2015/16 Ins & Outs

Well Up For It!

We supposedly have 50 - 60 targets on the radar as part of our new scouting system. Hopefully, that covers this market, but it will be interesting to see what where our signings com from (and more interesting to see if any of them involve transfer fees).

I think we need to budget for paying transfer fees every season. It doesn't have to be huge amounts of money maybe £50,000 - £100,000 per season.

That would enable us to bring in a player with potential every season like we have with Johnson. There is just too much competition for end of contracts as we've seen with Durnan with lots of clubs circling around players who have been identified as being able to step up a level.

Of course it's easier said than done to put aside the money but at the end of the day we are primarily a football club and we need to focus on being success on the field and selling players on.

That article says Johnson has one year left whereas I thought he had two. They also seem to think Rangers are about to pay transfer fees.

I'm sure he signed an 18 month contract initially with the club having the option of triggering a further year. If clubs are in for Marvin we should be in a reasonably strong negotiating position.

After Erwin's involvement in the post match shenanigans I think the timing of this move will work out for him. Not sure it is the best move, but hopefully he doesn't disappear.

As for Marvin, if any club wants to come in and settle the loan from les a few years early then they are very welcome.

According to various newspapers King talking about making £12 million available for transfers Meltdown 2 on the offing lol

What happened to the £30m he was going on about pre takeover. This could get even more funnier!

I have to admit I enjoy these threads every transfer window. The whole stories like I know a taxi driver who had him in a taxi/my wife works with his dog walkers mum/I heard from a guy at fir park who makes the coffee for the guy that makes the tea and such like. There's no football on so it keeps me entertained. There's no harm IMO in us speculating on players coming and going.

If he goes, he goes. Don't sell him cheap to an SPL rival though. A championship side in England will hopefully come up with an acceptable offer. Half a million would probably do.

Sorry to see him go, but that is the way things are going in football at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

Superward, that's not right. Both Marvin & Nathan Thomas had 1 year options, making Marvins contract a 2 1/2 year deal and potentially Thomas' a 18 month deal.

Source for the Marvin info? Pretty sure Flow confirmed at the time on Twitter it was 18 month as it was never mentioned in the original article on the site.

Dissapointed to lose big Erwin as i think he's a talent and i think he's come on a tonne under Baraclough, however £500k is not to be sniffed at, on the bonus side for us, he does have Barry Hughes as his agent, therefore we would have been shafted at some point anyway!! Cue him movin to a few clubs over the next 5 years or so lining the pockets of Mr Hughes!!

Also with what looks like Jamie Murphy moving to either Bristol or Brighton that'll be another £150k coming to us, we might have a bit of dosh to play with during the close season!!

That's an interesting point. Does the development fee include VAT or would someone like Leeds have to pay VAT over and above the formula so we don't get penalised?

I'm sure I heard it mentioned a few years ago at a club AGM. A seemingly huge transfer fee didn't seem quite so big once VAT and a player's cut were deducted. These are the kind of issues fans don't always appreciate when they question where all a club's income has gone. That said I hope we get at least £300,000 for Erwin. Its annoying to think that if he played with a club like Walsall or Tranmere he'd be worth double that.

I'm sure I heard it mentioned a few years ago at a club AGM. A seemingly huge transfer fee didn't seem quite so big once VAT and a player's cut were deducted.

All true, but we're not talking about a transfer fee here, and the player won't be getting a cut.

• Like 1