Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 29 Oct 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Don't want to piss on your parade - but, it's featuring, erm, stalwarts like Hammell & Lasley that's seeing fans vote with their feet.

Brill in would be a welcome change, unfortunately, an ego that knows no bounds won't make that. Doesn't say much about the goalkeeping coach neither.

Don't necessarily disagree with that point but unfortunately theses guys are the best that we have.

The problem with McManus is that the idea of him does not match the reality. A big powerful ex-international, what's not to like?

I now have an irrational dislike of him so much so that him pulling his socks up after every play is beginning to annoy me.

• Like 2

That was howling the other night.

Samson out and Brill in

Bowman out and McDonald in

Ainsworth I think needs to play

Ditch the tactic of punting it long.

I don't want to see one of our strikers sitting deep.

Left midfield is a worry. MacLean gets another go but he didnt really impress upon the game enough and tended to come inside when I think we need more width.

McManus was shite but I don't see anyone else being any better unfortunately. So for now he stays.

To that end,

Brill

Tait Heneghan McManus McMillan

Lasley

Ainsworth Cadden MacLean

McDonald Moult

Edit: Similar to KMac and without even seeing the post!

Thats similar to what I'd play also, Brill should play and if McDonald and Ainsworth dont start I'm finished with MM. Only other option I would consider is Hammell if he is fit at LB and Clay or Lucas for MacLean.

I sit up the far end of the East Stand so Partick Thistle away was the first time i've seen Brill fairly close.

He's fat as fuck! I spend about five minutes wondering why some random was on the park before being told it was him. It obviously doesn't matter as much as outfielders but it suggests he's not bursting his arse to get a start.

I sit up the far end of the East Stand so Partick Thistle away was the first time i've seen Brill fairly close.

He's fat as fuck! I spend about five minutes wondering why some random was on the park before being told it was him. It obviously doesn't matter as much as outfielders but it suggests he's not bursting his arse to get a start.

Given your obsession with Higdon's weight despite his 27 goals in a season, I think I'll reserve judgement.

• Like 1

Yeah because that is exactly what we need. You would only be replacing like for like.

He commands his box , Samson does not.

He is a very good shot stopper , Samson is average.

He CAN throw a howler every few games, Samson DOES throw a howler EVERY game! I think its an upgrade! Show me a keeper who doesnt have the odd brain fart n Il show you a keeper playing far higher than MFC!!

Don't want to piss on your parade - but, it's featuring, erm, stalwarts like Hammell & Lasley that's seeing fans vote with their feet.

Brill in would be a welcome change, unfortunately, an ego that knows no bounds won't make that. Doesn't say much about the goalkeeping coach neither.

I never quite understood why, but keepers seem to be a protected species. Every team seems to be much more forgiving of poor performances before they finally make a change.

He CAN throw a howler every few games, Samson DOES throw a howler EVERY game! I think its an upgrade! Show me a keeper who doesnt have the odd brain fart n Il show you a keeper playing far higher than MFC!!

How's he been playing in the U20s? I haven't heard much, but what I have heard are comments like "not doing himself any favours". But that has been a pretty small sample size.

for me the team have struggled all season with the finaly ball into the box

build up play from the back has been good but when we get near goal it all falls apart

some of the new signing have settled in well and I hope they continue to improve

however I just get the feeling the team isn't working as a team

I am expecting another brutal game against RC and if we are luck the well will come away with 3 points (we are due some luck)

Think Cadden needs to come inside and McDonald needs to drop back to give us some pace and ball control in central midfield.

It's a real shame Dom Thomas isn't ready to step in and replace Marv Johnson, who else do we have to play left midfield?

McFadden gives us a threat from set pieces and Ainsworth is always capable of creating.

Would go with this and hope for the best.

Brill

Tait Heneghan McManus McMillan

Ainsworth Cadden McDonald Clay McFadden

Moult

Serious question - when did Brill last play in a top level match?

I'm not hugely enamored with Samson myself but McGhee will know what condition Brill is in better than us.

