Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

44 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's two different things. One is Business Interruption Insurance that the club had which is why they offered refunds on 20/21 Season Tickets which everyone used to pay for the 'free' season. The other is the interest free 20 year Scottish Government loan which had the (fairly pointless) stipulations.

Ah! Cheers for clearing that up. I understand now.

We also reportedly still had £4.5m in the bank from player sales.

Now, I get that as a fan owned club we cant go pissing that against the wall and we need to be fiscally prudent, especially after the car crash of last season, but I wouldnt have thought we were on our arse just yet?

17 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Don't think anyone is going to take the 10, is it not retired?

I must be going senile.

I knew it had been originally retired, but for some reason I thought we had reinstated it later. Must have been wishful thinking, as I'm not a fan of jersey retirements.

(Shows how much attention I pay to the shirt numbers)

On 7/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, grizzlyg said:

This is all too hi tech for me, I think I have tuned into the Martyn Lewis forum by mistake!! 😜🍺

Me too and I'm not pretending to know the technicalities, however...

"We've no got any money" seems about right from what I'm seeing.

I think its all just subtle messaging. 

Some clubs /agents will think we have money to spend off the back of KVV and Max moving on, not to mention the wages we got off the books.

We need to try and make it clear why thats not the case so they dont think they can wring more cash out of us for the players we are interested in.

Its also not rocket science that if we are signing players we need to move on those surplus to requirement in order to keep our finances on an even keel and get the biggest bang for our buck.

So whilst we dont have a lot of money to throw around. Its safe to say there will be players coming in and more going out.....

Yep, great 'keeper and a seems like a decent bloke. Should be number one with the new lad challenging him. Seems odd to do it this way so perhaps he's fallen out with Robinson.

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Yep, great 'keeper and a seems like a decent bloke. Should be number one with the new lad challenging him. Seems odd to do it this way so perhaps he's fallen out with Robinson.

I've seen a few st mirren fans online saying there has been a falling out between robinson and carson,by all accounts they butt heads quite often and this time it has came to a head.

7 minutes ago, mfc said:

I've seen a few st mirren fans online saying there has been a falling out between robinson and carson,by all accounts they butt heads quite often and this time it has came to a head.

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/stephen-robinson-denies-trevor-carson-27327799

2 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

It was confirmed on the STV news tonight, a 1 year contract apparently 

Fit enough to sit on their bench this evening. Or so it seems.

EDIT: Replaced T.Watt at half time.