Marv Birmingham Mail

livivoice

Scott Mullen in the evening times suggesting we rejected a low ball offer from Oxford yesterday and have 'slapped' a £1m price tag on Marvin.

Just saw that. It's a sensible move from the club IMO. While I have my doubts we'd get that for him, for the market you'd think we'd looking to sell and the player would want to go (top half English Championship) it's not exactly a prohibitive amount. I don't think anyone could say they'd be pricing him out the market by quoting that sort of figure.

Main thing I suppose is you'd hope it stops clubs like Oxford coming along and disrupting things with low-ball offers. As far as I can see that article is saying the club's stance is: "the player has 2 years on his deal, we don't need to sell. Unless you're going to offer proper money, don't bother asking."

Fair play to the club. They handled the McDonald situation well and also seem to be saying the right things re: Johnson.

Scott Mullen in the evening times suggesting we rejected a low ball offer from Oxford yesterday and have 'slapped' a £1m price tag on Marvin.

Good. We may never get a million but I prefer this approach to the nicey nice we are skint approach.

If he takes his pre season form in to the first few games of the season, and against Celtic on TV, he could very well go for a decent amount before August is up.

Good. We may never get a million but I prefer this approach to the nicey nice we are skint approach.

If he takes his pre season form in to the first few games of the season, and against Celtic on TV, he could very well go for a decent amount before August is up.

Exactly this. I don't think we'll get £1m from him either but talking up your players and putting high 'price tags' on them has seen Dundee Utd and Accies bring in good fees the past.

With 2 years on his contract and money coming in for Pearson and Hall (and possibly Robinson and Leitch) we shoud be forcing home the point that unless an offer matching our valuation comes in he won't be going anywhere this window.

I think there would be anarchy towards our clubs board if that had been accepted, He's worth around a million beyond that offer at least. I reckon the clubs got to be looking at around £1.25m at the very least, on his day I don't think there's much better offensive players in the country.

As a player who could develop into top end championship/Mid-Premier League standard, I think it will take £1.25m - £2m (after add ons, of course) to have the club consider it. £300k is disrespectful to both player and club. Even if it is top end of their budget, it's still about a quarter of his value. Like asking to take Messi for £20m. Not happening.

Cheeky sods. 300,000? And they consider that a very good offer? Nice to see the club not caving and snatching such a poor offer even though it would have been a good return on what paid.

totally agree it's a joke that they consider £300,000 too be a very good offer especially when they just sold a player too leeds for £3 million.

Our fans are a hoot, we paid £50,000 for him a year and a half ago and are getting sniffy because clubs wont pay 20 times that. He isnt 20 times the player we got from kidderminster To suggest he one of the best players in the country is stretching belief. He has many good attributes and plenty bloody awful ones still to be knocked off him. To suggest anyone bidding less than 1.25 million are at it is ridiculous. Hes only worth what someone is willing to pay for him. We are fortunate we can hold out for bigger offers but theres no guarantee on his achievements so far that a 1 Million pound offer is anywhere near achievable..... yet.