Motherwell V Ross County Sat 12 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Ross County were shite

Motherwell were shite again

A draw was probably deserved

The managers team selection was weird

We have some real issues to address

Quick question...does Stevie Hammell have it written into his contract that he must take all the shys on the left hand side of the park?

Since the dawn of time the Constitution of Fir Park has stated the following-

"All throw ins shall be excecuted by the left or right back, depending on which touch line the throw occurs. Furthermore, said full back will be required to stand for a minimum of thirty seconds before attempting the throw in. In addition, the remaining outfield players will be required to make no attempt whatsoever to make themselves available to receive the ball, or to make any move that opens space for a teammate to receive it"

Been that way for as long as I can remember, which is from around 1970 onwards,

• Like 5

I remember Coyne taking a good quick shy to Arnott once. A Craigan had one after opening the gate in the East Stand.

That's about it.

I stand corrected, presumably, the Cobra and Crags were disciplined for flouting the rules. Especially Crags, what with his throw in leading to a goal. Can't have that sort of off the cuff nonsense breaking out, my God the flow of the game might not be broken up. The implications could be enormous
  • Like 1

As mentioned, great goal we scored. Team definitely has the ability to play. Also, how in fuck's name the referee never sent off the County boy I will never know. Absolute shambles of a decision.

Fair point.

Kinda shows how poor we were that Fosters tackle hasnt rated a mention. Was an absolute shocker. Straight red for me.

Not sure if it was due to a hangover from the play offs or if he was on a promise with the missus

Utter shite. Won't go over criticisms that's already been covered.

Some positives to take were Moult, who scores yet again and puts in a tireless shift. Baraclough's substitutions worked to fair play to him for that. Grimshaw looks promising and offered more calmness and confidence in 4 or 5 touches than Taylor did all game. Robinson too looked up for the fight.

Who knows where we're going this season.

To me, it looks like McManus thinks he doesn't need to give it 100%. Not so much that he's being lazy - just not as committed.

When the chips were down in the play-off, his focus and intensity shot-up and he looked like the player I hoped he would be.

• Like 1

Fair point.

Kinda shows how poor we were that Fosters tackle hasnt rated a mention. Was an absolute shocker. Straight red for me.

Not sure if it was due to a hangover from the play offs or if he was on a promise with the missus

That's exactly what it looked like to me, he got an absolute roasting for 180 minutes and was taking pelters the whole time for being shite. The first bit I can excuse, the second bit I'd have thought he was used to by now. Shite.

To me, it looks like McManus thinks he doesn't need to give it 100%. Not so much that he's being lazy - just not as committed.

When the chips were down in the play-off, his focus and intensity shot-up and he looked like the player I hoped he would be.

Yep. Was it Steelboy that highlighted this within about two games, I think. He's a moan, but on this one he was absolutely on the money.

Alternatively, we're all just being far too kind and he's just shite. Either way, the result is the same.

We've lost a thousand fans since the Utd home game.

Are you comparing the attendance on Saturday with the attendance at the first home game of the season?

For what it's worth the 1st home game vs Ross County last season was marginally less well attended than Saturday's game;

13/12/14 - 3,193

12/09/15 - 3,545

Actually here's 1st home game vs County in 2013:

28/09/13 - 4,263

The first home game vs United doesn't really make a good comparison as it was the Friday night game on the telly that we won 1-0 (Black's first game in charge).

07/11/14 - 3,961

08/08/15 - 4,859

09/11/13 - 5,103

Our first home game of last season was vs St. Mirren and compares 4,620 vs the 4,859 at the United game in August and vs 2013's 1st home game of the season vs Aberdeen 6,242.

Edit: So just to clarify the attendances this year for the corresponding fixtures (ie: 1st home fixtures) vs both United and Ross County were up by 898 and 352 respectively on last year.

• Like 1

Not to mention that United brought a reasonably healthy away support and Ross County brought a couple of hundred. Thistle will be another downer no doubt as Christmas increases attendance in general from 1st home game v them last season while September weekend will cause some to miss out this time. Ho hum.

I stand corrected, presumably, the Cobra and Crags were disciplined for flouting the rules. Especially Crags, what with his throw in leading to a goal. Can't have that sort of off the cuff nonsense breaking out, my God the flow of the game might not be broken up. The implications could be enormous

I also remember Jim O'Brien scoring a great goal from a quick throw-in, just turned and banged it first time. Ross County were very good at shutting us down on Saturday, however.

Yeah I think I was the same to be honest and expected a bit more.

If all the players played like they did in thr playoff we would be laughing...Skippy, Johnson to name a couple. Long even pulled a couple of good performances out the bag.

Does it say more about the players? Or also that the management cant get them up (crikey) for normal league games? Maybe both.

I also remember Jim O'Brien scoring a great goal from a quick throw-in, just turned and banged it first time. Ross County were very good at shutting us down on Saturday, however.

I also remember him trying to do that for two seasons and making a cunt of it every time except that one.