Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

40 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Dundee signing Carson is a bit of a strange one having just signed Norwich keeper Jon McCracken (a Wishaw boy) on loan.

I’d have thought they will be paying a fair whack of his wage which I don’t think will be cheap and Carson will be on a decent wage so quite a bit of cash for one of them to sit on the bench seems crazy to me. 

It's not a loan deal, its a permanent signing so they will be paying all of his wage bill, I think a £100k fee was mentioned earlier in this thread.

27 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

It's not a loan deal, its a permanent signing so they will be paying all of his wage bill, I think a £100k fee was mentioned earlier in this thread.

He meant a portion of the Norwich keeper's wage, not Carson's.

14 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Carson was a great keeper for us. I believe fee was £100k, Dundee splashing cash again, risky 

If he stays fit he'll be a great addition for them. I think we paid a nominal fee for him when he arrived from Hartlepool and Celtic moaned when we wouldn't accept their offer 6 months later. It's a massive loss for St Mirren, I've not seen much of Hemmings tbf but felt Carson was a great shot-stopper plus his distribution was excellent.

• Like 1

Peak Carson was definitely a better GK than Kelly. Its whether you would be getting peak Carson anymore. Both good shotstoppers and Carsons distribution was infinitely better. Certainly no resale value on him now so you would want to be getting a few seasons out of him as your no.1 if you were paying a fee.

Not seen enough of Oxburgh yet to decide whether he will be our no.1 when Kelly moves on, but not a position we are desperate to fill right now. Agree it wouldnt have been a crazy move if Kelly was moving on right now and the net transfer fee was in our favour, but thats not wgere we are with talk of us extending Kelly's deal.

Good luck to Trevor, except on Saturday of course.

4 minutes ago, stv said:

Moult scores even with a dodgy ankle

Moult has looked much more like the Moult we knew and loved so far tonight. He looks a lot fitter and sharper than he did at any point last season. 

But as I’ve always said, no player is bigger than the club. 

3 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

He's just scored and NAW!!!!! 

See whenever I read your posts, I just immediately think of the average ‘pub bore’. You know, the loudmouth that stands at the bar listening into and trying to butt into various conversations around him. Always got plenty to say about fuck all and is just a general annoyance to everyone in earshot. 

Anyone who has ever frequented a pub in or around Motherwell or Glasgow in the last 20 years will know where I’m coming from on that.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MJC said:

Moult has looked much more like the Moult we knew and loved so far tonight. He looks a lot fitter and sharper than he did at any point last season. 

He's done as a top level player, dropped down a level and played against a team tonight who are brutal and heading back to league 1 this year, so anyone would look good against them. And it's guaranteed that he will be on the treatment table more than he is on the park. I'm Glad SK seen sense and never went near him, we are ditching the deadwood this year, no place for passengers.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

I have a photo of faddy and I from well open day in 2013, he was bald as a coot then and looked older than he does now......I however have aged great..(aye right.....said Mrs grizzly)

Which one are you in the photo then the one that looks like Dan or Eddie?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

He's done as a top level player, dropped down a level and played against a team tonight who are brutal and heading back to league 1 this year, so anyone would look good against them. And it's guaranteed that he will be on the treatment table more than he is on the park. I'm Glad SK seen sense and never went near him, we are ditching the deadwood this year, no place for passengers.

I totally agree and I’m glad we didn’t try to re-trace old steps again by giving him another chance after the way it panned out last season. 

7 hours ago, Robbos boy said:

Funnily enough, that's what I always thought of you, a pain in the backside who says he supports the team and players, but nine times, sorry ten times out of ten, doom and gloom, we will win nothing here. Get back undet yir bed and gimme peace. 

Weesht.

41 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Dundee United was the smart move for Louis. He will get the chance to create and score without running about too much and he will thrive in the big fish in a small pond environment.

Hopefully his knees hold up to the workload but that's not usually how it works.

Once the ground gets heavy after summer weather has gone and he is playing on a poor surface up against some of the hackers in that leauge, he will become a target for rough treatment from defences . That all adds up to fitness struggle over the full season. Hope he avoids that and good luck to him.

20 minutes ago, stv said:

Once the ground gets heavy after summer weather has gone and he is playing on a poor surface up against some of the hackers in that leauge, he will become a target for rough treatment from defences . That all adds up to fitness struggle over the full season. Hope he avoids that and good luck to him.

Even just the fact that's he's had 9 months off playing means that right now he's probably as fit as he can be but every game will add a bit of wear and tear.