Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

43 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Amazing for Luton , sure they were in the conference about 10 years ago or so .  Proper rags to riches tale 

9 years from non-league to EPL apparently. Pretty impressive.

51 minutes ago, weeyin said:

9 years from non-league to EPL apparently. Pretty impressive.

With the cash coming to them now, they might finally get a new stadium, Kenilworth Rd, is barely adequate for National league football, never mind the EPL, it will be good to see some genuine home grown Motherwell talent playing in the best league in the world.

21 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Chris Cadden seemingly out long-term with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Ooft thats a sore one.

Wouldnt wish injury on any player, despite any perceived wrongs to the club re his departure.

Could be out a while with that one though.

Shame, as he was looking back to his best this season and must have been back on the radar for a Scotland call up given the injuries to Paterson and Ramsay......

20 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

With the cash coming to them now, they might finally get a new stadium, Kenilworth Rd, is barely adequate for National league football, never mind the EPL, it will be good to see some genuine home grown Motherwell talent playing in the best league in the world.

Luton move into their new ground season after next. All agreed.  Now will have to spend a good few million ( ten is the rumour) on existing ground to be allowed into Premier League. Just shows the amount of money washing around the Premier League.

Also became the first team to go all the way down from top division to non league....and then all the way back up again. And wee AC looked happy enough despite not featuring today. Probably relieved that he was not faced with having to take a pen.

4 hours ago, numpty said:

No idea I'm afraid, I tend to avoid plumbing the depths of fitba' Twitter to investigate random fans' opinions these days.

Think it's where that racist prick Tommy Two-Names comes from, he may even support the club too.

22 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Think it's where that racist prick Tommy Two-Names comes from, he may even support the club too.

When I lived in that area I went to a few games at Kenilworth Road and the racism I saw some of their fans displaying was disgusting, so maybe that's a contributing factor.

I appreciate Curtis Main has other attributes over and above goal scoring, but as a striker that is a pretty important stat.

So it made me laugh this week reading about St. Mirren's "star striker" leaving the club and how Robinson brings out the best of him.

At Motherwell, he scored 8 league goals across 2 seasons and at St Mirren he scored 9 league goals across 2 seasons. Looking at his stats, the most league goals he has ever scored for any club in a season is 8, and in 15 of his league seasons he has scored less than 4 goals.

He'd probably have done a job playing along side KVV, but if you need goals he is not your man.