BTW the answer was once since the 24th of January 2015 over which time he's had two serious knee injuries.

So basically our goalkeeping saviour has been out for 21 months with a crocked knee.

I'm curious, what evidence are you basing this on? To my knowledge he has had no starts this season. As a Motherwell fan I wasn't a regular at Inverness games, however, if you were I will accept your assessment of Brill.

An average keeper who prevented us from being humiliated by Celtic the other week. And before you mention the penalty, McManus (?) was just as culpable as Samson.

He CAN throw a howler every few games, Samson DOES throw a howler EVERY game! I think its an upgrade!

Again what evidence are you basing this on? Keepers make mistakes, players make mistakes. It’s just a fact that when a keeper makes a mistake, there is a strong chance that it will result in a goal. Celtic keeper Craig Gordon is just as likely to make a mistake as Samson, however, he gets paid ten times as much.

In my opinion Samson and Brill are both average SPL keepers. I can base this on the fact that If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be playing for us.

The problem with McManus is that the idea of him does not match the reality. A big powerful ex-international, what's not to like?

I now have an irrational dislike of him so much so that him pulling his socks up after every play is beginning to annoy me.

I agree with this, and I am absolutely gutted to. I really liked him with Celtic and Scotland, and was genuinely delighted when we got him, even in the downswing of his career, but he's been absolutely cack, and appears to have the heart, wit and nous of a small rodent.

• Like 1

I'm one of the many who have not been impressed by Samson but there must be a reason why Brill hasn't been given his chance and only the management team will know that. I think the defence picks itself for tomorrow as does the strikeforce (Moult & MacDonald) but the midfield is another matter entirely. I'd start with Cadden wide right and Ainsworth wide left but beyond that......

• Like 1

I have saw Brill in the u20s v Dundee Utd this year, made a few saves but wasn't tested, seemed to command box well. Samson was never going to be popular. I think Brill would be a better fit for our defence as I think a poor keeper effects our centre halves confidence and Samson fills us all with the fear so must effect our players too, I think his saves against Celtic will keep his place for a few weeks

I have saw Brill in the u20s v Dundee Utd this year, made a few saves but wasn't tested, seemed to command box well.

I think you are getting too fixated on Samson. As far as I can tell there is no evidence to suggest that Brill is any better than him. As I said previously, in my opinion Samson and Brill are both average SPFL keepers. Making an assessment of a keeper in a u20s game where he hasn’t been tested reveals nothing.

• Like 1

My Caley supporting mates still cant believe Brill is here sitting on the bench. Their description is a big unit who commands his box, very good shot stopper but prone to chuck in a howler every few games. Surely he is what we need just now? Cause Samson is fuckin brutal

Brill isn't part of the clique. Simples.

I think you are getting too fixated on Samson. As far as I can tell there is no evidence to suggest that Brill is any better than him. As I said previously, in my opinion Samson and Brill are both average SPFL keepers. Making an assessment of a keeper in a u20s game where he hasnt been tested reveals nothing.

I did say wasn't tested, my point is Samson is poor and Brill should be given a chance then I can judge him. Not sure how that is fixated. I think he is a weak link and we should try and improve that issue

• Like 1

I think you are getting too fixated on Samson. As far as I can tell there is no evidence to suggest that Brill is any better than him. As I said previously, in my opinion Samson and Brill are both average SPFL keepers. Making an assessment of a keeper in a u20s game where he hasn’t been tested reveals nothing.

I agree, both are probably average spfl goalkeepers in slightly different ways. Samson - over his career mostly playing at a higher level than Brill, and Brill taking a step up from England and coming off the back of a few good seasons at a high performing ICT.

To me that just illustrates the point. Despite Samson's consistent 'could have done better' performances peppered with the odd clanger, we continue to persevere despite having a back-up keeper who should be easily competing for that spot.

I can only think he's not performing in training, his injuries have reduced to him to nothing more than a second choice at this level or Mcghee genuinely thinks Samson is doing well.

• Like 1