S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Interesting to hear he got the Blackburn job by being willing to take the job for less than half of Warnock's salary though.

If it's true, and that is the only reason he got the job, then yes.

If it has the same value as most of the rumours on here, then probably not.

Blackburn have been in chaos since the Venky acquisition and with something like 8 managers in 7 years, I imagine anyone will struggle there.

Blackburn Rovers fan in peace - avoid Owen Coyle at all cost an absolutely terrible manager, players here complained his training was lax no tactical and very little fitness work done. The guy doesn't have a plan A let alone a plan B really poor use of subs no game management etc, that's before you have to listen to his disproportionately excuse-ridden, unfoundedly optimistic but hollow psycho-babble blether. Nothing to do with his Burnley connections he is just a really poor failed manager who best days are long behind him.

We are a shambles of a football club and Owen Coyle mirrored that, he got the gig as he offered to work on less than half of what the club was preparing to offer Warnock the guys a desperado I wouldn't wish on anyone.

I've got to add Coyle is a 1/2 season wonder I don't think he's been at a club more than 2 seasons. If so I'm sure someone on here will

be able to correct me.

I've got to add Coyle is a 1/2 season wonder I don't think he's been at a club more than 2 seasons. If so I'm sure someone on here will

be able to correct me.

He lasted 116 games at Burnley (42.24% win), 126 at Bolton (33.33%), 23 at Wigan (30.43%), 49 at Houston Dynamo (32.65%) and 37 at Blackburn (29.73%).

The last job he was in where you'd be able to say he was "successful" was Burnley, though again you probably need to factor in the situations and relative expectations at the likes of Bolton, Wigan and Blackburn. Not to mention the league they're playing in.

These sort of stats whilst broadly informative don't really say that much, though clearly only lasting 37 games at a club before being emptied is hardly a ringing endorsement;

McCall had 133 games at Bradford with a win % of 34.59% before he took over at Fir Park while the first time round McGhee had 139 games at Brighton with 28.78% win rate. He came in and took a side that had finished 10th the previous season to 3rd place and Europe.

• Like 1

If it's true, and that is the only reason he got the job, then yes.

If it has the same value as most of the rumours on here, then probably not.

Blackburn have been in chaos since the Venky acquisition and with something like 8 managers in 7 years, I imagine anyone will struggle there.

Its a tough gig, as a club we are a shambles bleeding money, fans etc ( attendances down by 15000 ) spending £1.30 for every £1 generated its a slippery slope. Owners who haven't been for 3 years that said the squad whilst not brilliant does have a bit of quality a half decent manager would have had the club lower mid table.

The rumour which was rife at brockhall was he was earning something like 2/3k a week, he was certainly a very cheap option and that's why he got the gig. His style of training is table tennis competitions and a maccies for the winner did it a Wigan and Bolton, the players at Rovers liked him as a bloke but had no respect for him or his methods.

At the very best he would give you a short term bounce ( he never did at rovers ) before it all collapses around him. If you do appoint him I really hope he takes Stokes with him!

Its a tough gig, as a club we are a shambles bleeding money, fans etc ( attendances down by 15000 ) spending £1.30 for every £1 generated its a slippery slope. Owners who haven't been for 3 years that said the squad whilst not brilliant does have a bit of quality a half decent manager would have had the club lower mid table.

The rumour which was rife at brockhall was he was earning something like 2/3k a week, he was certainly a very cheap option and that's why he got the gig. His style of training is table tennis competitions and a maccies for the winner did it a Wigan and Bolton, the players at Rovers liked him as a bloke but had no respect for him or his methods.

At the very best he would give you a short term bounce ( he never did at rovers ) before it all collapses around him. If you do appoint him I really hope he takes Stokes with him!

That part's interesting as it's pretty much the antithesis of what the club has been trying to promote through the age groups here with Strength & Conditioning staff being brought in and our Chief Operating Officer on record talking about the desire to develop players as athletes etc. The development of Cadden in that respect over the past year is the obvious example of that put into practice.

I'd imagine that as a club we'd have a clear idea of the qualities/methods we'd be looking for in a manager tbh and we'd be wanting to make sure that whoever is appointed is on the same page.

I always wonder how people on messageboards are able to speak of things like ping pong tourneys and Owen Coyle taking Charlie Mulgrew for a happy meal....

Probably off the back of stuff like this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bolton-skipper-kevin-davies-reveals-3345512

Referenced here as well: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377396/Owen-Coyle-exclusive-Boltons-manager-FA-Cup-semi-final.html

Fair enough, that's pretty solid evidence :biggrin:

The way it was originally presented above would suggest that table tennis was being done at the expense of proper training, whereas that article suggests it's being done in spare time. It was more the McDonald's bit that got me.....how anyone can be that specific I don't know, especially when any account I've heard of Coyle suggests he's quite health conscious.

I've seen our players talk about playing each other at table tennis on twitter before and Stuart McCall always came across as "one of the lads" and he enjoyed a fair bit of success as manager, so it wouldn't overly concern me.

• Like 1

Fair enough, that's pretty solid evidence :biggrin:

The way it was originally presented above would suggest that table tennis was being done at the expense of proper training, whereas that article suggests it's being done in spare time. It was more the McDonald's bit that got me.....how anyone can be that specific I don't know, especially when any account I've heard of Coyle suggests he's quite health conscious.

