Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 17 Sep 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Had Moult 4-1 for 150 quid. Delighted we skelped them 4-2, but I hate that wee git Crawford just a wee bit more than I did this morning.

Excellent forward play in places, Moult outstanding (and credit to McGhee for not faffing about with other penalty takers), Bowman looked excellent in the air and full of running, Clay had a strong game, and Cadden was great yet again.

Concerned that we dropped as deep after our third goal, and the defensive side of our game definitely needs some solidity, and more so, general concentration.

Oh, and Imrie really is a total tit. Mouthing back to the crowd etc is fair game; unnecessarily leathering the ball in from close range is not.

Good 3 points. Could easily have scored 6 or 7 in first half. Moult made a massive difference to our alround play. The front 3 interchanged very well and moult got a little extra space by arriving late in the box at times. Second half was a bit meh but it never helped when our midfield got a bit deeper. Nit picking I know - good to beat our neighbours

What to make of that!

Fantastic to win and a fantastic feat by Louis Moult yet it was still a game that rarely were you able to fully relax and enjoy it.

The start was like a McGhee side of old. Cigars and brandy out by twenty-past three. Or so we thought. If not exactly dominant in terms of possession in the first half an hour or so we produced a clinical display o finishing. It was disappointing just how much we tailed off after that and they had already served notice a couple of times before their goal.

It was vital that we didn't concede again before half-time and got the first goal of the second period. We managed to do both and that just about saw us through. Not particularly great after we went 4-1 up and we lost more than his goalscoring threat when Moult went off around the hour mark. Again we weren't able to relax and there was once or twice at 4-2 it got a little hairy. But we got there. Brilliant to win and beat them.

There should be plenty for McGhee to work on before Thistle next week but when you've just won a derby game and seen your talismanic striker pop in a 13 minute hat-trick and go on to add another seems a bit churlish to get too wrapped up in our failings today. Well done Louis and well done Motherwell!

Churlish or not I will nit pick.In the first 30 mins or so we could have given Barca a game :biggrin:.

After that a lazy header by Tait created the opportunity for Crawford.

Don't know if Lasley was fit after last week injury, he was knackered by half time.

Defensive right side gave Accies the freedom to attack at will and we were lucky a couple of times.

Bowman doesn't have the pace of Johnson but he uses his physique well, is not knocked of the ball so easily and looks as if he is comfortable with the ball on the ground. Would be nice to see how he performs with the service Moult had.

Louis Moult finished so well today. Hope he was subbed only to prevent any recurrence of his groin problem

Heard Mcghee on radio saying he wasn't fully match fit and had decided at HT to give him another 15 mins. Also mentioned Moult feels he's moving and feeling better since the op. Should be 5 next week then

Louis Moult finished so well today. Hope he was subbed only to prevent any recurrence of his groin problem.

Accies never gave up and wee Crawford was excellent but our midfield disappeared in the second half and the pressure on our defence was nerve-wracking.

Midfield lackedany creative spark and I wish McDonald would stop blaming others for his own failings. At one point he was asking McGhee to get Ainsworth telt. Fair enough but just concentrate on your own game, Skippy. You look unfit and your passing is poor.

Is it just me or do we look less fit than last year?

Thought McDonald played really well today, myself. Shows what I know.

Cadden is so important for us with his running power.

Clay impressed today I thought as well.

Difficult day for Bowman, hopefully he'll improve.

Agree with the first 3 comments but I thought bowman played pretty hopefully more to come and the goals will come too, but he was a main part in how moult played so well, he set him up and won the penalty

I thought Bowman did well today until he tired. He lead line and allowed Moult and McDonald to play, he's a bit rough but has plenty of areas where he should improve.

Clay faded in the second half again and I think we suffered later on from not making changes as Clay, Cadden and Bowman were all burst. Sticking Lionel on the left doesn't give us any real benefit.

On chances created a draw would have been fair but it's good to see a few goals and Moult's attitude is different class. He's desperate to win and score every time he steps on the park.

• Like 2

Any neutral at today's match must have been enthralled by it...there was always something happening, end-to-end, 100mph stuff, 6 goals, some hefty challenges and a wee w****r playing leftmid for the visitors.

