Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

Is there not a development fee percentage for each transfer, separate from any contractual arrangement. So only a further transfer may trigger a small payment but there will be no contractual arrangement between us and Brighton for promotions or anything else, and any we had with Sheffield would surely have lapsed when he left them.

Only cross border transfers.

I noticed the club has posted a tweet about Hughie Ferguson today. Arguably our best ever player. If not he'd certainly be in the top 3 of our all time greats. As time passes our memories of favourite players fade but Hughie deserves recognition from all generations of our supporters. He passed away in sad circumstances but shouldn't be forgotten.

• Like 5

I noticed the club has posted a tweet about Hughie Ferguson today. Arguably our best ever player. If not he'd certainly be in the top 3 of our all time greats. As time passes our memories of favourite players fade but Hughie deserves recognition from all generations of our supporters. He passed away in sad circumstances but shouldn't be forgotten.

Incredible stats for the 'Well

288 appearances

284 goals

Legend doesn't even begin to describe the man

Maybe it is because I'm watching players similar to my age coming to the end of their careers and the fact that I watched so many young talents over the last two decades, but I really hope we have youth as a primary vision.

Some of our recruitment under the last three managers has been woeful. Recently, we've seen Clay and Lucas keep Campbell out of the team. I'd like to think that he and fellow youngsters Hastie, Turnbull and Gordon gain more first team minutes soon.

Hopefully McLean will return next season and replace the likely departing Ainsworth.

Will Mackin gain a new contract and is he a better option than Blyth?

The goalkeeper and defensive positions need the most attention. Plenty of names being mentioned for both and it remains to be seen whether Jules has a future at the club.

I'm hopeful of a fighting end to our season and very happy that Robinson, not McGee, Barraclough or McCall will be rebuilding the squad though.

Aye that's sad news about Cammy Duncan.

Curiously enough after all the recent chat about John Gardiner he was his successor and McLean's hoped for solution to the goalkeeping problem. Kind of a sort of was. Well, for a wee bit.

I think his first season was decent enough, certainly an improvement on Gardiner but he had an awful couple of games, a couple of months into his second season and was replaced by Ally Maxwell. He never got back in and moved on to Thistle.

Sorry to hear of passing and at such as young age too.

John Ruddy released by Norwich. His stock seems to have fallen dramatically since he turned down Chelsea.

Not really. Norwich were looking to cut costs and reduce the wage bill, Ruddy is now 30 and on 30 odd grand a week. They also have the boy Rudd who is decent,a lot younger and probably on less than half what Ruddy is on. Plus McGovern who wd be cheap backup

Ruddy will find himself at an Aston Villa , Sunderland or the like