Flow And The Board

smiddy

If what you say is true and flow was involved in the interview process for a new manager, then we really are doomed and whoever thought it appropriate for him to be involved should be sacked.

Yet another idiotic statement in the days after a poor result.

I'm looking forward to your reasoning for such an ignorant statement.

Cant win here...

Critise Flow and its "he just the GM and has no real responsibility".

Not going to criticise him personally, although severely question four things:

1) The fact he still seems to be doing his previous media role and wonder if that detracts from new duties

2) The lack of clarity over his role in comparison to Leannes position

3) The fact we replaced a resonably succesful business minded Chief Executive with a internally promoted General Manager from a pr/comms background

4) And finally...that he was offered the gig in the first place when its clear to Stevie Wonder our club needs a proven business minded person pulling the reigns.

But he (and the board) have fuck all to do with recent form. Thats on players/coaching staffs head.

What they are guilty of is a desperately shocking lack of forward planning that has left our club in all sorts behind the scenes. Flow wasnt part of that, but has done zero (if it is indeed his remit) to ammend this since assuming his new role.

Hope Les goes in with a whip in hand to get some efficiency drilled into our board and management staff.

Yet another idiotic statement in the days after a poor result.

I'm looking forward to your reasoning for such an ignorant statement.

My response has nothing whatsoever to do with the defeat, my reasoning is if you want to be seen as a serious business/football club you appoint people with a background in business or football to such lofty positions, not the guy who started his own MFC fans website then got appointed to the media officer at the club, flow was good at that job of that there is no doubt, but there comes a point that you can be promoted way above your capabilities,sadly I think flow reached that point when he was given the GM job. An easy option was taken to promote from within knowing he was not the type to question things or rock the boat.

I asked this in the other thread about John Porteous, but how do we know exactly what 'Flows job involves or how good he is at it? He has a log-in for this site, so maybe he should come on here and have a pop at us for being shite at our jobs because he's every bit as qualified to do that as we are to have a go at him.

• Like 2

^ that.

We've no idea (well at least I'll admit to not knowing) what Flows job is, what he is supposed to do on a regular basis or otherwise.

I reckon the criticism stems from two things 1) people know him from here, 2) he is the only face of the business that seems to appear or get name dropped in the media.

The directors of the company should lead by example. I haven't seen someone come out other than flow and give updates on things. That's a weakness from the directors not flow.

I've moaned about decline since pre season and raised concerns about internal promotions.However, none of this lies anywhere near Alan burrows. This club has been walking a tightrope for a couple of seasons now and to be honest, league placings have hood winked most!Stuart McCall chose a strategy of a small squad on higher wages, but paid no attention to youth development.Now, with no cash and young players with no exposure to first team game time, you can see where the problem lies!

I really do hope Les Hutchinson drives the club in the right direction, but will he direct with cash injections to bolster improvement. I'm of the opinion that this wasn't his intention, but lets see how this develops!On a final note, Ian Baraclough. Was he the right man for the job? He needs time and he also needs money. Unfortunately he doesn't have either at this point. Certain players at our club are above us in their their eyes and ain't pulling their weight. Get players that will scrap there way out this mess and get them told in no doubt. I.B. needs to be strong in the coming weeks or we'll find ourselves relegated with further problems ahead. COYW.

• Like 1

My response has nothing whatsoever to do with the defeat, my reasoning is if you want to be seen as a serious business/football club you appoint people with a background in business or football to such lofty positions, not the guy who started his own MFC fans website then got appointed to the media officer at the club, flow was good at that job of that there is no doubt, but there comes a point that you can be promoted way above your capabilities,sadly I think flow reached that point when he was given the GM job. An easy option was taken to promote from within knowing he was not the type to question things or rock the boat.

Crass & reeks of the green eyed monster. He accepted the challenge of moving up knowing & having friends remind him it may be his last job at the club. To be fair I think the lad is juggling soot at times.

Let's not be kidded, he's well thought of internally & rated externally. I've a hunch our benefactor realised similar in their many dealings long before the link made public domain. We are about to see our club evolve, in what guise or how succesful is debate for the future, but, would urge the process be embraced. Make no mistake - he'll be at the forefront.

• Like 4

Crass & reeks of the green eyed monster. He accepted the challenge of moving up knowing & having friends remind him it may be his last job at the club. To be fair I think the lad is juggling soot at times.

Let's not be kidded, he's well thought of internally & rated externally. I've a hunch our benefactor realised similar in their many dealings long before the link made public domain. We are about to see our club evolve, in what guise or how succesful is dabate for the future, but, would urge the process be embraced. Make no mistake - he'll be at the forefront.

+1

OK, do you think Leeann was good at her job and would you be happy if she was still at the helm?

If so, tell us what you know of her business background before she was appointed.

McMahon and Weir determined he was good enough, I have a lot more trust in their business acumen than some keyboard warrior with as OTF points out, a degree of jealousy with half arsed reasoning.

So tell us, what capabilities is Flow lacking? What errors of judgement has he made? (make sure your accusations fall within his remit).

You're confusing a poor run on the park with inefficient administration of the club.

Think some of this heat is a tad unfair, I think the behind the scenes people were responsible for not selling our assets for top dollar. For that they are certainly culpable.

