Ross County V Motherwell14/02/15

Yabba's Turd

The fans that accept no wins in 7, 6 goals in 9 games and getting beaten by the team who are bottom of the league are a big part of the problem at this club.

We have no standards which is why we went into europe completely unfit and got beat off a part time team, have -31 goal difference and have been forced to watch a load of imposters on the park.

You cite part timers, there was only a difference of an hour or two per week over us as well as holding down a 9-5 job. They also went on to Poland and earned a game against Inter Milan.

Fan's don't like the run of results or are willing to acquiesce to them, to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. However the difference between the majority of us, we aren't reaching for the knives without knowing the consequences or alternatives available.

It appears you have the management style of a banana republic dictator and I'm glad you've got no influence on how the club goes forward.

• Like 1

What do you mean by "accept"? From what I've seen and from what I've heard talking to fellow fans no one is "accepting" anything.

We just aren't being irrational and looking for all and sundry to be sacked and replaced is all. It would be a completely different situation if the manager had been in charge for the duration of the season, but he hasn't. He's only just managed to get some of his own players in (and his own assistant probably hasn't even got his initials sown onto his jacket yet), so lets see how that goes, eh?

The fans didn't accept the shite that Malpas served up and he had to go (despite delivering a far better season than this farce)

There are people on this board queuing up to tell us Stuart McCall is our best modern manager despite him wrecking the team, people that go on about their mate "Barra" and "Bars" being the man to turn us around despite their being no evidence to back this up and results suggesting we are getting worse, people who are so deluded they were betting us to get top six in December and plenty of people who make excuses for imposters like Ainsworth, Vigurs, Lawson, Law, Ramsden, Reid and Twardzik.

Barraclough has no C.V to suggest he is a capable manager, has overseen a terrible run of results and gives the impression of a man selling dodgy insurance in his interviews. I don't want to entrust our 30 year stay in the top flight to some chancer.

M v.d Gaag was the right man at the wrong time according to the Club. He was probably first choice, but due to his insisting on changing the Club, we went for the safe and cheap option. It looks as though we'll regret such a poor decision.

And we ended up paying off Black, bringing in an assistant and a chief scout and signing 7 players anyway.

1423932516[/url]' post='432384']

My excuse? There is no excuse. There's a reason though, and that reason is that we're shite.

There are three pretty dire sides in this league at the moment, and we're one of them.

Okay, so we lose this game, get to Monday and sack Baraclough (along with his assistant who will have been here for all of what? 48 hours or something?). What then?

Who do we put in charge in the interim? What do we do with the players that Baraclough has identified as guys that he wanted and just brought in? Do we give the new assistant the job during the time it takes to restart the search for a new guy? Or do we simply go to MVDG and say "aye Mitch, ye were second choice, but fuck it, ye want the job now big man?"

If he says yes he comes into a squad of players that hardly know each other, and a load of new players that were identified by the previous manager and who may not even factor into how he wants to play. A bit like the guys that Baraclough inherited from McCall.

Going down that road would pretty much increase our chances of relegation in my opinion.

The alternative? Give the new guy some time. I don't mean 9 or 10 games after he inherited a load of shite that was already looking doomed, I mean a proper amount of time to do his job.

He's been given the backing to bring in some new players, some of which actually look exciting and of a decent calibre.

Here's a novel idea. Support the team and the manager and let's see what he's capable of. I swear to God, we must have some of the shittest fans in the fucking league. We were moaning like fuck when we were sitting 3rd in the table, moaning like fuck when we were qualifying for Europe regularly, moaning like fuck when we had no money, moaning like fuck about the Well Society and fan ownership, and now we're moaning like fuck despite the new owner putting his hand in his pocket and drafting in some exciting young players to try and help us out of a bind, all because they aren't getting the job done in the first game they've played together.

This ^^^^^^^^

The fans didn't accept the shite that Malpas served up and he had to go (despite delivering a far better season than this farce)

There are people on this board queuing up to tell us Stuart McCall is our best modern manager despite him wrecking the team, people that go on about their mate "Barra" and "Bars" being the man to turn us around despite their being no evidence to back this up and results suggesting we are getting worse, people who are so deluded they were betting us to get top six in December and plenty of people who make excuses for imposters like Ainsworth, Vigurs, Lawson, Law, Ramsden, Reid and Twardzik.

Barraclough has no C.V to suggest he is a capable manager, has overseen a terrible run of results and gives the impression of a man selling dodgy insurance in his interviews. I don't want to entrust our 30 year stay in the top flight to some chancer.

You must be thrilled that all your early McCall bashing that you had to put on the back burner can now be dragged out with a "told you so" waggy finger making you look like some insightful oracle.

He didn't wreck the team. We won ugly last season pretty much all against bottom 6 teams, he didn't address our deficiencies over the summer (speed primarily), was culpable for the team being unfit and unable to compete, didn't read the riot act to the likes of Ainsworth and finally was unable to address the malaise.

Regarding the Van der Gaag "he was the right man at the wrong time" comment. Load of shite . I assume this came from listening to the podcast and Burrows never said anything of the sort. He said Baraclough and VDG were neck and neck and they went for Barra due to his previous success at Sligo, scouting and player contacts and knowledge of the English league.

