL will be giving up well in excess of a million pounds ...

Lawwell - Daily Record Story

"

Lawwell, approaching his 10th anniversary at Celtic, has revealed the top two teams in the SPL will be giving up well in excess of a million pounds to create a more even

distribution of wealth."

Completely and utterly false? 1st place sees a drop because the prize pot has shrunk, not because it is being evenly distributed.

I don't get worked up about much, especially some of the shite and half truths that gets banded about on fitba forums (not just the one). I also refuse to use emoticons but this whole scenario can only be summed up one way .... :dash2:

"

Lawwell, approaching his 10th anniversary at Celtic, has revealed the top two teams in the SPL will be giving up well in excess of a million pounds to create a more even

distribution of wealth."

Completely and utterly false? 1st place sees a drop because the prize pot has shrunk, not because it is being evenly distributed.

I don't get worked up about much, especially some of the shite and half truths that gets banded about on fitba forums (not just the one). I also refuse to use emoticons but this whole scenario can only be summed up one way .... :dash2:

No its all true, to the extent he talking about the reconstruction proposals, which would mean a change to next years prize distribution , which would have reverted back to last years structure as rule C4.3A is for this season only

The problem with scottish football is the fans of nearly every club are desperate to get rid of Rangers and Celtic but the SPL/SFA are just as desperate to keep them and they know it. Everybody knows Rangers would have got back into the SPL straight away if the fans hadn't scared the clubs into refusing them entry, and changing the prize money for everybody bar Celtic is another example of the SPL not caring about the fans of the other clubs. But how and why it was voted through I do not know perhaps someone from the club could explain

"

distribution of wealth."

How is it false ?

As a supporter of 50 years and a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember I thought long and hard about joining the Well Society.

My heart told me to do it but then my head said what sensible person puts money into a football club.

The decision not to reduce the prize money that can only go to Celtic, beggars belief and I am sorry to say totally vindicates my decision not to invest in the Well Society.

The club with the most money that gets the Champions League money every year gets their money maintained while every other team gets their money reduced.

Great move SPL. No wonder fans are turning away from the game.

This shows the game in Scotland is fd and the people running it have no idea.

1362778476[/url]' post='376273']

As a supporter of 50 years and a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember I thought long and hard about joining the Well Society.

My heart told me to do it but then my head said what sensible person puts money into a football club.

The decision not to reduce the prize money that can only go to Celtic, beggars belief and I am sorry to say totally vindicates my decision not to invest in the Well Society.

The club with the most money that gets the Champions League money every year gets their money maintained while every other team gets their money reduced.

Great move SPL. No wonder fans are turning away from the game.

This shows the game in Scotland is fd and the people running it have no idea.

How does every other team get ther money reduced?

I guess the vote on this took place months ago but in the usual sneaky way of Doncaster and co it was published as top 2 give generously. Great leap forward

Well screw that. How did the board represent to the Soc members that reconstruction was best for us? When it may well not be.

I dont mind levelling the playing field but not so Celtic (or eventually Pretendygers) keep their share in perpetuity.

So WHY would we as a voting SPL club not vote to put the LNS result on the back burner until the SPL know the result of the appeal. Is that not logical?

And by the way if any of ours go to Pretendygers. Your mad lads and you will get dumped.

1362784754[/url]' post='376282']

In that case Celtic don't get their money maintained.

Yes, that was my point too.

We need to be careful to use valid arguments when making a point and not mis-represent the facts. I know this is an Internet forum but if we are passionate about an issue we should get it right.

For me the thing that is missing is the confirmation of what will happen in subsequent years. If this is a first step to a fairer distribution then I can see some of the logic to it, most teams will do better out of this set up than they would from the previous one. How much of our anger is because we have a shot at second place. Are Dundee fans angry?

None of this addresses the issue that the communication has been poor on this but I am prepared to give our club the benefit of the doubt that they have a better view of the bigger picture than I do.

We need to be careful to use valid arguments when making a point and not mis-represent the facts. I know this is an Internet forum but if we are passionate about an issue we should get it right.

For me the thing that is missing is the confirmation of what will happen in subsequent years. If this is a first step to a fairer distribution then I can see some of the logic to it, most teams will do better out of this set up than they would from the previous one. How much of our anger is because we have a shot at second place. Are Dundee fans angry?

None of this addresses the issue that the communication has been poor on this but I am prepared to give our club the benefit of the doubt that they have a better view of the bigger picture than I do.

A quick look at the Aberdeen forum shows they are just as angry as us & they have no chance of 2nd place.

The problem people had with the prize money was it was unevenly weighted towards 1st and 2nd places. Rangers are gone, and it's sneakily been changed to be unevenly weighted towards 1st.

Why?

Does Lawell have incriminating photos of all the other chairmen?

Technically celtic won't get more money, but the gap between 1st and 2nd is now bigger than 2-12, surely by any logic that's mental!

While I agree success should be rewarded, surely weighting it so heavily towards a club whose finances dwarf the entire league combined is just making things worse???

• Like 1