2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

Ref Ainsworth as an example:

Ill give you a "for instance" why we are good at bringing players on.

I have plenty Aldershot guys in my work who if they could even remember him playing for them dismissed him as useless.

Cue shock when he tore Sevco one.

They then went on to watch clips of him at the Well and couldn't belive he was the same player.

(mind you sometimes I feel the same). But not recently :fuck:

I'm pretty sure we outbid Championship and League 1 clubs for Marvin. Yeovil were one I remember hearing about .

Yeah, that's what I thought. We took the gamble and beat them to it. Otherwise Marvin could well have been serving his apprenticeship in Division 1 or even the Championship instead of being the subject of debate on this forum.

In some ways I agree that Jamie was a more rounded player...he certainly covered back more effectively although that is an area where Marvin has improved. Both were /are frustratingly inconsistent at times. In my opinion, the advantage that Marvin has over Jamie is his strength which means he does not get pushed aside as easily as Murphy did in his spell with us. It is in that area that I think Murphy improved (and needed to) in his time at Sheffield. As a comparison, if both players were to reach their maximum potential I believe Marvin would just shade it. Hence he would cut it at Championship level. It's all about opinion though and I understand that many may disagree.

Whatever, if managed correctly, Marvin could well turn out to be the financial boost the Club has been seeking for some time.

LOL it certainly is !!!

The combined Medway towns of gillingham, Chatham and Rochester make Motherwell and wishaw seem like bearsden and milngavie

To be fair, there is a nice little Thai (Thai Four Two) on Rochester High Street.

The places to eat around the Gillingham Business Park are nothing short of awful!

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1338026-out-of-contract/

A list of players who are out of contract from the Premiership in the summer. I wonder who is realistically within our reach. I think we'll sign a midfielder so Bannigan or Osman from Thistle are two players I'd be interested in.

There are a few decent right backs on the list, which no doubt will have half our posters salivating at that prospect, but for me if we sign Hall, Hammell and McManus on new deals, there won't be any room for defensive arrivals.

Other than that I can see us being interested in goalkeepers and forwards, none on that list appear to jump out, unless anyone would take Scott Brown from Aberdeen. Although it wouldn't inspire me, I wouldn't be that surprised to have Samson as number one next season.

Edit- just noticed the boy Schalk from Ross County, I'd probably take him.

A list of players who are out of contract from the Premiership in the summer. I wonder who is realistically within our reach. I think we'll sign a midfielder so Bannigan or Osman from Thistle are two players I'd be interested in.

There are a few decent right backs on the list, which no doubt will have half our posters salivating at that prospect, but for me if we sign Hall, Hammell and McManus on new deals, there won't be any room for defensive arrivals.

A few interesting names but maybe not that many. In terms of our own squad I think its time for Stevie Hammell to move on. He's now 34, losing a bit of pace and costing us a few goals this season. A good servant to the club but everyone has their time.

Other than that I can see us being interested in goalkeepers and forwards, none on that list appear to jump out, unless anyone would take Scott Brown from Aberdeen. Although it wouldn't inspire me, I wouldn't be that surprised to have Samson as number one next season.

Edit- just noticed the boy Schalk from Ross County, I'd probably take him.

Bannigan & Osman are probably the stand outs on that list, that we could afford anyway. However, I'd imagine a fair scramble from a fair few clubs to get them. Weren't Aberdeen in for Bannigan at one point? Taking the C&A tinted specs off, is moving from Partick Thistle to Motherwell much of a step up?

I've always thought Ziggy Gordon was a decent player, seems to be very consistent. Would we attempt to take a player directly from Accies? Wouldn't say no.

Also, seems daft after Ainsworth's goal on Saturday, but Owain Fon Williams is a good 'keeper. I'm sure Gannon was linked with him from Stockport in his early days at Fir Park.

I know he's been linked with a ton of teams (St Johnstone, Thistle amongst others) but given how light we are in midfield and our somewhat over reliance on Pearson then I wonder if we've looked at Blair Alston at Falkirk who's out of contract and 24. You'd have thought depending on where we finish that we'd be as good an option as either Saints or Thistle.

Suppose it depends on whether Falkirk get promoted or not.

Ryan Dow at Dundee Utd show promise, although imagine he will be off to bigger and better things as well. Likewise with Schalk at Ross County.

In all likelihood none of these guys will be with us next year though, suspect lower league England and Scotland to be our market.

Also, seems daft after Ainsworth's goal on Saturday, but Owain Fon Williams is a good 'keeper. I'm sure Gannon was linked with him from Stockport in his early days at Fir Park.

I thought he was more at fault for our second goal. Standing a yard outside the box is about the worst thing a goalie can do (other than Lee Hollis standing two yards behind his line)

You reckon? I think he's a bombscare of a keeper, I wouldn't say he's any better than we've got at all.

Agreed on Gordon though, stick him back at full-back and he'd be great for us.

I think Ryan Dow, John Rankin, Ziggy Gordon, Michael McGovern, Abdul Osman, Alex Schalk and Mbuyi-Mutombo would all be good signings for one reason or another. Charlie Mulgrew could do a job as well.

Not saying we would get any of them but they would be my picks.

I think Ryan Dow, John Rankin, Ziggy Gordon, Michael McGovern, Abdul Osman, Alex Schalk and Mbuyi-Mutombo would all be good signings for one reason or another. Charlie Mulgrew could do a job as well.

Not saying we would get any of them but they would be my picks.

He would be the best player at our club!

McGovern would be fantastic, however he is moving onto bigger than us.

I don't expect a huge turnover this summer. I expect the likes of Moore, Clarkson and Fletcher to move on, with possibly one coming in to replace them. Samson will be re-signed and given the number 1 slot, with a youth being back up. Expect Hammell, McManus and Lasley all to sign on for another season (possibly 2 for McManus), with the rest staying put unless a decent offer comes in for them.

With the noises around budgets for next season, I would expect a reduction in our 1st team squad, with the numbers being made up with youth.

• Like 1

You reckon? I think he's a bombscare of a keeper, I wouldn't say he's any better than we've got at all.

He was superb in Football Manager 2009.

What else do you need to base it on? Get him signed!

He was superb in Football Manager 2009.

What else do you need to base it on? Get him signed!

Well I can't argue with that!

Good to see we're now firmly in the 'COULD DO A JOB' phase of the season, where every player, regardless of whether they're good, bad, indifferent, young, old, retiring, could all do a job for us.

Friend of mine knows Ziggy Gordon, he is definitely leaving Hamilton but not staying in Scotland, Nottingham Forest supposedly interested in him as well clubs over in Poland whom he wants to represent at international level due to his mother being Polish. To be fair wouldnt want anyone from an utterly dreadful accies side this season!

• Like 1