Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are PSL and what is their role?

EDIT: Also, what does this bit mean?

They are only gonna do the kit for the 1st team? What about our other squads?

PSL are Provan Sports Limite. I'm sure they'll provide more than just the 1st team!! I think everyone is examining the release far too much looking for any possible wee flaw. A few years ago XARA provided the first team squad while Diadora did the youth squads, is that a massive problem to you?

I see also that you can buy the 'real' team shirts in the Portsmouth store, in addition to the usual replicas, for £100 a pop-- wonder if we'll be doing the same?!

More than likely. The replica Scotland strips are normally £50, with the pro tops being £90.

I wonder if stocking the Dalziel rugby stuff has had anything to do with this.

probably. Provan Sports supply kit for quite a few clubs (not just rugby) and they are all canterbury.

I'm quite pleased to learn about this. They've done a sound job for Pompey and Alkmaar. I bought the home shirt before the masters and lost it on the same day at a party so i'm not so bothered about the whole thing but i can understand people's anger. That said, it sounds like Bukta have failed us rather miserably and if it was financially too good a deal for us to turn down, i'd have been more disappointed with the club for failing to take that step. Look forward to seeing the new merch.

I'm sure the club always intended to announce this right now and in no way allow PSL to fleece the fans?

Was told this news started breaking at the home cup tie, I heard it on the way to new Love street, but dismissed it because I had been in the club shop that very day and the Bukta gear was still full price, seriously considered buying a top that day but In the end decided the price was still too high.

I'm a little surprised at the spin being put on how good a deal this is for the club to the point of almost accepting year on year changes are the acceptable norm, The fans are the club and the fans have shelled out a lot of money in the last few years with the way events have unrolled.

PSL I'd expect to have had a very profitable time from the last few years association with MFC and as an independent company I'd expect them to continue pushing for changes to allow them to continue making those personal gains however I'd expect Motherwell Foootball Club to at least every now and again step back and consider their supporters and themselves as if those same supporters are shelling out £50-£100 on a couple of strips per household every summer I can't see many of the same supporters being able to shell out similar amounts on grass seed or whatever the next plan is?

I wonder if they would consider selling tops with no advertising to save changing next summer again? at the very least no advertising or branding on the Kids tops

PSL are Provan Sports Limite. I'm sure they'll provide more than just the 1st team!! I think everyone is examining the release far too much looking for any possible wee flaw. A few years ago XARA provided the first team squad while Diadora did the youth squads, is that a massive problem to you?

I was merely asking a question mate, fucking hell! Enquiring minds and that. Tanks for clearing up the PSL thing though - I ought to have guessed that for msyelf.

Looking forward to seeing the new kit design! The Dalziel one is cracking!

Any ideas as to when we are likely to see the snippets of the new top? Hope it is done like the Scotland ones, with wee sections of the top being publicised at a time.......builds the excitement and ensures that the new top is highly talked off/speculated at!

PSL I'd expect to have had a very profitable time from the last few years association with MFC and as an independent company I'd expect them to continue pushing for changes to allow them to continue making those personal gains however I'd expect Motherwell Foootball Club to at least every now and again step back and consider their supporters and themselves as if those same supporters are shelling out £50-£100 on a couple of strips per household every summer I can't see many of the same supporters being able to shell out similar amounts on grass seed or whatever the next plan is?

Bit of an accusation there mate - that I don't think any of us could make without being 'in the know'

Looking forward to seeing the new kit design! The Dalziel one is cracking!

Any ideas as to when we are likely to see the snippets of the new top? Hope it is done like the Scotland ones, with wee sections of the top being publicised at a time.......builds the excitement and ensures that the new top is highly talked off/speculated at!

Are you talking about the rugby ones or the football ones finz?

Bit of an accusation there mate - that I don't think any of us could make without being 'in the know'

Eh? No.

No accusation only my thoughts on what an independant retailer should be doing hence the 'I'd' which when broken down means I would then the next bit expands that to, I would expect them to.

But aye if you want an accusation, PSL are in it, for the good of their business

I can't see the problem in changing strips every year? If you can't afford it don't buy it. No one is forcing you.

