Dundee United V Motherwell 21/02/14

milo

Just watched the highlights of the Utd game. Neilson blameless for the goals Hutchie was crap and caused the 1st and he and Hammell were culpable for the 2nd. The 3rd took a deflection and that made it virtually unsaveable. Big improvement required for Perth. <_>

1st goal is all Hutchinson.

2nd commentators blamed Hammell but I thought a hand in the face shove should have been a free kick to us.

3rd I'd say is a combination of McFadden shiting it and Gunnar setting up his wall poorly.

At least two were very avoidable and we could probably have done better at the second.

1393193877[/url]' post='406555']

2nd commentators blamed Hammell but I thought a hand in the face shove should have been a free kick to us.

3rd I'd say is a combination of McFadden shiting it and Gunnar setting up his wall poorly.

At least two were very avoidable and we could probably have done better at the second.

Did the wall not break up with the runners

Agree on 1st point

Second point, not only was Hammll shoved in the face but utd player's hand was right over his eyes so hard to blame him too much when he could not see anything

3rd I would say is McFadden. The wall was set up pretty well. You are not supposed to jump out of the way of the ball.

But as far as I am concerned. Bad performance, try to eliminate the mistakes for future games and St Johnstone here we come. Being Motherwell, we have to expect some bad performances and this was one of them. Maybe we are getting too used to winning ??? Progress in itself even thinking that could be the case as a Well fan :thumbup:

Finally got around to watching the highlights, and it looks like despite our poor performance in the first half, with two self inflicted goals, but we seem to have been pretty hard done by with a couple of refereeing decisions. No complaints about the first goal as it's a moment of madness by Hutch, but at the second, Ciftci's got his hand in Hammell's face, which gives him a couple of yards to flick the ball on to the unmarked Gunning. And after that, the penalty claim for Vigurs is absolutely mental. I can't believe that wasn't given. Absolutely zero attempt to play the ball, just trying to take the man out.

Oh well, no massive damage done, thanks to Partick beating Aberdeen, and not entirely unexpected, given our injuries, but disappointing to lose in such a manner nonetheless. Is that the first penalty we've had in the league this season?