Where Do We Go From Here ?

gilmour

Anier has been poor for the last month or so but to be fair so has most of the team.

However I think one of our major problems over that time has been Anier's failure to form a working partnership with Sutton.

Since McFadden can't run and playing him wide is not much use to anyone we might consider playing him off Sutton. Or alternatively Moore has looked sharp in his couple of appearances. I like Moore's attitude, unlike Anier of late, he wants to get into the box, he's direct and looks like he has a goalscorers instincts.

We shouldn't expect too much from any of the youngster, especially a guy with a couple of sub appearances but when we've been so inept lately I don't think it does any harm to shake things up a bit and give a guy down the pecking order a chance in the first team.

Anier has been poor for the last month or so but to be fair so has most of the team.

However I think one of our major problems over that time has been Anier's failure to form a working partnership with Sutton.

Since McFadden can't run and playing him wide is not much use to anyone we might consider playing him off Sutton. Or alternatively Moore has looked sharp in his couple of appearances. I like Moore's attitude, unlike Anier of late, he wants to get into the box, he's direct and looks like he has a goalscorers instincts.

We shouldn't expect too much from any of the youngster, especially a guy with a couple of sub appearances but when we've been so inept lately I don't think it does any harm to shake things up a bit and give a guy down the pecking order a chance in the first team.

I was going to start a new thread with the following article I found in the paper, but reckon this topic is suitable for it.

Interesting reading, especially with regards to the German take on young players.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/international/article3920605.ece

We've looked extremely unfit this season so this can only be a good thing.

I was hoping that McCall might cry off his kettle and cones duty this week but obviously not. Having a guy airdrie sacked in charge for any length of time doesn't sit right.

Was having a guy in charge who was sacked by Wolves and Brighton any better?

How about having a guy in charge who was sacked by Coventry and Sunderland?

Or a guy that left Preston by "mutual consent"?

Or a guy that left Bradford by "mutual consent"?

Given that we don't pay money for players or managers, anybody we get is going to be out of work (which 99% of the time means newly sacked).

• Like 3

I read in the paper today that the Inverness players have given up there 5 days off during the international break to do extra training.

I suppose there's no chance our players (or manager) have done the same thing following the shambles against united?

do you think it would make a difference?

we are still 2 points ahead of the team who "humiliated" us in that shambolic performance you speak of

and worse case scenario, we are 13 points clear of the play off spot

there's no way I can argue that our performances this season have been anywhere near last season - but wholesale changes are going to have that impact.

suspensions and injuries are going to do that too - something we were fortunate with the last few seasons

Bonjour!

Late comer to this thread! There is 6 pages of it here, can someone do me a favour and quote all the best panty wetting bits?

Save me trawling through this.

ta

(And don't any of you comical geniuses just quote my post!)

To sum up, we have one bad result and the players and management team are all pish.

To sum up, we have one bad result and the players and management team are all pish.

Think you are being a bit liberal with the truth there unless you consider the St Johnstone and Aberdeen results as magnificent achievements. So there's 3 bad results to get the waterworks flowing at a nice steady stream.

Think you are being a bit liberal with the truth there unless you consider the St Johnstone and Aberdeen results as magnificent achievements. So there's 3 bad results to get the waterworks flowing at a nice steady stream.

3 bad results but more than 3 bad games..............but anyway it just the same old story...........Whn we are playing good you know we are going to hit a bad patch. When we are playing bad you know we will get better at some point, so just sitting back patiently waiting on McCal and the players getting it right and hitting a good patch.

it should be noted that, bad as we are at the moment, the teams around us are apparently having a great season. So i am looking forward to a better second half of the season. We get better and they get worse...........I hope!!

I see Anier has scored twice for Estonia against Liechtenstein. Hopefully this will get his confidence up a bit and start a wee goal scoring run for us again.

He came on as a 57th mins. sub and scored on 62nd and 63rd minutes. Quite an impact which he'll hopefully reproduce on Saturday. :yahoo:

We've looked extremely unfit this season so this can only be a good thing.

I was hoping that McCall might cry off his kettle and cones duty this week but obviously not. Having a guy airdrie sacked in charge for any length of time doesn't sit right.

Canny mind you greetin about mccall n blacks capabilities the last cple of seasons...moron

Can everybody who still calls him "Ar-nee-ay" please watch the clips of his two goals to hear how to pronounce his name properly -- it's really not a difficult one as furrin names go :P

Of course that might just be the Estonian pronunciation of what seems to be a name with French origins.