S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

Has McFadden's role been made more difficult by Robinson coming in on an 18-month contract? McGhee's deal was up at the end of this season meaning they both (you'd have to imagine) were aware that relative success was vital in ensuring they would remain in their posts beyond then.

Now you've got the situation where's the a degree of uncertainty for McFadden that regardless of how thing go there's always the chance that Robinson just brings in his own man and deems him surplus to requirements. Well aware we don't have a bottomless pit of funds, but I struggle with the scenario of appointing a new manager and not letting him bring in his own assistant, or should it have been the case that Robinson believed McFadden was the ideal assistant, then his deal should have been extended at that time too.

Regarding McFadden, I remember during one of his interviews soon after his appointment, Robinson said that he would remain as assistant until the end of the season. Which made me think the plan was for him to bring in his own man after that.

I had faith in McGhee pretty much up until the Dundee game, and of course whilst we don't know how this interview has been spun, whether he's right or wrong it doesn't sit well with me at all.

On the eve of the biggest game of the season he will surely be aware that his intervention will be of no benefit to his former coaching colleagues or the players who were under his charge.

Given the timing I'm inclined to think it's no accident this has appeared now and doesn't reflect well on him at all.

Not watched the McGhee interview but reading the copy it seems quite remiss of them not to have at the very least highlighted that he'd have been suspended for 6 games regardless. Since the Dundee game we've won 2, drawn 2 and lost 5 so it's hardly a bold claim for him to say he may have picked up a few more points than Robinson has. He may have, he may not.

However if your side has been scudded 7-2 and 5-1 in quick succession and had an aggregate of 17-3 against over the space of 4 games AND you're looking at a suspension ruling you out from the dug out for half your remaining fixtures you're really in no position to whinge about getting your jotters tbh.

I see McGhee is on the BBC webpage saying that the club were too hasty in sacking him, given recent performances under Robinson he might have a point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39898359

It's impossible to say if McGhee would have kept us up but I've said it before and I'll say it again - McGhee is the only manager who has done anything other than scrap along the bottom with Austerity Motherwell.

Personally I think he should have been given at least one more game, the match at Kilmarnock, but the supporter reaction to the Dundee match really panicked the club into making the choice that they did.

What was that choice? To replace McGhee with a vastly inferior manager.

Since then we have dropped to second bottom, our goal difference is worse and our points per match average has basically stayed the same (actually decreased by a very small margin) despite having an easier run of matches. Our performances have been poorer over a more sustained period and in actuality changing the manager hasn't made any positive impact.

Given McGhee's record, and the clear lack of potential quality replacements, I think we were a little bit hasty in the decision. However it's also true that McGhee's behaviour had become erratic and bizarre and he seemed to have lost the players. Was it a phase or something more serious? We'll never know because history didn't transpire that way.

The only thing bigger than McGhee's ego is his mouth.

He might have kept us up though, but it's all whataboutery.

This criticism has always baffled me.

What good leader, never mind, football manager doesn't have an ego?

Were Alexander the Great, Napolean, Jim McLean or Fergie shy retiring types?

This criticism has always baffled me.

What good leader, never mind, football manager doesn't have an ego?

Were Alexander the Great, Napolean, Jim McLean or Fergie shy retiring types?

It wasn't a criticism - just an observation regarding the content of his interview.

I have always been in the pro-McGhee camp. Not blind to his faults (most of which I found entertaining), but overall more positives than negatives in his time with the club. Touting himself to Celtic the same week he joined us didn't do him any favours, mind you.

The club has been on a downward spiral since Boyle and Dempster left whatever you thought of them they ran the club well, and what Dempster has done at Hibs is testament to that. I just get the feeling that the people in charge at Fir park just now are out of their depth and have no idea how to run the club, the whole WS / fan ownership concept for a club of our size is just not going to work. Irrespective of what league we are in next season there needs to be a radical change in how the club is structured and run as at the moment we seem to have a distinct lack of leadership on and off the park.

Are you having a fuking laugh ? Who did we go to administration under. Jeeeeze fuckin oooo

• Like 1

I'm no fan of Dempster but she has turned Hibs around. The increase in crowds has been remarkable.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next few seasons, when they are battling for mid-table mediocrity in the Premiership.

A Hearts supporting mate says he can already see a drop in support and expects season ticket sales to drop by over 25% this season.

• Like 1

A Scottish Cup win, a Championship title, another Scottish Cup semi final and a League Cup Final and 50% increase in attendances?

I'm no fan of Dempster but she has turned Hibs around. The increase in crowds has been remarkable.

The Scottish cup win was great for them, no doubt. However hibs are what? the 5/6th biggest team in the country? semis and finals should be the normal. As for their attendances, they have rocketed this year, this is what happens when a big team starts winning, we've seen it before and we'll see it next time if a large team goes down. If Dundee Utd hadn't been so shite their crowds would have rocketed anaw.

The Scottish cup win was great for them, no doubt. However hibs are what? the 5/6th biggest team in the country? semis and finals should be the normal. As for their attendances, they have rocketed this year, this is what happens when a big team starts winning, we've seen it before and we'll see it next time if a large team goes down. If Dundee Utd hadn't been so shite their crowds would have rocketed anaw.

^^ This. Hibs had massive crowds when McLeish was in charge in the first division because they were pumping teams week in week out and were a cut above everything else in that division with players like Sauzee and Latapy.