Motherwell V Hearts 19/10/13

Yabba's Turd

There is usually a grain of truth in what Steelboy says even when it's not popular on the forums and its true our big summer signings haven't performed as well as we'd all like.

However there is something fawlty about his attitude.

We came from behind today to win, again. We have now won 6 of the last 7 league matches at Fir Park and have only lost 2 in the last 19.

We also have young players coming through this term who look like holding down first team slots. The reason Lawson hasn't played (and therefore can't really be judged) is because of the excellent form of Carswell. To a lesser extent Francis-Angol has also challenged Vigurs for a spot.

Also slating Vigurs after probably his best 45 minutes of his Motherwell career seems a bit bizarre. Sure, he has flaws but today I felt he showed a touch and range of pass that was better than anyone else on the field. If he can build on what he showed today in the second half he'll be a very good player for us.

We are looking like a Top Three team this term. Fir Park is becoming something of a fortress, we are scoring goals and even when we go a goal behind we are not only coming back but winning.

The fact that our summer signings haven't done as well so far would be a good point if we were struggling but we aren't we are doing well, it's almost as if Steelboy can't deal with the fact that we are a pretty good side these days.

ENJOY.

• Like 4

McManus didn't lose a defensive header all day. I thought he had a great game.

Hutchy, too. Apart from his dodgy pass in the 2nd half, he had a great game.

Vigurs needs to use his right foot more than once a game! Also needs to release the ball a bit quicker on some occasions - caught in possession too many times. However, showing more of what he's capable of.

ZFA had a shocker - nothing was coming off for him and his confidence suffered as the game went on, as a result.

I would not have signed two career first division players with no pace.

If those career first division players had pace then we wouldn't be able to afford them. Same if Humphrey could cross a ball and last 90 minutes as well as he ran, he'd be playing at a level way above us.

The first half was an absolute write off for me yet again, if we had sterner opposition then we'd be in trouble. I just wish McCall used elements of his half time team talk at 2:45.

Unfortunately as has been pointed out ZFA had a poor day at the office. I can't think of any of his decisions that paid off. He came short for balls played into space and went bounding down the wing to see Hammell sidefoot a pass short.

Vigurs despite a few issues generally gave us our creative spark. I can't remember the last time that corner after corner from us seemed to be delivered to a dangerous area opposed to rolling of the eyes every time Tom Hateley turned and headed back to the halfway line.

Bit of a tendency to take an extra touch throughout the team. Sometimes a snapshot or first time ball is the only option.

Bob McHugh must be gutted tonight. it looks like he's could be going even further down the pecking order.

I've just seen Moore's goal again, absolutely tremendous hit from the wee man. It's a shame that in a thread where we should really be celebrating a product of our own youth system, which has taken a bit of stick on here recently, coming off the bench to score an absolute wonder goal with his 1st kick of a ball in a competitive game at Fir Park to pull us out a hole and set us on our way to another 3 points, we are instead lumbered with the petty squabbling of the last few pages.

To come off the bench for your home debut when your team needs a goal and to produce that was something special. He could have taken a touch, he could have passed the ball and kept it simple as the ball sat up quite awkwardly but instead he showed tremendous confidence and no lack of technique to take it first time on the half volley and put his laces through it. Was in as soon as left his boot and I think it's the most I've celebrated a goal at Fir Park this season.

Love seeing a young player, especially one from our own youth team, coming on and showing skill and confidence in their ability. Moore deserves great credit for that goal because until that point it looked like we were running out of ideas and we needed a moment of inspiration to lift us. Wanted to see him get a chance ever since he was getting rave reviews in the 1st last season at Cowdenbeath and I hope he can kick on from here. Obviously it's only one goal and it's important not to get carried away. Heck if Faddy and/or Ainsworth had been fit he probably wouldn't even have been on the bench today! However he was and when he got his chance in the 1st team that he's patiently waited for this season while continuing to do the business for the youth team he more than took it.

Well done Craig Moore.

• Like 3

I've just seen Moore's goal again, absolutely tremendous hit from the wee man. It's a shame that in a thread where we should really be celebrating a product of our own youth system, which has taken a bit of stick on here recently, coming off the bench to score an absolute wonder goal with his 1st kick of a ball in a competitive game at Fir Park to pull us out a hole and set us on our way to another 3 points, we are instead lumbered with the petty squabbling of the last few pages.

To come off the bench for your home debut when your team needs a goal and to produce that was something special. He could have taken a touch, he could have passed the ball and kept it simple as the ball sat up quite awkwardly but instead he showed tremendous confidence and no lack of technique to take it first time on the half volley and put his laces through it. Was in as soon as left his boot and I think it's the most I've celebrated a goal at Fir Park this season.

