Hearts V Motherwell Sat 16 January

Graeme Bremner

Keen to see Ainsworth back in the team, I think we could see a reaction from him after being out the side. As long as he does as McGhee says and tracks back consistently I think we could get something from this game. I'm hoping McGhee avoids playing Laing in the middle of the park ala the Celtic game at home, hopefully Cadden or one of the younger guys is given a chance along side Pearson.

Having heard the press conference, pretty sure Lionel will start.

Think there is a fair chance Laing will get the other spot given all the talk about physicality.

Not sure exposing one of the young boys to such a physical encounter is the right way to go. Although it didnt do Phil O'Donnell any harm!

Not sure exposing one of the young boys to such a physical encounter is the right way to go. Although it didnt do Phil O'Donnell any harm!

Nothing wrong in that. The young lads may lack experience and "streetwiseness" but Chris Cadden is well enough built to withstand hard physical challenges.

Going through to this so hopefully a good game and also a change to the team of the last several weeks which, if anything, will be an interest...and hopefully successful!

Think it will be tight and would take a draw right now I reckon. For me:

Ripely

Law Hall McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Pearson Laing Johnson

Skippy Moult

Went for Laing over Cadden as we need a more defensive minded player in if playing 2 wingers.

Nothing wrong in that. The young lads may lack experience and "streetwiseness" but Chris Cadden is well enough built to withstand hard physical challenges.

I dont doubt it. I was just thinking back to the roasting Phil got in his first game against Kenny McDowall. He battered him that day. But like I said, Phil learned from it so you could argue it did him some good. I suppose the game has moved on as well. McDowall wouldnt have got away with half the stuff he did that day if he was playing now.

This game will be a test of how much we have progressed under McGhee and how his tactical skills are to cover the loss of Lasley for this game and Grimshaw permanently if we can keep the run going and get a win it will be great but to be honest I would bite your hand off for a point.

• Like 2

Hearts have only lost twice at home in the league in the last season and a half (28 matches in total), once last season to Falkirk and once this season to Aberdeen.

Going to be a very tough match, especially with the personnel changes but fingers crossed we can get something out of it.

On form at least getting something from Tynecastle is going to be a better result than the recent win over Celtic at Celtic Park.

Why would you not want to keep looking back at United? Aside from the happy fact it's someone other than us that's fifteen points or whatever from safety I'm enjoying the show.

Not far enough away for a proper day out like Aberdeen or Inverness but not close enough that it's straight forward or cheap to get to, one of the clubs who have often made life more difficult than its needed to be for our support, a group of fans who retain the arrogance and swagger of a a successful club whilst ignoring the elephant in the room and living in denial that it's not actually the 1980's any more and their team isn't anything like as good as their wee minds would have them believe.

Nah, quite happy to look over my shoulder at United for a while longer yet, ta.

• Like 1