Some people are acting like they instantly can't wear the old one cos its not the most up to date. Your still gona be allowed into Fir Park with it on you kno!

This is the first time I've been genuinly excited about a new stip in years. Decent manufacturer and decent looking sponsor for the first time in donkeys!

The only thing is I bet it's pretty tight fitting! Gonna have to get this belly shifted for the start of next season! ;)

No, but parents will be continually nagged by their kids to get the latest.

Which, as has been said before, they will do for anything from computer games to trainers!

Why should we turn turn what could be an extremely useful cash injection just so folk with kids don't have to say no to their weans?

Which, as has been said before, they will do for anything from computer games to trainers!

Why should we turn turn what could be an extremely useful cash injection just so folk with kids don't have to say no to their weans?

less of the common sense, please ;) !!!

People give into their kids far too easily, my wee boy has the Anglian home strip because I refused to buy the current strip with 'PHIL' on it because I thought it was tacky.

Hopefully, Canterbury will come up with a better idea than that.

Eh? No.

No accusation only my thoughts on what an independant retailer should be doing hence the 'I'd' which when broken down means I would then the next bit expands that to, I would expect them to.

But aye if you want an accusation, PSL are in it, for the good of their business

They're hardly independant though. they're on-site as MFC's merchandiser and I imagine their taking a lot of the overheads away from MFC - that's good because at least there's a shop you can look around and things most of us would want to buy - I remember when at best you got to look in a widow to a room in the corner of the main stand (I also remember further back when we had a The Fir Park Shop on Windmillhill St - that was a belter).

I reckon it'll be pretty much a partnership and most MFC related products that's in the shop will need to be signed off by the club.

I love Fender Telecasters - you don't see folk burnin their 2008 deluxe USA tele in the street because Fender have brought out a new range in 2009 or chucking their i-phone at Steve Jobs.

I understand the concerns being raised, but I think we're judging MFC harsher than we would any other retailer - computer games, cars, mp3 player etc etc. We all go crazy and buy the latest / upgrade our old ones. But judge MFC a bit more harshly.

It sounds as if Bukta in the background have maybe failed to meet expectations - so someone new is on-board - that's the way I'm reading it nothing sinister.

We didn't (at least, I didn't). I was answering a question. I don't care, because I don't have kids and will never buy another 'Well (or any other team's) shirt again. They are overpriced and often fade, rip or fall apart with minimal use.

The cash injection, however, is relying on our supporters paying over the odds for a shirt that is likely to change every year. So if some of the weans don't get their way, then sponsorships like this will soon dry up.

In response to Fraz's point about the charter, we have tried to follow its guidelines by consulting the fans at the earliest possible opportunity. MFC/PSL could've remained silent about the deal, allowed fans to continue to purchase tops then spring it at the end of the season.

There's a very big difference between consulting with the fans and telling the fans what's going to happen. Fair enough the club have came out and been upfront with the changes but the strip designs appear to have been finalised with no discussion with the fans.

I love Fender Telecasters - you don't see folk burnin their 2008 deluxe USA tele in the street because Fender have brought out a new range in 2009 or chucking their i-phone at Steve Jobs.

Aye but if you know yer Tele's a '52 vintage is the original and best. If ye canny do it on one of those, give up. Extending the analogy to footy shirts, everyone should be happy with a vintage 50's top no? Except the dynamics a wee bit different, and everyone has to have the latest model. Understand why folk are a bit scunnered but the flipside is it's a massive feather in our cap to get a decent kit from a well-known prestige manufacturer on board. No' sure how a compression fit top will look on the more generously proportioned of the home support though...... :lol:

Instead, we've announced it as early as was possible and slashed the current stock in the Club Shop.

Going by the above post and the shop website stating "All Bukta merchandise reduced to clear", I would have expected to see the stock reduced by more than the current half price.

I realise PSL are trying to make as much as they possibly can from the Bukta stock, but I can't see a great deal of shirts selling at £20.

Price them at £10 each and you'd probably get a good few people buying them for playing 5-a-sides.