Canterbury

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, got a reply. Nothing new , but an interesting wee bit...

Hi Kylie

Your request has been passed to me to offer some insight as to how we at Canterbury look at developing a new design of football stripes for our sponsored teams.

Motherwell FC is our most recent acquisition and we are currently working on a new deign for this coming season 09-10.

One of the main reasons that Canterbury were chosen to become the official kit supplier to the club was our development of technical fabrics which traditionally were used in the advancement of products used in Rugby where the stresses and strains of this sport were tested to the full.

All our fabrics are tested at the highest level to ensure that when we put our brand name on a product the customer can be confident in the knowledge that they are buying a top quality performance garment.

Our most famous football club is Portsmouth FC who play in the Premier League. The introduction of “Base Layer” fabric being used as a playing shirt enabled us to take the lead in offering the most technically advanced product in the Premier League. The fact that they won the FA cup last year saw our product displayed all over the world.

Motherwell FC will also wear our Base Layer fabric for the first time in July. unfortunately we are unable to show you these designs as they have not yet been launched, but watch out for kits to light up the Scottish Premier League soon.

In terms of the actual design of the home shirt we worked very closely with the club so that we understood their requirements and desires. We have incorporated a key design feature into the shirt which the fans will love.

I hope that this has given you a quick insight as our development process. We are already working on new designs for next year 10-11.

We will keep you posted.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards

XXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Head of Football.

:(

That key design feature will surely be either:

A. A claret hoop

or

B. Uncle Phil's autograph

EDIT: already working on new designs for 10-11 season? So that means the new kit will only last a year again... sigh!

That key design feature will surely be either:

A. A claret hoop

or

B. Uncle Phil's autograph

I'm fairly confident it'll be A :( I do hope it's not B, by next season I'd like to think the club will have moved on enough to not feel the need for that.

EDIT: already working on new designs for 10-11 season? So that means the new kit will only last a year again... sigh!

is the Jaxx deal up at the end of the season? Also, that could be a general, we are coming up with our generic designs for the following season.

This is brought up all the time. Read it FFS.

Both home and away replica strips designs will normally have a life span of two seasons, unless changes are enforced due to contractual obligations. It will be appreciated that changes in sponsor or manufacturer makes it impossible to guarantee a two year minimum period.

These changes once a year are due to contractual obligations, so why do you moan?? Anyway I'm sure the club will be working on a 1 year extension with JAXX or Canterbury.

You also use the word "conveniently", what exactly are you implying??

This is brought up all the time. Read it FFS.

These changes once a year are due to contractual obligations, so why do you moan?? Anyway I'm sure the club will be working on a 1 year extension with JAXX or Canterbury.

You also use the word "conveniently", what exactly are you implying??

There are many things that can and should be levelled at the club.

insinuating that they deliberately meddle with timing of deals with shirt sponsors and kit suppliers to fleece the fans is one I'm not quite with you on Frazzle me old son!

i hope that when it comes to renegotiating for sponsorship then they coincide it with the supposed on time releases of the shirts.

Although, perhaps the club are happy to keep it like this as it's a little extra revenue for them? I wouldn't begrudge them that.

We'll struggle to get a sponsor if JAXX don't renew this time IMO, we could end up sponsorless!

In any particular year - Buy the shirt / don't buy the shirt.

I've followed 'well for 35 years - sometimes you get the shirt sometimes you don't.

I reckon there are more important things in life believe it or not - it's not a gun to the head thing.

If all this 'deliberate' messing about with timing impacts shirt sales overall - it will be 'well, provan and CCC that suffer not you or I.

Conspiracy, Schponspiracy!

I can see some peoples point of view about potentially having a new shirt every season, particularly those people who are maybe buying for a couple of kids as well, paying £30 - £40 a pop.

But for others, I wonder how many of them would happily go out every other weekend and easily blow that amount to piss it up against a wall, but begrudge paying for a top that will last a minimum of 12 months.

Where did I say anything about deliberate? All I said was that it's convenient, which can't be denied. I don't grudge the club any extra money - quite the opposite in fact, and I almost always buy both home and away shirts - and I probably will again this time round.

What I'll also say is that, while the fans charter has been largely ignored over the last few years, I feel that the current regime, and Leann Dempster in particular, have been excellent in their communication and consultation with the fans so far. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm very happy with the way things seem to be going off the park at the moment.

So - does that post make me sound like less of a conspiracy theorist?

Frazzle

Where did I say anything about deliberate? All I said was that it's convenient, which can't be denied. I don't grudge the club any extra money - quite the opposite in fact, and I almost always buy both home and away shirts - and I probably will again this time round.

What I'll also say is that, while the fans charter has been largely ignored over the last few years, I feel that the current regime, and Leann Dempster in particular, have been excellent in their communication and consultation with the fans so far. Rome wasn't built in a day, but I'm very happy with the way things seem to be going off the park at the moment.

You didn't need to use the word deliberately, as the poster states the implication was there with your sarcastic use of the word 'conveniently'

So - does that post make me sound like less of a conspiracy theorist

Yes, but not any less of a clown.