Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

True - but then it begs the question why anyone should 'kin bother including the players - the Manager etc

If the fans cannae be arsed to get up for or along to a European game.

Since when did it matter who or at what stage we were playing in Europe.

What some fans need is another 10 years without European football. That will be just around the corner, so enjoy whilst it lasts

That is if some fans can be botheredmellow.gif

four years ago the club thought £15 was a fair price for playing an icelandic team at this stage of the competition, at this point in july.

there is no reason for this fixture to be a tenner dearer and fans are right to consider or not whether they want to pay this amount for this game.

Fuck sake!

Every single person has to justify to themselves (and perhaps their family) if they are willing to spend £25 to go to this game. That's it. Every single person will have their own reasons, motivations, budgets, incomes, holidays, etc. No one will have the exact same circumstances as anyone else.

There is ZERO point in trying to say why anyone else SHOULD be going to this game. There is ZERO point in trying to say why anyone else SHOULD NOT be going to this game. The price is what it is.

If you can justify the £25, brilliant. Go and and enjoy the game and cheer the 'Well on as loudly as you can and make sure that you do all you can to ensure the occasion is worth every single penny. Hopefully, the players will respond and do the business to make it an even more memorable night for you.

If you can't justify the £25, that's fine. For whatever reason, you can't justify but it doesn't make you any less of a fan. You certainly don't have to justify it to anyone else. Stay at home, do whatever else you are needed to do but keep in touch with the game via radio, twitter, this site if possible and hope that we win so that there will be another game in the next round. Then, you can decide whether or not you can justify the ticket price for that, depending on the opponent, price, dates, circumstances, etc.

Stop moaning about anyone else's decision, whether that's someone on here right through to the board at the club, and make your own decision as to what you want to do because that's the only decision you have the right to make.

This. :cheers::thumbup:

What do people think the reasons are that we haven't got a replacement in for McFadden and Anier yet? Do you think we'll someone in for the start of the season or even the next round of Europe? (if we get through of course)

If the Anier deal was a few weeks in the making before he officially left as McCall stated and he had his eye on some potential replacements you would like to think we could've got them signed in time for Europe. Naw?

These things just take a while, particularly if it's a loan from down south. A lot of the English clubs don't agree to farming out players until later in the summer.

It's what happened with Ainsworth.

Stop moaning about anyone else's decision, whether that's someone on here right through to the board at the club, and make your own decision as to what you want to do because that's the only decision you have the right to make.

so admission prices should never be up for discussion?

• Like 1

so admission prices should never be up for discussion?

I honestly don't mean this as a cheap insult, but based on your behaviour/posts over the years on here, I never believe that ANYTHING you post on here is simply up for discussion. Unless you count the 'bites' you get as a discussion.

To answer your question, at no point did I ever say admission prices shouldn't be up for discussion. Some people have quite rightly discussed the validity of the price. What becomes tiresome is:

1) People using it as another stick to beat the club with/moan for the sake of moaning. Yes, there's things that are worthy of complaint but if people moan about EVERYTHING, how on earth are they ever going to be taken seriously?

2) People feeling the need to justify to everyone else why they will or won't buy a ticket. I don't give a shit if poster A, B and C is going. I don't give a shit is poster X, Y and Z isn't going. I don't suppose many other people care either. It's tiresome reading multiple pages of that and it dilutes the valid points people are trying to make about the validity of this particular admission price.

3) It inevitably brings out the "it's a disgrace we don't have enough fans going to games" posts which bring out the inevitable defensive responses which we are all surely to fuck fed up of reading by now? There is never anything constructive that comes from those posts (if there was, I wouldn't mind them in the slightest) and it just ends up in a tit-for-tat whining session.

You know fine that everything to do with Motherwell FC should be up for discussion on this particular board. It's just that some folk on here have a very different definition of 'discussion' than many others do.

• Like 2

Can see this match going the same way as the Celtic match. We'll need to get off to a good start or it could get uncomfortable.

Similar to Celtic, if we can’t beat an amateur side over two legs we don’t deserve to be in the competition. Stjarnan will be match fit as their season is already well under way, however, we are the seeded side and need to show them whose boss. We have an opportunity to kill this tie tomorrow and I fully expect us to go about it in a professional manner. I am sure there will be no excuses from McCall and the team if we fail to do so.

2) People feeling the need to justify to everyone else why they will or won't buy a ticket. I don't give a shit if poster A, B and C is going. I don't give a shit is poster X, Y and Z isn't going. I don't suppose many other people care either. It's tiresome reading multiple pages of that and it dilutes the valid points people are trying to make about the validity of this particular admission price.

i don't think anyone cares about individuals going but if we only have 3000-3500 fans in the ground tomorrow night it will have an effect on the atmosphere and possibly the performance.

this is is the first time i can remember feeling that the club are ripping fans off in terms of the price of a home match and it's something that i hope never happens again.

I was wondering if the club was likely to drop prices for the next round should we get through. Obviously, the club needs money to operate, I'd hope that we budget for at least one European tie, as opposed to any more than that.

In return, the club drops money for the next round against some big lads, fill it and make similar money.

four years ago the club thought £15 was a fair price for playing an icelandic team at this stage of the competition, at this point in july.

there is no reason for this fixture to be a tenner dearer and fans are right to consider or not whether they want to pay this amount for this game.

I do not disagree that £25 is more expensive than many fans would like or feel is value for money.

I suspect the reason is simple...

The club is living hand to mouth - week to week. Which is why we are selling players for a hundred 000 here and their.

Call it bad budgeting or whatever - I suspect they know that given the mumpers on here if we were languishing bottom half of table and out of europe our attendances would be even worse - if that is possible!

So they are doing everything they can to raise money to give us a decent product on the pitch. Given our success in recent years it has largely worked.

So that is why they are charging £25 and not £15 - they need the money. St J are charging £26/27 from what I read..

ME - I will accept that and go along and pay a lttle xtra - I know many cannot or will not - that is their bag...

Inflation?

I'm not convinced it will be just down to the cost of a ticket that will keep fans away. Holidays, family commitments, not very attractive opposition as much as cost of ticket will not help with crowd.Conservatively, if I decide to go to the game it will cost me about £300. So a tenner cheaper ticket won't be swaying me. On the plus side I can save £5.95 by collecting new top instead of getting it posted.

I'm not convinced it will be just down to the cost of a ticket that will keep fans away. Holidays, family commitments, not very attractive opposition as much as cost of ticket will not help with crowd.Conservatively, if I decide to go to the game it will cost me about £300. So a tenner cheaper ticket won't be swaying me. On the plus side I can save £5.95 by collecting new top instead of getting it posted.

Yep agreed, its the full thing - time of year, unknown opposition, slightly high prices. I'll be there drinks.gif