Kit Deal

underboyleheating

Kit Poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Our 4 year 2010/11 deal with Puma/Genesis Sport is up at the end of the season. Would you like to see us stick with Puma/Genesis Sport or move to another manufacturer to supply our kit for season 2014/15?

• They have done a great job and we should stick with Puma/Genesis Sport for season 2014/15.
    • I would like to see us move to a different manufacturer for the 2014/15 season.
    • Similar to Kilmarnock, we should design and manufacture our own branded kit.
    • It doesn?t bother me who makes our kit.

Sash kits

• Have very negative connotations in this part of the world.

A sash is purely a design feature and any connotation to the orange order is just subjective. Our "claret sash" kit is still fondly remembered by Well fans of a certain vintage and to compare it to an "orange sash" is madness.

Yassin - I made a suggestion. A suggestion that would do nothing but symbolise the best time to watch Motherwell play! It had and has no sectarian connotation whatsoever. By your logic, Wolfsburg should never play in this country, because of their diagonal stripe, amid fears of creating a mass Catholic-Protestant riot..

Back to our kit, I imagine that the kits will be unveiled within the next couple weeks since we open pre-orders in a little over 24 hours! Purely conjecture mind, but I think the club will want to get sales early!

On looking at some Macron kits online, the appear to be in favour of the full on embroidered club badge. I have never been a fan of the sublimated printed style badge as they can at times cheapen the look of a top. Fingers crossed they go down this route (with full nipple protection on the reverse! whistling.gif).

Newport top complete with embroidered badge... thumbup.gif

2rvykjl.jpg

I don't really like the sash style strip so I hope we don't get it.

I had a wee look and we only wore a sash for 3 years of our existence so it's not like it was anything more than a very minor fad.

My point wasn't really about the sash (although it seems to have taken on a life of its own), more about how the hoop rarely made an appearance in the 70s and 80s.

Having said that, I was lucky enough to watch guys like Wullie P play in the sash kit, so it does have good memories.

I don't really like the sash style strip so I hope we don't get it.

I think it's a safe bet that you won't see Motherwell wearing a home 'sash' top anytime soon. As for the away/third there is always room for a sash style top to make a reappearance. We seem to have settled on always having the signature claret band/hoop on our home tops for the foreseeable future.