Baraclough Out

Bop

Think the uproar from the Utd fans is because £500k in total is quoted in the Annual Accounts as having been handed over to some anonymous party (or parties) over and above the monies now paid as standard to Agents and the like. Initially United (Thomson) refused to clarify matters but McNamara confirmed that he did receive some payment, but nothing like £500k. So the big question remaining is..... Who got the rest? My money is on Thomson himself.

What stinks and must bring into question a conflict of interest is the timing of the sale of the two players to Celtic. Normally a Manager would go bananas if told his two star players were to be sold prior to a cup semi and a final against the very team buying the players. Not a cheep from McNamara and in fact a timely story appeared in the press stating that the two players had forced the early sale. An allegation which was strenuously denied by both players but which did seem to make sense given the strange timing of the transfers. Wonder if the Director/Manager discussion went along the lines of " If we tell the media we had no choice but to sell because of the players' attitude we can both make a tidy profit and still appear hard done to". All conjecture I know, but if there is nothing to hide, why not just reveal who received the £500k? I have no great love for United or their fans, but in my opinion the way they are being treated is shameful and shows a total disrespect for people who only have the best interest of their club at heart.

McNamara deal on selling players is probably the normal down south. Just need to look at Redknapp down south for shady deals at the expense of the team. Seems for him it was normal to sell players, move club, sign same players to only sell them again, and continue the loop.Of course such a deal being publicised cant help team morale or convince fans that he's looking after utd's interest.

I don't think it's dodgy if it is properly managed. Bring in a manager at a lower salary, have him develop youngsters and sell them on giving him a cut.

It won't be McNamara that decides to sell anyone - it will 100% be the Board (or even just Thompson).

Whether you intend it to read as much I don't know, but you almost appear to be implying that everything that happened on the shocker of a run was down to Baraclough but almost everything in the recent turnaround has been in spite of the manager.

Evidently you're not a fan of his.

It does look like that but not intended. On the poor run the tactics and subs were almost identical to us under McCall. Baraclough looked lost and utterly inept. The turnaround Is down mainly to the Assistant,Pearo & Skippy. I dont believe he had no input on them coming in so Bara does deserve credit there,also he has identified a style of play that looks to be helping us. However,to say he is the man is entirely premature,the minimum we need from him is 10th i the spl

sometimes you can only play as good as the opposition allow. Perhaps Thistle deserve credit for stopping us play. There aint much between many of the sides in the league, and the first goal was always going to be crucial. Big Sutton sticks the ball away in the first minute and we go on to steamrole them. He misses, and our chance is gone. They come out at home in second half get the breakthrough with our again lapsed defending, and go from strength to strength. Thats football for you. A win would have been great, but we aint out of it yet by a long way.

Just need to dust ourselves down, and get on with winning as many games post split as we can, and hope for the best. At least we aint bottom.

sometimes you can only play as good as the opposition allow. Perhaps Thistle deserve credit for stopping us play. There aint much between many of the sides in the league, and the first goal was always going to be crucial. Big Sutton sticks the ball away in the first minute and we go on to steamrole them. He misses, and our chance is gone. They come out at home in second half get the breakthrough with our again lapsed defending, and go from strength to strength. Thats football for you. A win would have been great, but we aint out of it yet by a long way.

Just need to dust ourselves down, and get on with winning as many games post split as we can, and hope for the best. At least we aint bottom.

you make a fair point but I still contend Sutton should be used as an impact sub. Maybe Erwin would have scored?

All we had to offer to was long punts up the park that Thistle were ready for and knew how to deal with. Even after half time we kept to the same tactics. I said after the last two games I was that those tactics wouldn't do for a season or against a good team, turns out they don't even work against the 4th bottom team. Thistle knew our full backs could be ignored and to sit their midfielders deep to compete when we pumped it up the park. That's all we've got and we only looked good because St Mirren and Accies both chucked it when they went behind.

Centring the ball three times and fucking up the same set play three times summed us up.

in hindsight yes Erwin plays up top, and no arguments from me. The gamble failed with an experienced player, who's been scoring for fun in recent games, and bound to be confident. That's the way the cookie crumbles sadly. Who else has Johnsons pace who is on form to replace him? Erwin was probably the only real option, and he did well their against killie. Only question would then be who replaces Erwin, perhaps Moore with his pace would have been better, but then he's similar to McDondald. Which leaves the experienced Sutton who is on form. Of course his inclusion then encourages our defence and midfield to punt high balls to him, which is no suprise given the state of the pitch apparently. As has been agreed this approach seldom works for us. Maybe Thistle were clever and did not water the pitch to much to encourage a more direct game, who knows, other than we got beat.

It was madness to break up McDonald and Erwin and losing today HAS all but relegated us.

That said, we find ourselves in this mess not because of today but everything that happened up until the recent Inverness game.

Today was the last chance saloon though.

he's tricky, but has not got the pace of Johnson or Erwin. Did the pitch suit his style of play, when he did come on? Has he even started a game for us yet? It would have been a gamble much like Sutton's inclusion.

True but it would have maintained the shape and structure of the team that has worked well in the last couple of games.