Long Out Twardzik In

Big Higdon

Long has made at least three times the mistakes in fewer matches.

Also Twardzik has had MotM performances in him when Long doesn't.

And finally Long takes about 15 minutes to distribute a ball from feet or hand and doesn't have a clue what to do.

• Like 1

Long has made at least three times the mistakes in fewer matches.

Also Twardzik has had MotM performances in him when Long doesn't.

And finally Long takes about 15 minutes to distribute a ball from feet or hand and doesn't have a clue what to do.

I am not defending Long but I don't know about the 3 times as many errors, I an still remember Dan against Dundee , Aberdeen , and a few others chucking them in.he also was at fault for the goal that put us out of Europe.He is generally a good shot stopper , but poor at criosses. He definitely isn't the answer, probably Long isn't either.

We needed an experienced goalie in ja uary. Long was probably the only guy wanting to come here. Like many young players they are inconsistant and make mistakes. He has won us points so lets not make him the scapegoat when there have been other seniors either hiding or dismal All season.

Dan has to come in. long easily wastes a good 5-10 minutes of a game setting up kick outs. its infuriating watching it.

Dan is a better shot stopper and they are equal in crosses. its a no brainer for me

I was happy when we signed Long as he seemed too have ticked all the boxes.... Unfortunately his has cost us severely. I would have brought back Dan 4 weeks ago. Now it might be too late.

However one thing we are overlooking...... The goal keeping coach. Is it potentially the fact our keepers all appear to be regressing under the tutelage of a certain Gordon Marshall?? I remember when Hibs where being lambasted for extremely poor goal keepers.. Was Marshall not behind the scenes also!!

Both equally average, i don't think changing will make any difference. We had the worst keeper in my memory last year with Hollis and we finished 2nd!!

I think we have bigger issues in our defence, apart from Hammell who I'd always back, the other imposters are a big reason to where we have ended this season!!

I had the following confirmed to me yesterday....The only reason Sheffield United let George Long come on loan to us was that we had to guarantee that if he was fit he would play. So unless we can send him back, Long will be our keeper for the next 3 matches.

yip that's the answer !!!!! start wee dan in time for the play offs against ranjurs ? just to give McCall the excuse to pump high balls into our 6 yard area , so neither dan or any of the other imposters playin at the back can clear, just my opinion you understand

yip that's the answer !!!!! start wee dan in time for the play offs against ranjurs ? just to give McCall the excuse to pump high balls into our 6 yard area , so neither dan or any of the other imposters playin at the back can clear, just my opinion you understand

Yeah cos long is just brilliant when high balls come into our area.

So, let's blame Long for everything. Yesterday he pulled off a few good saves, did well to narrow the angle for Gows 1 on 1 and made it virtually impossible for him to get his shot on target. At their equaliser yes he was partly to blame but I felt it was the keepers ball when O'Brien tried to overhead kick it out. So let's blame O'Brien as well. Nobody had many great words for Hollis or neilson but we finished 2nd last year. Long us young, just getting 1st team experience so of course he's going to make errors of judgement. All players made mistakes yesterday., their passing, decision making, positioning etc so let's not just blame long.

They are I am afraid much of a muchness. I'd probably give Twardzik the edge but neither inspires confidence. I do agree though that Twardzik was a POTY candidate before he was dropped, a few big mistakes certainly but saved us from many a real hiding. Far from the weakest link but I can see why Barraclough looked elsewhere just that Long hasn't done any better, arguably a little worse.

So, let's blame Long for everything. Yesterday he pulled off a few good saves, did well to narrow the angle for Gows 1 on 1 and made it virtually impossible for him to get his shot on target. At their equaliser yes he was partly to blame but I felt it was the keepers ball when O'Brien tried to overhead kick it out. So let's blame O'Brien as well. Nobody had many great words for Hollis or neilson but we finished 2nd last year. Long us young, just getting 1st team experience so of course he's going to make errors of judgement. All players made mistakes yesterday., their passing, decision making, positioning etc so let's not just blame long.

Long had made over 90 appearances before coming to us.

No idea why Twardzik was ever dropped, would have been PotY if he had continued playing imo.

Simple..he was dropped because he was pish, too many mistakes, he was 2nd or 3rd choice at Dundee before we signed him for a reason ie not very good. Not saying Long is much better but he is better than Twardzik

The bigger problem lies in front of the keeper. Our defence has a habit of switching off three or four times a game, and has done for the last 3 seasons.

When we were banging in goals at the other end it didn't matter so much, but obviously more significant when we are struggling.

I said at the time Dan was a lazy, panic signing. He was lucky we hit a bit a form during his loan rather than him being responsible for our upswing.

I don't think there's much to choose between them, but unless we're claiming Randolph was mince, we can't blame Marshall's coaching.

Right now, I'd be more concerned about ensuring our defence can focus for 90 minutes every game. Do that and we can win the play-off with either keeper.

One thing that bringing Dan in at this point will do is boost his confidence heading into the play-offs. He's a player who'll be here next season, whereas Long will be "long" gone by the time we kick off next season.

Aye, I'd bring Dan back.