However the £1m operating loss over 3 years thing could have been wiped out if Stuart and the team managed to beat Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir would have been a game at Ibrox, 9 months later beating Stjarnan would have resulted in Lech Poznan and potentially Inter Milan. 3 games against much lower opposition (on paper) and therefore definitely winable.

However lets not ignore we all dined out on the success that this perceived short termism funded.

I don't think its right to call the budgeting idiotic to plan for top 6 and a decent cup run when you are among the top 5 performing teams in the country.

Losing key games and failure to sell have been our downfall.

• Like 1

I asked this in the other thread about John Porteous, but how do we know exactly what 'Flows job involves or how good he is at it? He has a log-in for this site, so maybe he should come on here and have a pop at us for being shite at our jobs because he's every bit as qualified to do that as we are to have a go at him.

The attitude towards Flow on here is a fucking mile out.

Dempster was a charlatan and left the Club an absolute shambles, with the idiotic budgetting, poor forward planning and loss making seasons despite unrivalled on the park success just some of her achievements. Not impressing anyone down Leith way by all accounts.

100% absolutely agree.

I 3rd that

The Rangers situation and terrible cup defeats are responsible for our losses.

In the main thats about right. What happened to the extra revenue fans were promising if we voted against Rangers' fast tracking and for sporting integrity? Cup results have been a disaster.

Alan burrows is simply carrying out more responsibility than is appropriate in his current role as a result of a lack of leadership and planning in boyle/Dempster leaving

The guy is currently our figurehead and the flack he is getting is rediculous, give him the support of a chief exec (hutchisons daughter) and he will get the time required to "generally manage" the club the way I'm sure he wants to

Yes there are little things he can do to highlight his position as I earlier posted in regards to handing certain media issues over to his media team.

But he is in my eyes working hard to keep the club ticking over during a diffficult transition period where the team are lacking on confidence and performance which is not surprising given the earlier points of lack of leadership and transition

Time to knock the head on this thread and get behind everyone involved in Motherwell football club and offer our support and help in anyway we can!

In the main thats about right. What happened to the extra revenue fans were promising if we voted against Rangers' fast tracking

Can't really remember that being said.

I can remember the medja claiming that was said, and I can remember loads of people saying would not be back if they were and you'd be looking at less people in Fir Park - even with the squillions they bring twice a year.

:wallbash: well as the topic says .... we have a shite team .. we have now changed the manager ,and the way its looking we will be going down ,so how does the board / flow change things now ??? :wallbash:

Based on the original post I don't see where it blames Flow (or indeed anybody) for anything and suddenly this thread has turned into a mad rush to defend Flow and retrospectively blame a number of different factors for our position. Why do we insist on constantly dwelling on the bad things rather than focus on what we do to improve them (which is kind of what the post asks)? (note: this is a rhetorical question).

While Flow is not on the board he clearly has an important role in the club which has recently included being part of the recruitment team for our new manager. In addition to this he was sent to sunny climes to talk to Les Hutchison and, while not privvy to these discussions, I think it's reasonable to assume they covered more than just admin topics. The board and Flow have an improtant role to play in where our club goes from here and it would be great to know what the vision is but I fear we may have to wait until the Summer to discover more. I think the next few months will be painful to endure but I am behind the management team (off and on the park).

Can't really remember that being said.

I can remember the medja claiming that was said, and I can remember loads of people saying would not be back if they were and you'd be looking at less people in Fir Park - even with the squillions they bring twice a year.

Just check back on a few of the threads on here.

There were many posts ranging from "I'll come and watch every week even if it's the U16 team we have to field" to "I'll happily contribute extra if it means justice is done". Wasn't there even a donations link on the Official MFC page due to demand?

Think some of this heat is a tad unfair, I think the behind the scenes people were responsible for not selling our assets for top dollar. For that they are certainly culpable.

However the £1m operating loss over 3 years thing could have been wiped out if Stuart and the team managed to beat Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir would have been a game at Ibrox, 9 months later beating Stjarnan would have resulted in Lech Poznan and potentially Inter Milan. 3 games against much lower opposition (on paper) and therefore definitely winable.

However lets not ignore we all dined out on the success that this perceived short termism funded.

I don't think its right to call the budgeting idiotic to plan for top 6 and a decent cup run when you are among the top 5 performing teams in the country.

Losing key games and failure to sell have been our downfall.

The draws wouldn't have been the same in any cup had we not been defeated .

Let's not be kidded, he's well thought of internally & rated externally. I've a hunch our benefactor realised similar in their many dealings long before the link made public domain. We are about to see our club evolve, in what guise or how succesful is debate for the future, but, would urge the process be embraced. Make no mistake - he'll be at the forefront.

It is my opinion to which I am entitled.

OK, do you think Leeann was good at her job and would you be happy if she was still at the helm?

If so, tell us what you know of her business background before she was appointed.

McMahon and Weir determined he was good enough, I have a lot more trust in their business acumen than some keyboard warrior with as OTF points out, a degree of jealousy with half arsed reasoning.

So tell us, what capabilities is Flow lacking? What errors of judgement has he made? (make sure your accusations fall within his remit).

You're confusing a poor run on the park with inefficient administration of the club.

Your replies get funnier every time I read them....can I take a guess and suggest you sit in the middle section of the east stand ?