I've seen our players talk about playing each other at table tennis on twitter before and Stuart McCall always came across as "one of the lads" and he enjoyed a fair bit of success as manager, so it wouldn't overly concern me.

Absolutely. I just added another link in there as well.

Completely agree but you can imagine how it works, team isn't performing or the manager is struggling? It's because they're playing table tennis on a Monday. It becomes an involuntary association for fans. Dare I mention Stjarnan and footgolf?

• Like 1

Always found it funny during the Footgolf 'incident' that people hooked on to it and started blaming it. Down time and 'other' activities have always been a part of pre-season...even McGhee's much heralded Austrian pre-season. It just wasn't documented. We might not have been fit enough - but it wasn't due an hour of footgolf being played.

The club, I am sure, have learned their lesson from that and there will be no more fun videos. Pure fitness propaganda all the way promoting 23 hours of running and circuits a day.

• Like 1

The club, I am sure, have learned their lesson from that and there will be no more fun videos. Pure fitness propaganda all the way promoting 23 hours of running and circuits a day.

It would be better if they learned their lesson and actually brought the players back on a date that allowed them to be fit for our first competitive game.

I'm sure I've heard Coyle say in the past he wasn't interested in managing in Scotland and he was settled in England.

Of course now his career is on the slid it might be different.

Good player but I don't have a good feeling about him as a manager. I don't think he'd be interested any way.

I'm sure I've heard Coyle say in the past he wasn't interested in managing in Scotland and he was settled in England.

Of course now his career is on the slid it might be different.

Good player but I don't have a good feeling about him as a manager. I don't think he'd be interested any way.

Probably around this time? Went on record saying he kb'd Celtic to stay at Burnley. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/owen-coyle-celtic-offered-me-managers-1047452

Cragen - Robinson (head coaching staff)

Kenny Sheils - Director of football to include community development and overseeing the youth program.

I think Kenny would be a great fit for our club (obviously ban him from interviews). What a mentor to the coaching staff.

Great experience at Tranmere, N.Ireland & Kilie. After his sack at Kilie he was constantly on the playing field of Ayrshire

offering help & advice to the coaches and the kids - that's exactly the ethos we need at MFC.

Society is changing dramatically and we must accept this and reform the structure of the club. One man in charge is not

the way forward and if anything Mcgee (I'm not talking to him cause he didn't shake my hand) is old hat and his ways are done.

The demographics of a footballer has changed, no longer is it the thick kid who couldn't do anything else so became a footballer.

We have under 20's at MFC with 5 A highers now and they are not going to accept watching certain players at our club that

nobody knows how they get a game. What is happening and will continue to happen is these guys will go part time 2 leagues

down and go to university. The Youth is our future and we should now lead the way, make other clubs envious at our development

and success rate. We should as MFC supporters watch with pride as one of our ex players scores for Scotland or Man U.

Its time for common sense and forward thinking. Not old time growling has been's. These kids won't respect that and are not scared of that anymore.

Let the people speak and the board listen.

It was about being unfit and the worst result in the club's history.

I'm surprised that you consider the Stjarnan result to be the worst in the club's history. They were definitely more than a flash in the pan, they went on to put out Lech Poznan in the next round.

The fitness thing is another question though, and that plagued us for the whole season. We were lucky to finish so high up the league.

• Like 1

Whatever people thought about Craig Brown he came in and sorted out the defence and made us hard to beat. Thats what we need right now,from whoever takes over.

I hear what you are saying but not even Fabio Capello could make a competent backline for us!

Our strength should be attack, to me that has to be the focus, certainly for home games in which we need all 9 points before the split.

If we make every game a slugfest / brawl, while I am sure there will be some more bruises, we have better chance of winning games. Trying to keeep it tight didn't work for McGhee, we need to start having a go at teams.

Cragen - Robinson (head coaching staff)

Kenny Sheils - Director of football to include community development and overseeing the youth program.

I think Kenny would be a great fit for our club (obviously ban him from interviews). What a mentor to the coaching staff.

Great experience at Tranmere, N.Ireland & Kilie. After his sack at Kilie he was constantly on the playing field of Ayrshire

offering help & advice to the coaches and the kids - that's exactly the ethos we need at MFC.

Society is changing dramatically and we must accept this and reform the structure of the club. One man in charge is not

the way forward and if anything Mcgee (I'm not talking to him cause he didn't shake my hand) is old hat and his ways are done.

The demographics of a footballer has changed, no longer is it the thick kid who couldn't do anything else so became a footballer.

We have under 20's at MFC with 5 A highers now and they are not going to accept watching certain players at our club that

nobody knows how they get a game. What is happening and will continue to happen is these guys will go part time 2 leagues

down and go to university. The Youth is our future and we should now lead the way, make other clubs envious at our development

and success rate. We should as MFC supporters watch with pride as one of our ex players scores for Scotland or Man U.

Its time for common sense and forward thinking. Not old time growling has been's. These kids won't respect that and are not scared of that anymore.

Let the people speak and the board listen.

That reads like a trade union election address

• Like 1