2016/17 Ins & Outs

David

If he ends up going for around the £300k mark previously knocked back, then we will look like an absolute cowboy outfit and some questions will have to be asked.

Tony Andreau mentioned there...he was a £1m player, so is Marvin.

And folk saying he is shite now the move away is looking likely are miles out. While not irreplaceable by any means, he is one of our better players.

Tweet from Burrows to suggest there is potential movement.

Anyone else feel that the COO of a Premiership club shouldn't really be discussing it's business on a personal twitter feed? I feel it's just a wee bit unprofessional. No disrespect to AB, just think he shouldn't comment on club affairs like transfers.

Anyone else feel that the COO of a Premiership club shouldn't really be discussing it's business on a personal twitter feed? I feel it's just a wee bit unprofessional. No disrespect to AB, just think he shouldn't comment on club affairs like transfers.

He didn't. He said he's been asked and can't/won't say anything until a deal is done.

• Like 1

He cannae win, if he doesn't tell he gets shot down, if he does tell he gets shot down.

Anyway here is his post, obviously in response to others asking what's going on.

'Well fans - A lot of folk asking about activity today. Few things happening, but obviously we can only confirm if/when deals done.

If he ends up going for around the £300k mark previously knocked back, then we will look like an absolute cowboy outfit and some questions will have to be asked.

Tony Andreau mentioned there...he was a £1m player, so is Marvin.

To be fair, Andreu had scored something like 13 league goals from midfield in the half season before he was sold, and was going to a top end Championship team rather than Oxford United. There's a reason he cost more than Marvin will.

In fairness given the number of folk who bombard his personal account about MFC business on a daily basis I'd say his tweet is fair enough. Personally I'm amazed he actually bothers, I'd be muting like fuck if it were me.

To be fair, Andreu had scored something like 13 league goals from midfield in the half season before he was sold, and was going to a top end Championship team rather than Oxford United. There's a reason he cost more than Marvin will.

Nope...it's because Hamilton aren't absolute bottle merchants that slap a price on a player and then take less than half that.

All ifs and buts, but letting a player we have (rightly or wrongly) priced at £1m for around 300K plus add-ons is basically forfeiting our right to get any decent fee for any player going forward! Even accepting a deal at 500k is drastically backing down for me.

Nope...it's because Hamilton aren't absolute bottle merchants that slap a price on a player and then take less than half that.

All ifs and buts, but letting a player we have (rightly or wrongly) priced at £1m for around 300K plus add-ons is basically forfeiting our right to get any decent fee for any player going forward! Even accepting a deal at 500k is drastically backing down for me.

Apart from a few posters on here, I didn't see the club put a 1 million price on him.

If selling below the asking price is a failure, then every salesman in the planet is a failure, because they always set prices above what they want and negotiate down.

You be happy if he goes for 250k and the club don't get what they want so you can just say....see, told ye so? I'd hope not.

Be fair, there was never any chance of him going for some of the sums being banded about, it was pure cuckoo cuckoo land stuff.

It might be to stop his phone bursting into flames with bed wetters tweeting him for minute by minute updates.

:lol:

I think it's great that he engages with the fans, being a fan himself, he knows what it's like.

• Like 2

Apart from a few posters on here, I didn't see the club put a 1 million price on him.

If selling below the asking price is a failure, then every salesman in the planet is a failure, because they always set prices above what they want and negotiate down.

Nothing wrong with selling below - start at £1m, settle on £700k with a sell on. Going to less than half though? What salesman would do that? Never said a failure - just means that other clubs will know we are an absolute soft touch and all our sell-able assets will be valued much lower in any potential suitors eyes due to previous. It's the way it has been at Motherwell for years and years and we were told quite clearly that it wouldn't be that way anymore, we'd no longer been a soft touch. Less than £500k for any move for Marvin and we will have proved that statement a steaming pile of pish at the first hurdle!

Did McGhee not mention the £1m when he said Oxford didn't have enough money to buy him at the price?