Shite result again and not sure if Bara is the man to do it but let's not start twisting words and assuming (again) because something is different to the current it is better...

Don't fucking give me support the Club and the team. We have fans just like any every Club, we have vocal supporters, we have vocal detractors, we also have happy clappers that watch a competitive sport who have no ambition and accept mediocrity because it is what they are used to.

I actually believe the opposite to be true. We have fans who have watched us perform very well in recent years (although most of them still moaned like fuck) and who now cannot accept the fact that we're not really very good at the moment.

We are mediocre just now, but again, I don't know a single person who accepts it. Not one. No one I know likes it. At all.

A usual bullshit response from yourself given your place on pedestal as the holier than thou superfan who goes to games now and again, buys a fleece from the Club shop and strives to be on a committee.

Trust me mate, I'm no superfan. I neither own a fleece (be it Motherwell-related or otherwise) nor am I on any committee.

I'm simply a fan of the club who thinks that a new manager (especially given the circumstances he's arrived into) should be given some time to do his job. We've just seen a new owner come in and he's went above & beyond what I thought he would in the transfer window.

The new boys are just in the door. I think they deserve a bit of time to get it together. Certainly more than the 45 minutes or so it took for you to start losing the rag.

For those that go to games home and away, we can see first hand what is happening. We will be relegated with Ian Baraclough in charge because he hasn't changed it, we are poorer and he is picking formations in every match that don't work. But hey, Motherwell fans don't know what we're talking about and these folk definitely do, so he must know what he's doing. We have lost 3 goals yet again, we have created very little and we have failed to win for the 7th match under Baraclough. It can't continue no matter how much you want to bury your head in the sand and play the superfan.

Again, not superfan, more like "reasonable fan".

Okay, what do you think we should do then? Bump Baraclough and his new assistant who's been here for a matter of hours? Rip up the plan we had, take a hit on the fact that we've brought in a load of players that he wanted and just start again with someone new?

M v.d Gaag was the right man at the wrong time according to the Club. He was probably first choice, but due to his insisting on changing the Club, we went for the safe and cheap option. It looks as though we'll regret such a poor decision.

Aye, "probably" first choice. That's neither here nor there.

We've got a new manager in place, he's just been given the backing to get some of his own players in. let's see how he does, shall we? At least give them more than 90 minutes maybe?

• Like 1

Exactly. Which maybe suggests that the idea of him being knocked back because he wanted to change too much is nothing but nonsense.

I would suggest that we went for the cheap option then after Hutchinson watched the team against St Johnstone he has decided he had no choice but to spend some cash.

As someone who's stood up for Baraclough and was also in Dingwall today I have to say, I have nothing to defend him with. Woeful today, another three goals shipped and the only chances we created were from Grant's set pieces.

Why bring in two wingers, have Ainsworth, Thomas and Johnson on the bench but play Lee Erwin out wide for 90 mins? Why persist with a 33 year old journeymen right back in central midfield for 90 mins? Why have Sutton up front on his own, when does that ever work? Why when we were lacking in creativity did Thomas not get a sniff after setting up our goal last time out?

Plus points...

Long looks a good keeper, commanding and made a few cracking saves to keep us in it. Don't think he had much chance with any of the goals. Grant looks a real coup, great left foot. Really came onto a game 2nd half, great free kick and you can't argue with a goal and assist on his first game of senior football. Also thought Kerr had another solid game as did Straker. Johnson looked lively in his cameo.

Most frustrating thing is I don't think a result was beyond us today if we'd played the right team as County are as shite as we are. However in my opinion the manager made an arse of that today.

Wrong team, wrong tactics and a deserved defeat in the end.

• Like 1

I would suggest that we went for the cheap option then after Hutchinson watched the team against St Johnstone he has decided he had no choice but to spend some cash.

Absolute conjecture though, isn't it? You don't know anything of the sort.

What it suggests is that the whole notion of Baraclough being the easy, cheaper option is possibly wide of the mark, especially given the fact that we've seen considerable investment in the team since he's arrived.

He didn't wreck the team. We won ugly last season pretty much all against bottom 6 teams, he didn't address our deficiencies over the summer (speed primarily), was culpable for the team being unfit and unable to compete, didn't read the riot act to the likes of Ainsworth and finally was unable to address the malaise.

His signings in summer 2013 were criminal and since then his managerial ability was exposed.

• Like 1

Wrong team, wrong tactics and a deserved defeat in the end.

While there is merit to a number of your points, reading that made me cast my mind back to the day after the Cup Final in 2011. I couldn't understand why McCall set us up the way he did. It made absolutely no sense to me and just added to the gloom of the day.

Then he posted his managers email where he explained his tactics and reasons behind his decision making. I read it and I thought "well that makes some sense, yeah, OK, perhaps, OK, you got a point there". There may be more to today than we know. It's evident he is still picking elements of the team using alternatives rather than his options.

We've got a good run of home games coming up, I'd like to see the outcome with the addition of his number two, but I'd agree, you'd like to see more of an influence in our play by now.