Love seeing a young player, especially one from our own youth team, coming on and showing skill and confidence in their ability. Moore deserves great credit for that goal because until that point it looked like we were running out of ideas and we needed a moment of inspiration to lift us. Wanted to see him get a chance ever since he was getting rave reviews in the 1st last season at Cowdenbeath and I hope he can kick on from here. Obviously it's only one goal and it's important not to get carried away. Heck if Faddy and/or Ainsworth had been fit he probably wouldn't even have been on the bench today! However he was and when he got his chance in the 1st team that he's patiently waited for this season while continuing to do the business for the youth team he more than took it.

Well done Craig Moore.

Well\ said sir !

As someone who has followed the youths up and down the country for years it is always great to see one of them playing for the 1st team and doing something special.

Should also be mentioned that the wee fella showed great maturity near the final whistle when he held the ball up in the corner area to waste some time. A football brain at work methinks.

Good result after being behind (again), although it would have been really harsh if we didn't take anything from the game after being the better team throughout.

I thought Sutton and Las were excellent and Vigurs really came onto a game in the second half after a sticky first 45, his deliveries were perfect every time.

Cracking goal by Craig Moore! Dream-like stuff to send a 20 yard screamer into the roof of the net with your first touch of the ball.

A wee mention for Rammers as well who is quickly becoming one of my favourite players in the team and now that he is settled back into the right back role is venturing forward more frequently.

Ramsden delivery into the box on the move is also an improvement of Hateleys I think....

Not 'on the move' exactly but his control and cross for Bob's goal against County the other week was bloody marvelous. Don't think it got mentioned as much as it deserved.

Mon the Rammers!

• Like 1

Whether it's trolling or not, steelboy has yet again hijacked a thread and made it all about him.

I'm nowhere near Motherwell. I wasn't at the game, didn't hear the radio or see Final Score so I was looking forward to reading all about our great comeback on here from fellow fans who witnessed it. Instead, I'm stuck reading this turgid tripe.

I don't know if his mummy never hugged him as a child but this constant craving of attention is pathetically childish.

Is it time to put him on the naughty step? (Ban him for a while?)

• Like 1

Agree with Scoojy, ZFA had a shocker, along with Vigurs in the 1st half.

I would almost have had McManus as MOTM yesterday, he practically strolled through the match.

As for steelboy, I fucking despair, much like starting an 'X player is shite' thread, this constant 'he's a wasted wage'/'bad signing'/'we're pish' is either just trolling for effect or fucking delusion.

This is our golden era, fucking enjoy it.

Vigurs is frustrating as fuck to watch. You know there's an absolute player in there but we just aren't seeing it yet. Moore did nothing other than score a wonder goal. McHugh was pish as usual and missed an absolute sitter. Never going to make it that boy. Lasley was immense and big Sutton won everything in the air and was unlucky not to score. Really like him. Absolute gem of a player.

• Like 1

Missed the game due to being on holiday so can't comment on the game but as Yabba says "enjoy it " If we can get a good run in the cup to go with our league form then it'll be exciting.As for Steelboy, he'd put more people to sleep than Harold Shipman wae his boring pish.

I thought Vigours did ok yesterday. His corners are fab. Think he needs to up his fitness but he's a good passer and im sure will be a good player for us this season. McManus yes did have a dodgy start but he's getting better with every game. If and it is an IF we can get Faddy fit then we'll definately have another cracking season. We're level with ICT now at the top. Ok we weren't at our best yesterday but guess what....WE WON!!! :thumbup:

Although ZFA had a poor game yesterday I think we have a gem of a player. You can tell he's played left back most his career but his positional sense and runs will come as he learns

Might be worth trying him at right mid so he can cut inside and shoot like Townsend at spurs and bale before him

Hopefully he'll be the next one we can sell on for money

I like vigurs as well but he does need more awareness for tracking back. Boys got some left foot

Not watched the highlights yet, but at the time you could see the defender's hand was high but had no idea where the ball had actually hit him.

The first shout or the second? There is an argument for ball to hand for the first (although I have seen them given), but I have watched the second one a few times now and it looks like a stonewaller to me.

Thankfully, it didn't make any difference.

Just watched the highlights - for the first one, he had one hand high but the ball hit his other hand which was in a natural place so I think that was fair enough. The one on Danny Wilson was more of a claim but I think his hand was retracting to a natural position so I can understand his decision for that one too but to be honest if it was given against us I wouldn't have had too many complaints. This was one of these decisions where the referee's definition of intent is everything and if you sat ten of the referees down you would never get consensus. At the game I never even noticed the second one by the way.

Second handball looks stonewaller. Lifted his arm and tried to pull away - penalty. Lasley and Big Mac were very good, Ian Vigurs was very frustrating. We came back well after conceding a soft goal - writing was on the wall 2 mins earlier when Hearts broke down the left wing. Moore showed how to do it, and big Hutchy eventually got the break from one of our may corners. Good performance - great result.