2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Forget Boyd and Wilson - unlikely to happen.

can see Hutchy going the same was as Law and Randolph. Both very good players, but left for nowt. He has a year left on his contract and will probably see it out. Plus the fact he is/was injury prone may put off potential suitors. I would be happy to see Hutchy and McManus in central defence.

Aye, they wait til after I've renewed my season ticket before a Kris Boyd rumour surfaces. No, thanks. And people said Sutton was slow and immobile..

If we could sell Hutchinson and pick up Wilson for nothing, it'd be an outstanding bit of business but, like others, I can't see it. Having signed three players from other SPL clubs, I figure that the rest of our signings may be at the cheaper end of the market. Can't see McManus coming for the same reason...

If we could sell Hutchinson and pick up Wilson for nothing, it'd be an outstanding bit of business but, like others, I can't see it. Having signed three players from other SPL clubs, I figure that the rest of our signings may be at the cheaper end of the market. Can't see McManus coming for the same reason...

Really? I'd have thought McCall would still have a decent chunk of his budget left after his deals so far.

Let's just assume Sutton is picking up roughly whatever Higdon was earning and ditto Vigurs with Law's wage. Although I'd think Vigurs would be on less than Law but for arguments sake lets just say it's similar.

Then we've still lost

Randolph

Hateley

Humphrey

Ojamaa

Saunders

Daley

Off the wage bill and only brought in Paul Lawson and to be honest I don't imagine we're paying him a great deal. He seemed keen to return to the central belt and I doubt he was on a large amount at Ross County. Randolph, Hateley and Humphrey would have all been fairly big hitters on our wage bill and I can't see Lawson being on that kind of money.

We've also lost Kerr, Higginbotham and Faddy although I have no idea how much of their wages we were paying. That's 11 players gone though, I don't expect us to bring anywhere near that many in but having only brought 3 in so far I'd be surprised even with his budget being cut if McCall didn't have room for a few more quality signings. I also get the feeling he's going to go with qualtiy over quantity judging by what he's said in the media and that he will supplement them with our own youngsters. Hence why we tied up Cummins, ZFA, Moore, McHugh & Carswell etc. on long term contracts last season.

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

So, there's actually people on here saying they wouldn't take the SPL's top scorer of all time in the side, cos he might be a wee bit fat?

Guid yin.

He could be 25 stone for all I care, he's scored 160-odd goals in this league.

160-Odd.

A HUNDRED AND SIXTY

• Like 3

This must be the only time that an SPL side finishes one season and starts the new season with a completely new side from 1-11. The only saving grace is that every other side, apart from Celtic, are struggling to hold onto players as well. Continuity will be key this coming season and we could see one of the perceived smaller sides doing really well if they keep the nucleus of their team together.

It must be a struggle for the club to entice season ticket holders to renew their memberships when the fans have no idea what team will be put out this coming season.

This must be the only time that an SPL side finishes one season and starts the new season with a completely new side from 1-11. The only saving grace is that every other side, apart from Celtic, are struggling to hold onto players as well. Continuity will be key this coming season and we could see one of the perceived smaller sides doing really well if they keep the nucleus of their team together.

It must be a struggle for the club to entice season ticket holders to renew their memberships when the fans have no idea what team will be put out this coming season.

Not impossible that we'll have three of last season's back four still playing for us next season. Keith Lasley is still there. And John Sutton knows what the club is about so there's a degree of continuity there.

And most season ticket holders get a season ticket because it's their team and they always do. I know when I went to renew, who was going to be in the team wasn't a factor...

Walked past Kerr in town yesterday ... He's some size of a lad! Alot broader than I thought he was when I saw him playing!

What is his natural position anyway? Right back, centre half? I seem to remember him even playing right mid for us at one point last season.

1372593178[/url]' post='387875']

Danny Wilson has agreed a pay cut and is staying at Hearts. STAYING .O.K

Staying you say? He wasn't signed in the first place given they couldn't register any contract and then were again placed under transfer embargo unless the goalposts have been shifted?

I thought the couldn't sign anyone? Or is he ok because it was a pre contract?

he was already registered last season, until june 30th so , the registration is an extension not a new signing,

interesting the league are already referring to themselves as the SPFL , I would have thought there would be some legal stuff to get out the way prior to that happening not least sponsor contracts etc

What about daryl Duffy having trial at killie was shite with hibs but if he got his Falkirk form back could be a good player

Stop watching football.