First word on Ali Crawford, unlike most Motherwell fans, I've actually seen a fair bit of this boy having taken a load of cuddly, wee Accies games in over the years and for me he has always stuck out like a sore thumb, I've never seen him hiding...the fact that the Accies fans don't fully appreciate him, says more about their inability to understand football than anything else. The boy is quality, in an otherwise awful team and I'd take him at Fir Park in a heartbeat.

As others have said, that 1st half hour was reminiscent of the stuff we seen from McGhees team during his first tenure, we were unplayable all over the park, first to every ball and made Accies look like the Junior team that their stature implies...Bowman was terrific and the big haddy with the beard couldn't get near him, but by f**k we've missed Louis Moult, the lad had the ball in the net 4 times in 20 minutes, his movement was fantastic....Cadden, Clay, Lasley and Skippy backed these 2 up well.

But, as with McGhees team of 2007, we seemed to either take our foot of the pedal, run out of gas or more probably, Accies changed their system and kind of got their shit together and the remainder of the match was much more nervy than it should have been, with Accies having some very decent opportunities and us also carving out some decent moves too, though I was a tad puzzled by McGhee not taking the opportunity to break up play by using his subs, particularly when the like of Skippy and Bowman were clearly shagged. As I said, it must have been a smashing match for any neutral to view.

Last word on the son of a mattress...I'm not one to get raging at a player who gives some verbals back, or even flicks the fingers at a crowd of punters who have berated him time and again, with a few obscene chants that are particularly personal, and I've always had an admiration for Imrie, both as a player ( there was a time when I'd have taken him at FP) and as a guy that seemed to revel in his villain status at Motherwell, even though it's probably started due to him being a relative local and some fans of ours having known him as a kid etc, but today he let himself down badly...he was having some verbals with some boys at the front of the East Stand, Cooper end, and when his opportunity came, he fired the ball full force into the area that the lads were sitting. The ball never hit anyone, but struck and broke a seat next to a young girl who looked about 4 or 5. He knew what he was doing and his actions were an absolute disgrace for a seasoned professional and a coach of youngsters, I'd like to think someone at Accies will be having a word in his ear about his conduct.

• Like 2

I said recently that the big weakness in our team was the wingers. Today Ainsworth was benched and Johnson gone and we were miles and miles better. Surprised to see criticism of McDonald and Bowman, McDonald was tremendous today, won lots of ball, interacted superbly with Cadden and played great balls between the centre half and the left back. Bowman did well too, linked well with Moult and won a lot of knock downs. And of course Moult had a ten out of ten performance. And Cadden, unlike Johnson, takes the ball to the byline. We just looked much, much more potent going forward.

We were overdue an enjoyable game and today delivered.

Great to have Moult back in such emphatic form and the fluidity of our play in first half hour had us all thinking back to 2007. To be fair to Accies though, they recovered well and 4-2 flattered us somewhat in the end.

Bowman looks a useful addition and it's great to see Cadden have such an impact week after week. A couple of seasons back I drew comparisons with Stevie Gerrard after an u20 game and once he sorts his final ball out, he'll do very well for himself.

Clay looks to be finding his feet and impresses today. Still fades out the game in the 2nd half but he has the makings of a decent midfielder.

Final mention to Ali Crawford, could watch him every day of the week. Lovely footballer.

Louis Moult what a guy, his energy hard work and ability brings our teams on leaps and bounds. Takes the pressure off Cadds and others around him and opens our play up.

Thought Bowman and Moult linked up extremely well and have the making of a very good forward pair.

Not feeling the love for McDonald still, thought again he was very wasteful. Admittedly when he was on the left he played better but when put back up top in the 2nd a lot of play and good opportunities broke down at him.

Agree re Ally Crawford, really surprised he is still with Accies as boy is a cracking player.

• Like 1

Brilliant start to the match today game should have been over after 20 mins but in true Motherwell fashon we gave Accies a foothold in the game the did not deserve and the last 10 mins of the 1st half we were all over the place. The only problem i saw was Tait at right back he had a nightmare,at fault for both Accies goals.

But that said you have to be happy with putting 4 past our so called rivals and giving them a real pumping. Louis Moult what can you say other than he was unplayable today 4 goals and could have had more an awesome performance. Finally i would like to mention what an obnoxious little wanker Imrie is booked once a let off another twice by that prick in charge today collum he should have been off the park.