Scottish Cup - Fourth Round Rangers V Motherwell Sat 21 Jan 12:30

Toxteth O'Grady

Motherwell are feckin useless at seeing games out, losing late goals to a 37 year old again, 1 would have been bad enough but 2 is a feckin disgrace. Got our goal and then shat it big time seems to be the Motherwell way at Ibrox, that playoff win seems a lifetime ago now.

For all his faults, Baraclough won us the playoff game because he went there with the right attitude - not the jaded approach taken by McGhee and McCall with their "need them to have an off day" patter and then line up too defensively.

If we'd just turn up and get stuck in we couldn't have a worse record in the last 20+ years than we do now, but for some reason successive managers think changing tactics that see us consistently lose is the way to play.

• Like 3

Early 70's 2-1 up at firpark Rangers equalise late on and win the replay 4-2 at Ibrox .

1975 2 up at Hampden in the semis Gers win 3-2

1992 as holders we go to Ibrox score first then lose the match 2-1

Then there was the famous Steve Woods game when he gifted Rangers a late equaliser and the won the replay.

Then we saw Terry Butchers young side 2-1 up at half time and playing Rangers of the park....we lost 4-3.

Today we witnessed the most recent kick in the baws when we are 1-0 up with five tae go and lose 2-1.

Season well and truly over ! No matter how much things change ,they remain the same. Totally sick and scunnered .

We need to drop this 'season over, chat.

Staying in the top flight is essential this year and if the players start thinking the season is over the Championship beckons.

It's over in the sense we've nothing really to be positive about ,look forward to a relegation dog fight which is on the cards if you want ,for me, as Roy Orbison sang, " it's over". Anyway you won't get much positively on here now after today.

Fucking devastated. Never in any danger for most of second half and 2 defensive mistakes, fucks us up. McManus runs out after the Fat boy crosses it leaving the rest of the defence standing, just stay where you are and head it away. What the fuck was he trying for the pass for the second goal- your not Baressi yah fucking diddy just get it into the stand.

How come our 30 somethings fall apart and are breathing out their arses in the last 10 mins when Miller comes alive. Not good enough and can you imagine what Mpult must be thinking? he burst his guts on his own for 70 odd minutes and scores a great goal only to be let down by someone probably earning twice his pay. He will be off as soon as he has a decent offer.

Complete shite.

Absolutely gutted for McGhee in particular. Thought his tactical planning was spot on. Let them have possession most the game then go after it with 20 mins left. Let down by shite McManus pass even though I thought his passing out the back had been brilliant all day. Shame but certainly a solid performance from most of the boys

• Like 1

Any defeat after being 1-0 up with ten to go is devastating but to lose to those bastards is beyond devastating. I hate them with a vengeance. On my way home from the pub I was listening to the tam news from other ties and I switched it off. Just can't bear to think we are out and have no interest in the cup now when others have yet to play. Gutted.

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted for McGhee in particular. Thought his tactical planning was spot on. Let them have possession most the game then go after it with 20 mins left. Let down by shite McManus pass even though I thought his passing out the back had been brilliant all day. Shame but certainly a solid performance from most of the boys

That's a decent assessment, but I'll take results over performance especially in a cup tie. But your comments are pretty much on the money.

We were poor first half and dragged them down a bit second half. We shouldn't have lost after scoring in 75 minutes but they scored one good goal and McManus fucked up after being outstanding for the last few months.

Chalmers is never cut out for this level and Clay is the invisible man. Tait can't handle anyone running at him. Postives were McHugh and Lasley looking like they could be a good partnership, McHugh provides the security and Keith wins the ball.

Strangely came away from Ibrox not as gutted as you would expect.

I wasn't particularly keen on McGhee's tactics but I can understand he setup that way, unfortunately though we didn't have the players to execute the plan with Chalmers, Clay and Tait not up to the required standard. Having said that I felt relatively confident after Moult's textbook header, particularly with McDonald on the pitch.

Just need to move on now, hopefully the blue pounds earned today can sort out our left hand side and keep us out a relegation battle.