Motherwell V Partick Thistle Sat 27 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

McGhee gets criticised for making recent subs which have cost us pointss...........and yesterday he took a gamble in not making one....two or any when it was clear that some were blowing out their arses......we were sitting deeper and deeper with no out ball up front......

McDonald had another great game and two cracking finishes for 2nd and 3rd goal.......next week is another 6 pointer,would be nice to get a result over there

I'll keep it brief -

Goals aside, Louis Moult is still everything a professional footballer player should be. Alongside skippy, those two on their game are an absolute handful.

I thought Marvin was mostly poor on the ball but his defending from the front and work ethic off the ball puts him ahead of Ainsworth in the pecking order.

Louis Laing as a marauding fullback is a sight to behold. Not a perfect game but considering his lack of game time he was impressive nonetheless. This has the potential to add quite an exciting element to our game.

Hopefully this is the first signs of us turning the corner.

• Like 1

It's going to be an interesting week.

Full card on midweek, except for us, so the potential for a lot of gained or dropped points.

Partick Thistle have three games in 6 days. Away matches against St. Johnstone and Hearts and then a home match against Aberdeen.

Then we play Accies with the chance to open up a 5 point gap there.

Accies haven't won at NDP for 10 games. Guess who it was they beat on the 19th September 2015!

They've only won twice in the last 20 games home or away. wins vs Killie on Jan 30th and United on 28th November. 8 draws and 10 losses.

They do seem to be very adept at shitfesting their way to draws recently though notably Celtic and Hearts.

Also, I count 11 red cards in matches involving them this season.

What capt_oats said. I quite admired Accies when Neil was in charge but they rival Ross County as the worst set of divers and time-wasters in the league. Prepare for them getting an early penalty next week from an Imrie dive and then their goalie going down every ten minutes with a dislocated eye-lash like in the last game at Fir Park.

Who's the ref? Gollum? Craig Robertson? MacLean? If so, don't waste the entrance fee.

God, I'd love to scud them 4-0.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights of the Thistle game and 3-1 could easily been 5. A really good performance but that goal Thistle got was a shocker from Ripley. Moult looks a cracking striker and a good foil for Macdonald . Pleased to see Laing given a chance again. More performances like that and we,ll be fine.

It wasnt a great match but it was a good 3 points. Outside of the goals, I don't remember too many clear cut chances.

McDonald was the best player on the park and the through ball for the 2nd was superb. We need him to perform at that level more consistently.

There were a few Mitch. First half: Johnson had a great low cross in the first half that was missed by everyone; Louis Laing had a great run which ended with the keeper having to make a save. Second half: Cerny had a couple of good saves, one from McDonald; Chrissy Cadden had a shot cum cross which just missed. Thats 5 and I'm sure there were more.

• Like 1

Thought the game on Saturday was pretty dull, typical fight between relegation candidates. Nonetheless I was more than happy with our win, didn't matter how ugly it was going to be he just simply had to get the result on Saturday. I thought this was more a consequence of the teams league positions rather than our performance which i thought was largely good.

Main plus points for me were;

Louis Laing, I think he was absolutely outstanding. Seen someone mentioned he was 'clunky' at right back but I thought the opposite. Some of his offensive running and passing up the line was exceptional. He does the basics right as a defender too. I've always rated Laing he is still relatively young, he just needs to cut out his mistakes and I think he could be a real talent as he gains more experience.

Louis Moult, Tremendous performance. He is consistently one of our top performers and it is not just his goal scoring ability. His willingness to chase every ball and track back when required is a joy to be seen. Really encouraging to see someone who appears to care as much as the fans, his reaction to scoring the penalty showed this. I'll be the first to admit i initially had my doubts about him but I think he is well on his way to being a really top player with us. I thought as a team we looked a lot more solid generally and seemed to be really fighting for the win which all we can ask for as fans.

Big game on Saturday, need a result again. If we can win it would make a real difference to our season and hopefully we can push on from there.

• Like 1