2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Reid, Moore and Ferguson come back to us on the 4th as well. Will be interesting to see if Mcghee gives them a chance or just extends their loans again

I suspect that he'll put some out on loan again. There's also another option ie a player(s) moving out permanently. I think he mentioned that Dom Thomas might benefit from a loan spell elsewhere.

Despite any personal issues I always felt that Craig Reid was a decent enough backup player. Anyone think there's a future at Fir Park for him under McGhee?

Whenever he played he always put in a decent shift and I can't remember him doing anything disastrously wrong but Law is definitely first pick at the minute and with two young players with sell on potential in Kennedy and Watt both able to play RB I think he'll be back out on loan in Jan before being released at the end of the season.

I think there will be room to bring on at least one signing, with the likes of Theo Robinson and Wes Fletcher out the picture they may get allowed to leave, I would assume Dan will be away, Jake Taylor is away so I think there maybe scope for one good signing

I expect at least two and possibly three signed players to move on permanently. However, we do need to retain striking cover. I would imagine the likes of Dylan Mackin, Dom Thomas and other young lads will go out on loan deals. If all that goes through then there may be leeway to trim the budget and/or bring in one or two new faces.

There is a big difference in being allowed to leave and having some club make an offer.Having said I can see the club willing to let Robinson go Fletcher not so much. Remember players are in contract and it takes financial offers to persuade them to leave early.In that case it restricts our ability to bring players in. A lot will depend on the Grimshaw outcome. Even if he stays I could see a back up for midfield. Not convinced McGee rates him or Cadden.

Sorry substitute Leitch for him. Fingers way ahead of brain again and they are not too fast.

The clubs priority is to sort out the budget whilst maintaining a squad that can progress to a decent league & cup finish.

To that end, the only position we need to look at is left back

Probably true Iain although it may also hinge on whether any of our better players leave.

How has Moore being doing at Ayr?

If he could return to the player pre-injury, then there is something there for McGhee to work on.

An Ayr supporting pal of mine was saying he's been doing well and he'd have thought they'd be keen to extend. I think McCall said as much a while back, I could be wrong though.

5 in 10 last I checked but picked up another injury and was out for a few weeks. Returned to the team the past couple of games.

Hearing that Ainsworth is off to Scunthorpe. Reason why he wasn't in the XI today. Disappointing as he has a lot to offer.

I was wondering where he was today, I assumed an injury. I've had a feeling he's not favoured by McGhee. A real shame if so. I was hoping he'd be the man to help Ainsworth capture the form and consistency we saw under McCall.