Scottish Cup - Fifth Round Motherwell V Inverness Caley Thistle Sat 6 Feb 15:00

prideoflanarkshire

They pumped us at Fir Park two months ago.

It's a very tough tie.

what a shocker eh a negative post from you, yes they beat us but 2 months on we are a much better team and they have been pish lately so its a very winnable game. Its a new year so why not try something new for you i.e being positive abbout them team.

what a shocker eh a negative post from you, yes they beat us but 2 months on we are a much better team and they have been pish lately so its a very winnable game. Its a new year so why not try something new for you i.e being positive abbout them team.

Celtic was obviously the nightmare draw but after that Hearts and ICT were the next toughest draws. They are on a similar unbeaten run to us (ie not pish) and will be confident being holders and having won here recently.

There's also the fact that the two times we have played them in the Scottish Cup have been miserable affairs which is irrelevant to this game but i'd still rather have drawn almost anyone else.

• Like 1

As has been said Inverness more than deserved the points last time we played, they performed pretty impressively, certainly our most comphrensive home defeat of the season and perhaps as a whole but I will leave that up to those that traveled to Ross County. Inverness have also only lost 4 out of the last 15 league matches so they are obviously no push overs and would be further up the league if they hadn't had a very poor 5 or 6 matches at the beginning of the season.

On the other hand you could, I think with some confidence, say that over the last 6 or 7 weeks we've been the best team in the country. Unbeaten, scoring goals, defeated Celtic away and should have given them a right cuffing with some better finishing.

What we need to do is keep our current form going so it's as good when the next round comes along as it is now and then let Inverness worry about us.

• Like 1

As has been said Inverness more than deserved the points last time we played, they performed pretty impressively, certainly our most comphrensive home defeat of the season and perhaps as a whole but I will leave that up to those that traveled to Ross County.

A home tie and thats a good start. Hard but winnable game. Yes ICT beat us convincingly a couple of months ago but they certainly got a bit of luck that day.

A home tie and thats a good start. Hard but winnable game. Yes ICT beat us convincingly a couple of months ago but they certainly got a bit of luck that day.

Exactly, the result that day didn't mirror the performances of the two teams. A soft re-taken penalty, and a wicked deflected goal gave them a comfortable half time league before Vigurs scored with a wonder strike. I left the game that day not too down beat as I felt we had matched ICT for most of the game.

I'm not saying it will be easy but it's a tie we have every chance of winning.