Scottish Premiership Ross County V Motherwell Tue 31 Jan 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Are we appealing just so that he can play V Ross county, not really expecting it to be overturned ?

Doubt it, is there not a financial penalty for unsuccessful appeals?

I think it's quite clearly a 50/50 decision so the club are probably trying their luck a wee bit. I think having Skippy out for two of the hard games is going to be a harder hit than him missing county.

I don't think we are playing the system. The camera angle from the dugout side shows a different view from that which the referee had. In my opinion that view showed two players going for a sliding challenge and their momentum brought them together. McDonald won the ball, didn't leave the ground and didn't have a straight leg - not a red card and not a frivolous challenge to me.

I don't think it is, was just a suggestion the SFA could deem it frivolous.

If Kiernan is the precedent, it was barely a yellow.

In my opinion it was a stick on yellow, but you could argue he did leave a bit on him with the follow through, I doubt we'll win the appeal.

There was one point on Saturday in the first half where we countered. McDonald had the ball and Chalmers was going full tilt up the left.

Genuinely looked like he was pulling a caravan through treacle while wearing concrete boots.

I think he put in 3 crosses before he was subbed off.

First one was underhit, second one overhit and the third was just shite.

Not that I'm a Chalmers fan boy or anything, but the guy's a defender/defensive midfielder. Expecting him to produce a left wing performance is like asking Lionel to play centre half.

I'd agree with this. We've seen on occasion this season McDonald play wide on the left, and Moult wide on the right. Unsurprisingly, they've been pretty shit at it.

Chalmers actually did (relatively) ok in his few appearances at left-back prior to his injury. He'll never go down as one of the first on the team sheet, but it's incredibly harsh to judge him for doing the best he can at left-midfield.

Hopefully see some new faces tonight. Squad needs some fresh ideas cos this season just ain't happening so far

No wonder, poor and complacent attitudes.

McGhee transcript from this morning's roll call:

Scott, head alright to play tonight? - "probably ok boss"

Hammy, do you have your big weigh in tonight or you coming? - "can I come with yous that way I've got an excuse for missing class"

Clay can we get another 50mins out you pal?

Lionel, don't care, you are there to keep the tea coming for your colleagues!

Jacob. Jacob...get him on the phone. Jacob game the night pal? - "Aye no worries invite when ur in boss. I'm just playing Jamie on it the now, beating him 2-1"

Ryan, you coming the night buddy? - "all raring to go boss"

[damn it] you can stay home if you want?

Elliot, I know you wanted a couple of training sessions but they're not planned until next Thursday. I explicitly said hit the ground running, you in tonight then?? - "ok boss"

Lee, I know your still stunned with the new Deal, but can we count on you tonight? - "feeling some aches boss"

Has Chalmers trimmed that Bush yet? If he has he might pass as a footballer...let's take him

• Like 1