Security Today

Kmcalpin

200 in the Cooper - no way - unless you saw something I didn't, doubt there were any (even the poor fella who's ticket was pictured and posted as an infiltrator, turned out to be a 'Well fan.

There were some but not many in the Cooper. Two sitting on their hands around C10 and two at the front around A12. They all disappeared after the first goal. In fairness they didn't bother anyone around them but might have been different if they'd scored.

Flare came from Rangers fans sitting a couple of rows behind us, roughly row I seats 60-63, one of those guys making no secret he was a knuckle dragger. He left post haste when well fans pointed him out but the stewards were to slow to react.

I loved how they just couldn't contain themselves at the kenny misser penalty claim, hope they enjoyed the pumping. It was clear they wouldn't take the defeat well.

When the OF are in town, the polis want to get people in and out as quickly as possible. It's all about crowd management - not about how many arrests they can make or infiltrators they can eject. If making an arrest is likely to spark more trouble, they are always going to pass on the chance.

I'm not saying it's fair, but unless there is one officer per fan, it's always going to be how it happens.

What's the point of having the stewarding carried out by people who just seem to stand about taking no responsibility and replying " nothing to do with me" when asked about anything.

The stewarding really needs to be looked at every time there was an issue in the pod ( the ones I could see from my seat ) the stewards were feckin useless, and it needed police intervention every time to sort it.

I agree Allan, as you know. The problem is that the Police instruct the stewards to take a soft approach. A year or two back I complained about Celtic fans continously standing in the south end of the POD Stand - we couldn't see the corner of the pitch. The steward on duty said he'd speak to his supervisor and he did but his boss said the Police had instructed them to take no action.

Maybe stewarding and policing is something the Society needs to take up with the club. Its an important issue for fans and we aren't clear about what goes on.

My mate and I both called ticket office within an hour of tickets going on sale. Picked him up yesterday and got to the ground, he was couple of seats behind me in POD.

So we thought. He then shouts over "I'm in the wrong stand" (he's not a regular and is easily confused) :prankster:

Sure enough, his ticket clearly says "Davie Cooper Stand". I'm thinking security guy outside turnstile checked ticket as did guy at turnstile...how did he get in??

What end? I was right up there in AA too, seat 11. There were 4 'Well fans behind me having the time of their lives, wondering if it was you.

We were down the other end, 43-46 I think, they had about a dozen across the middle of that row in front of the media seats, they all fucked off at 2-0 and that's when one of them started his shite with the well fan down at the exit.The fact that they spent the full game standing should have made it even more obvious.

Spoke to a guy who was in the POD stand and he was sitting 2 row behind the twat who threw the flare

he told me he had no surrender tattooed on his arm and feck off sharpish when he threw the flare as well as his mates

I hope who every booked his ticket is band from buying tickets to Fir Park

• Like 2

Presumably someone from the club reads these pages? Given that a few posters seem to have details or know someone who has details of the flarethrower(s), I hope these have been picked up or passed to the club. The SPFL is holding an investigation right now and the flarethrowing is an integral part of that. Its very likely the club will be punished for our fans' pitch invasion and I just hope it isn't punished for "our fans" flarethowing.

• Like 1

Is the club not still responsible since our security allowed it to happen?

According to one report I read somewhere (The Scotsman, I think) the feeling is that the SPFL tend not to be too harsh on clubs if they can show they took reasonable measures to prevent any incident. Given the additional number of stewards and police the club used that day, I think we must have a decent case.

According to one report I read somewhere (The Scotsman, I think) the feeling is that the SPFL tend not to be too harsh on clubs if they can show they took reasonable measures to prevent any incident. Given the additional number of stewards and police the club used that day, I think we must have a decent case.

However it was against their beloved Rangers so I fully expect us to get a hefty fine for this one.

I thought the whole shambolic package of incidents made it a real day to remember, if the club get fined, i'd happily stick a few quid in to help out!!

From the petty h**s leaving at the first goal chucking on their pathetic flare / the flag in the coupon incident (as stated on the sevco website "the assailant is still at large" ) the full 30 minutes of goading before the final whistle / the Moshni incident....hysterical /...fans invading the park and taunting the zombie nation.../ big Erwins interview/....Lasley singing!!

Even now the happiness is still too much to take in!!

• Like 2