2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Baraclough bid for this guy back in August, but it was knocked back. Recently signed for Cork City on a free. Chance missed or bullet dodged?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/cork-city-have-swooped-to-sign-greg-bolger-from-st-pats-but-some-big-names-are-leaving-leeside-34197214.html

Hard to say considering we don't really see much of him, although I think if he was decent enough I think he would have got a move away from Ireland.

A player I would take back in a heartbeat...Lee Erwin, here's what Steve 'Pie Muncher' Evans had to say last week

'Evans told the BBC: “Lee needs to get fitter. He can either get fitter or go to Scotland but the nice thing is he’s working hard at Thorp Arch.

“When we get him where we want - which is only where he was at Motherwell. Someone here let him go out of control – he’ll have a future at Leeds United, I’m sure.”'

Get him back up here for half a season, imagine him with Moulty and a McDonald, what a forward line!!

The niggling concern with Erwin was whether he'd manage to keep his feet on the ground and going by Evans comments, he has failed to so.

Hopefully he gets himself sorted out. More than good enough to have an impact in English championship.

As it happens, McGhee would have been excellent for his development,

A player I would take back in a heartbeat...Lee Erwin, here's what Steve 'Pie Muncher' Evans had to say last week

'Evans told the BBC: Lee needs to get fitter. He can either get fitter or go to Scotland but the nice thing is hes working hard at Thorp Arch.

What, by goin on the rollercoasters and that?

McGhee confirmed in a post match interview the Ripley is staying until the end of the season. Great performance the night from the big man, certainly came on a ton in tge past month or so.

Bump, to top of page so it doesnt get missed!

Hoping that something can be done to get Grimshaw til the end of the season. Really becoming crucial to the way we play...

He has been superb over the last 5-6 weeks. He is out of contract at United in June. I would expect United wouldn't be hard to deal with for the extension. He may even consider a permanent move come the summer...

• Like 2

http://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/sport/local-sport/well-deal-in-ripley-and-grimmy-1-398545056Sunday 27 December 2015

Motherwell manager Mark McGhee is delighted that he looks set to retain loan stars Connor Ripley and Liam Grimshaw until the end of the season.

Goalkeeper Ripley (22) and midfielder Grimshaw (20) were due to return to their respective parent clubs Middlesbrough and Manchester United next month, but both are in discussions to remain at Fir Park until next summer.

Connor and Grimmy have been excellent and I expect them both to stay until the end of the season, McGhee said.

I think the deals will get done by next week. Ill be delighted to get them signed, because I dont want to be scrambling around looking for players.

Connor has the makings of a really good keeper. He has all the attributes hes a big lad, with a real presence and great confidence.

He does some really hard work and when he goes back down to his parent club he could be in contention for a starting place there.

Grimshaw has also been terrific. Hes come from Manchester United but hes one of us. He has total heart for Motherwell and works as hard as any player here.

He is a great lad whos getting better and better with each game.