Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 7 Nov 15:00

Yabba's Turd

I recall similar words from Vigurs a few months after he arrived at Fir Park too where he talked about time taking to settle, still to find his best form and so on. And he did actually have a pretty decent few months, arguably the only decent spell during his two years, in the months after that,

Whether the remarks were totally genuine or an attempt to placate supporters and buy a little more time to win them over, who knows, but you would take him at his word.

I thought Vigurs could offer something in a creative sense but that was often heavily offset with questions marks over fitness, application and endeavour. No question though he has the ability to make things tricky for us today if he has the correct mindset.

I always like tuning in to Yogi before we play any of his teams.

I often feel he's doing a job interview for the Motherwell job. Ive never heard him say anything bad against us. Last season I remember being slightly embarrassed on the way to the game listening to him on the radio......talking about Motherwell as a "wonderful club" "fantastic working class supporters" type of club that's right up my street.....great tough town, great people!!....jeez, gie it a rest yogi!!

as much as l like Hughes, we need the win today, extremely important, I think we'll shade it 1-0

Like to be a fly on the wall in Barbados next week. Come to think of it I'd like to be in Barbados but will have to settle for Florida!! There's really only so much you can do with the defenders we have, so January will be important, but we really need to score more goals as well. The cupboard is bare, and I don't fancy our chances if we have to play Hibs in a play-off. Can you tell I'm feeling less confident that the crew IB signed just aren't up to the job. Woe is me, need to go lie down on the beach!!