Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Agree entirely. I'm sure Aberdeen fans will be miffed that when Reynolds was performing at his best he never got a look in. But now when he's regressed, significantly at that, he gets called up.

Interestingly no Hanley or Greer. Only three centre backs in Martin, Berry and Reynolds. Assuming that despite his possible regression that he's only been selected due to lack of other options.

Could have been worse. They could have promoted Zak Jules from the U21s...

Interestingly no Hanley or Greer. Only three centre backs in Martin, Berry and Reynolds. Assuming that despite his possible regression that he's only been selected due to lack of other options.

Could have been worse. They could have promoted Zak Jules from the U21s...

There's still time tbf.

So back on topic, the list of former players has officialy been extended to the following:

The following players will leave the club when their contract expires at the end of the month:
  • Craig Samson
  • Joe Chalmers
  • Lee Lucas
  • Zak Jules (loan end)
  • Craig Moore
  • David Ferguson
  • Stephen Pearson
  • Scott McDonald *

—— (Under 20s)

• Dylan Mackin
  • Tom Fry
  • Jordan Pettigrew

That's Craig Moore signed on at Ayr. No surprise there really. Shame he didn't be kick on after that first touch wonder volley against Hearts.

Aye, for a while he had a great partnership with Erwin in the U20s, but another case of not quite managing the step up to the first team.

Good luck to the guy.

I think Moore got really unlucky with us. Getting injured on the penultimate game of the 2013/14 was such poor timing, with Anier about to depart, there were times in that first part of the 2014/15 season I think he could have added something. Virtually by the time he was fit again, we had McDonald and Sutton, with Erwin about to come to prominence so opportunities were limited. The needless signings of Robinson, Fletcher and Clarkson deprived of an earned chance to be a backup striker the following season as well I'd say.