Flow And The Board

smiddy

"I read some of the feedback on Twitter and some of the messageboards - and usually myself and others are getting stick on there.

"But last night was a pleasant read. They could see that people at the club were working hard to identify areas that needed strengthened.

There is something quite sad about that.

It's been a great window, but make no mistake these guys could have been working just as hard under far tighter financial circumstances and landed absolutely no-one because we are otherwise rooked. Would the club then have got the usual barrage of abuse they've been getting so far?

Individually I don't know if anyone on here has done a complete u-turn, but it highlights how fickle fans as a whole must seem.

• Like 3

Interesting point CoF and one I thought about. Evident Les dipped into his pocket to fund a few more of these deals than we could have afforded based on our balance sheet. There is a degree of speculation to accumulate here.

If we did live within our means, out of the 7, who would we have managed to secure and would that have resulted in more heat being directed the way or our GM and Manager?

If our chronic injury list started to diminish along with 2 signings (Pearson being one) I think we would have done enough to stay up. St. Mirren hardly did anything impressive and lost out massively with McLean's departure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From what was said both on here and on Twitter, I think we missed out on Marvin Morgan, who went from Plymouth to Hartlepool on loan and Padraig Amond, a former Irish U21 striker who currently plays with Morecambe, think they never released him because they missed out on whoever their signing target was?

What a day to be a Well fan though, kudos to everyone involved in it all at the club, we usually dread losing players in the transfer window but its the first time in a while there has been as much excitement for Well fans! Long may it continue!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3401453/Meet-Grimsby-Town-striker-Padraig-Amond-not-lethal-striker-England-s-better-Lionel-Messi-Cristiano-Ronaldo-Neymar.html

Read a wee bit about this boy when I had heard we were interested in him back in Feb 15, shame we missed out then as I think he might move onto better things at the end of this season.

• 2 months later...

Surprised nobody has commented on 'Flow's promotion to Chief Operating Officer.

I was in the "dubious" camp when he was appointed as GM, but I think COO is an ideal role for him in the club.

Congrats all round.

• Like 1