The Next Manager, Who Would You Want And Who Could We Get

stuwell

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/543330/Terry-Butcher-Motherwell-Return

Not much in this story other than it looking like it is based on odds rather than any sort of inside info. Worth posting anyway as Scott Burns is usually pretty good.

Well he is 100% correct in his story. No quotes and "*could* be set for a sensational return".

Of course he would also be correct if he said that I "could be set for a sensational return" too, because the Board hasn't revealed anything to the media about how I *could* be on the shortlist.

None of the current stories have any quotes, which doesn't surprise me, as our Board have always done a great job of keeping everyone in the dark. I'd be surprised if the appointment isn't a suprise - everything else is just speculation to fill the paper.

I would not be disappointed by the appointment of Kenny Shiels. His record at Kilmarnock was good. Kilmarnock have struggled since he left. I think the Morton job was probably a lost cause before he ever took it on.

The big thing for me though is that he his passionate about coaching players and has proved that he has some aptitude at it. If we want to get away from the short sighted approach that seems to plague the game then is his philosophy not the kind that many of us have been crying out for?

Slightly Gannonesque maybe but then I have very fond memories of the few months big Jim spent with us and I still believe that Gannon's appointment was almost a master stroke by the club. History tells us that in the end it did not work but the idea was absolutely correct.

Shiels may be a bit of a maverick but sometimes the gamble can pay dividends.

I've not noticed Tony Mowbray in the betting before today. 18/1. That's the kind of left field shout I'd be chuffed with.

Had thought of him when Venus was linked with the job. At Hibs, he had them playing attractive football and he didn't seem afraid of playing young players. Only concern would be the fact that we maybe need more right now is a "make your team hard to beat" manager...

I would not be disappointed by the appointment of Kenny Shiels. His record at Kilmarnock was good. Kilmarnock have struggled since he left. I think the Morton job was probably a lost cause before he ever took it on.

The big thing for me though is that he his passionate about coaching players and has proved that he has some aptitude at it. If we want to get away from the short sighted approach that seems to plague the game then is his philosophy not the kind that many of us have been crying out for?

Slightly Gannonesque maybe but then I have very fond memories of the few months big Jim spent with us and I still believe that Gannon's appointment was almost a master stroke by the club. History tells us that in the end it did not work but the idea was absolutely correct.

Shiels may be a bit of a maverick but sometimes the gamble can pay dividends.

I have a soft spot for Kenny Shiels. He's mental and a good laugh who made Scottish football a more entertaining place. Would I want him at my club though?

For those complaining about the youth system at Motherwell, I think you'd have to take a serious look at him and weight that up with the other factors.

Had thought of him when Venus was linked with the job. At Hibs, he had them playing attractive football and he didn't seem afraid of playing young players. Only concern would be the fact that we maybe need more right now is a "make your team hard to beat" manager...

He'd probably have Vietnam style flashbacks at certain SPFL grounds.

"Tony...are you alright? Tony? TONY!"

Confirmed at the press conf that although Kenny Black did not specifically apply for the job he will be considered.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't be too unhappy about KB getting the job, I like what I've seen from him so far.

Terry Butcher is a big no for me, at least with Kenny Sheils there's method to the madness. Would be pleased with Mowbray and would also take Jimmy Calderwood who did a great job at Aberdeen.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't be too unhappy about KB getting the job, I like what I've seen from him so far.

Terry Butcher is a big no for me, at least with Kenny Sheils there's method to the madness. Would be pleased with Mowbray and would also take Jimmy Calderwood who did a great job at Aberdeen.

Mowbray's name is still cropping up in connection with much bigger clubs than ours - Leeds, Birmingham etc. I don't think there's much chance of him ending up at Fir Park.