Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Rangers Sat 28 Jan 12:30

Yabba's Turd

I am also strangely optimistic about this game. Although whenever I've been optimistic about these games we lose (and usually badly) :(

Intae them!

Any time I feel optimistic about a fixture against one of the OF, it usually ends in a disappointing routine 2-0 win for them.

:(

Heard interview of McManus...who doesn't train on a Monday???

Mind games. At this stage of the season a day off here and there shouldn't affect their physical fitness, so the coaching staff is trying to clear their heads ready for doing them over on Saturday.

McDonald was on Radio Scotland on Monday and said they'd had a really good training session and "all the boys were really up for it".

He also held his hands up and said he was trying to pass and made a mess of the late chance and that McManus was really down after the game. Probably stating the obvious but plenty on here seemed to think he wouldn't be that bothered.

Actually went mental at McManus at time but then later on thought how he must be feeling as never deliberately made mistake and felt he would be more gutted than anybody. Anybody whose played team sport has made errors and I know how I felt when you feel let whole team down so I'm over it and hope we use that terrible feeling from last week and channel it in the right way tomorrow .This game is winnable and we will create chances we just need to make sure we take them .

• Like 1

this current rangers team is average at best,i will be pissed off if mcghee doesnt pick an attacking line up tomorrow as there really is no need for anything else when playing this mob at home.if we approach it like we did the celtic game at home especially in the first half i think we will win this.

Same old, same old tomorrow, or are we going to stop gift wrapping goals to the Old Firm? Hopefully it has finally sunk in (I doubt it ever will) that we need to put a stop to this historical blight on our game.

I don't think anything needs to sink in. Mistakes happen for a variety of reasons and each circumstance is different.

We've lost late goals because we've spent the last 15 minutes of a game blootering it up the park and never releasing the pressure. Others (Saturday) we've tried to retain possession and calmly build from the back. It's down to individual errors and mistakes aren't necessarily a result of bad decision making. Saturday was a tired pass from a footballer who had spent the previous 90 minutes having to be more mentally and physically alert than in almost every other game of the season. Fatigue sets in and we don't have the depth on the bench to bring on effective fresh legs.

We're just playing with what we've got - a realisation that we need to stop conceding late goals is an irrelevance in my opinion.

• Like 1