Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

There was more than pantomime booing. One guy close to us was giving it

"Get tae fuck, Turnbull, ya absolute rat."

As others have pointed out, he didn't agitate publicly for a move, got us a decent transfer fee and has never dismissed his time with us. I don't like the fact he's playing for one of the Old Firm either but a "rat"? Nonsense...

Bonkers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

I felt for him a bit in that respect.  

He must be keen to get away from Parched asap, if he was playing regularly he'd be in the Scotland first team.

Be nice to see him move down South for a period and then comeback to us when he hits his early 30s. 

As much as I rate Turnbull and want to see him do well, I don’t see him getting near a Steve Clarke starting XI, even if he was playing regularly. He doesn’t do enough off the ball, nor play at the required tempo for many managers. 

It’s a shame really, I think his quality would have been far more appreciated 10-20 years ago and I’m interested to see where he ends up next. I’d say Lewis Ferguson is the lesser talent, by some distance, but he’s doing very well in Italy. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

Give it another 6 months and he'll be representing Cambusnethan Miners Club.

dont be surprised if he rocks up at cove ,,   with youngy n hartly   i beleive a move was on and either he or his agent put a stop to it ,  but harlepool for most games dont even include him in the squad so watch jake finf his true level

• Like 1

Seen Billy Davies has been linked to the Rangers job

In a way I hope Billy does not tarnish his name by joining them, although he did play for them briefly

In another way kinda think it would be funny if he was appointed, exactly not the type of manager they will be looking for 

45 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Seen Billy Davies has been linked to the Rangers job

In a way I hope Billy does not tarnish his name by joining them, although he did play for them briefly

In another way kinda think it would be funny if he was appointed, exactly not the type of manager they will be looking for 

Davies tarnished his name years ago.

McAllister - Too nice a guy

Muscat - Thug but a decent record as a Manager

Davies - Would argue with his shadow and always falls out with Board and players. There is a reason he has been unemployed for so long. Would cause havoc.

So clearly Davies is the man.

• Haha 2

I read Nevin’s book and I couldn’t help but feel Davies sounds like a guy who thrives on thinking everyone is against him and there are conspiracies everywhere surrounding him…… so Rangers sounds an ideal fit.🤣

In saying that, I’m not sure what you can expect in the way of truth and accuracy from mr pat nevin. 

1 hour ago, dennyc said:

McAllister - Too nice a guy

Muscat - Thug but a decent record as a Manager

Davies - Would argue with his shadow and always falls out with Board and players. There is a reason he has been unemployed for so long. Would cause havoc.

So clearly Davies is the man.

i maybe wrong but was davies not on " gardening leave with forrest " for a load of years

29 minutes ago, weeyin said:

If you look at Davies' track record, Nevin is spot on. 

To be fair it was one of the few things in his book I believed. I think he was trying to be tactful as well without saying he didn’t like Davies.

Nevin did love talking up his responsibility on things like youth development, which I very much believe he played little part in and deflecting player negotiations and wages to other people, which I pretty much believe he had a huge part and responsibility in.

1 hour ago, mio said:

I read Nevin’s book and I couldn’t help but feel Davies sounds like a guy who thrives on thinking everyone is against him and there are conspiracies everywhere surrounding him…… so Rangers sounds an ideal fit.🤣

In saying that, I’m not sure what you can expect in the way of truth and accuracy from mr pat nevin. 

I hope you didn't pay for the book , as the less money well fans give that wee prick the better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1