S Robinson Motherwell Manager

CoF

I wasn't just talking about McGhee going with Scotland I was talking about McGhee not bothering his arse to come back from Brighton until Wednesday some weeks.

The most senior employee at the club needs to either be making the manager work full time or demand that the board makes him work full time. You are obviously close to Burrows so any chance you ask him how many training sessions we have had this season without a qualified coach present?

Just because I take exception to the vitriol and bullshit written on here or spouted in pubs about him, doesn't mean I'm close or connected. I do know him personally and see him as a human being would would bleed for the club, much of the ire or pain we're feeling is manifested by him. He also has a family who care about him and no doubt are probably warned to avoid on here for obvious reasons.

Quite simply he doesn't deserve some of the lumping together all of the clubs woes as some would like to do. He has a specific remit and by all means question that if it is underperforming.

I've read complaints of the business model, the appointment of the past 3 managers, recruitment policy, spending sprees, ownership and "players not up to it", "not good enough", etc.

I've watched up go toe to toe with Celtic this season (3-4), Rangers at Ibrox twice so I know the squad is capable to compete against better teams in intimidating atmospheres. Yesterday I saw countless crosses and 8-10 corners not beat the first man or being an abject waste by the first shot on target (McDonald from 20 yards on the 32nd minute).

By all means have a go at Robinson, he was lured into a false sense of hope by a first half at Ibrox where we ran rampant and has defaulted to the 3 at the back setup as a result. But individually and collectively there has been no cohesion or spirit from the players and they ultimately should be the target of criticism. Too many in the past few weeks are willing to blame the bigger sphere of MFC, however too few are holding the players to account collectively.

As for you and your constant snide little poison, you are close to being a whiney little bitch, quick to point fingers and not really have any empathy to the context or circumstances surrounding an issue. However I don't go implying that you are any way connected to Donald Trump.

• Like 5

Wasn't enough that they managed to allow two clubs leap frog them one of which Semi Pro. They were that bad, 8 games ago they were 6th.

What people are saying then is we need St Mirren manager, not the myth at Raith.

What we need is quality players like Mallan, Morgan & McGinn.

Not convinced at all by Robinson. Even if we manage to stay up, I'd be inclined to think that he is not the man for the rebuilding job that is required.

Not all his fault. You can only play with the hand you are dealt, and he picked up aces over eights, but he has had a chance and results are unconvincing.

I also think that the business plan of bringing up English non-league players and hoping to unearth a diamond in the rough is extremely flawed. We need to get more out of the talent on our doorstep.

Not convinced at all by Robinson. Even if we manage to stay up, I'd be inclined to think that he is not the man for the rebuilding job that is required.

Not all his fault. You can only play with the hand you are dealt, and he picked up aces over eights, but he has had a chance and results are unconvincing.

Totally agree. I don't blame him for not getting results, the players must take some of the blame as well as should referees and luck. However, he is failing to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal. Despite what some on here might think at times, the players can do better. Some of that is down to them but a lot is down to Stephen Robinson. We do have some decent players in the squad and for whatever reason they just aren't playing for him.

I said when Robison was appointed it was probably a missed trick to get in someone new with a fresh perspective on things that could mix up the "old pals act" that appears to absolutely plague our club. As much as it pains me, proving to be absolutely spot on with that assessment.

If we go down, he has to go, simple. If we stay up, I'd still look to replace him as we need someone with no sentiment to the current squad so it can be properly purged.

If there is not a break clause in his contract and we have to pay him off since he got an 18month deal, then that for me is a big a fuck up!

And for me, if we go down every single person that had any involvement in his appointment has serious questions to answer about the overall management of the club, not just the failed managerial appointments, but the general management of the club, business model, signing policy and general direction. As a "fan-owned" club, they should be scrutinised for their performance and I'd expect in the catastrophic event of relegation, heads will have to roll.

No matter what though, this "old pals act" that is rooted deep in the club needs to be absolutely obliterated next year as it is weighing us down.

Of the names mentioned (after Coyle pulled out), Simo was the choice for me. I completely get that when a prospective candidate tells you in the interview that they know the square root of fuck all about Scottish football, alarm bells ring particularly when you are in the midst of a relegation battle, but for me, you're either good enough for the job or you're not, and by all accounts the timing was the only thing that went against Simo.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think we're seeing that Robinson was the incorrect appointment. I have 100% sympathy with any gaffer who is unable to stop the rot because of the shambles they've been left by the previous gaffer, but that's only half the story here. Everybody who has watched us these past few weeks can see that the system and team selection forced in to it is farcical, and is directly responsible for leaving us impotent in attack and incredibly vulnerable at the back. I don't think it's far fetched to suggest that if we go with a back three in these last few games, automatic relegation is on the cards.

If Robinson was adapting to the current situation and learning lessons as we stumble towards the finishing line, then I think there'd be far more leeway and benefit of the doubt afforded to him, but that just does not appear to be the case in the slightest.

• Like 2

Of the names mentioned (after Coyle pulled out), Simo was the choice for me. I completely get that when a prospective candidate tells you in the interview that they know the square root of fuck all about Scottish football, alarm bells ring particularly when you are in the midst of a relegation battle, but for me, you're either good enough for the job or you're not, and by all accounts the timing was the only thing that went against Simo.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I think we're seeing that Robinson was the incorrect appointment. I have 100% sympathy with any gaffer who is unable to stop the rot because of the shambles they've been left by the previous gaffer, but that's only half the story here. Everybody who has watched us these past few weeks can see that the system and team selection forced in to is farcical, and is directly responsible for leaving us impotent in attack and incredibly vulnerable at the back. I don't think it's far fetched to suggest that if we go with a back three in these last few games, automatic relegation is on the cards.

If Robinson was adapting to the current situation and learning lessons as we stumble towards the finishing line, then I think there'd be far more leeway and benefit of the doubt afforded to him, but that just does not appear to be the case in the slightest.

Totally agree.

As I said in a previous post, automatic relegation is still a possibility as I fully expect us to lose all 5 post split games.

Nope end of next season for Robinson. From what i was told Robinson wasnt first choice and the manager we had in mind knocked us back so they panicked and went for Robinson.

But when you have a club with virtually no money, people in control that have no business prowess to improve things then you wont go anywhere, and sadly it will never change unless by some miracle someone with money comes along to takeover the club.

it's still mind boggling that we didn't just appoint robinson until the end of the season,see what happens and then go from there,giving him an 18 month deal was a joke of a decision.surely there has to be a clause that if we go down,we part company and it doesn't cost the club a penny,even if we somehow manage to stay up,robinson still needs too go.

I'm certain there will be. Conversation probably went something like...

"We'll give you a go til the end of the season"

"Ahh I'd prefer 18 months to be honest."

"No, sorry."

"Well what about this: give me an 18 month deal and if I keep us up I get next year too, but if I don't we can part ways at no extra cost."

"Deal."

He's said a good few times "there's livelihoods on the line here", likely talking about his own.

it's still mind boggling that we didn't just appoint robinson until the end of the season,see what happens and then go from there,giving him an 18 month deal was a joke of a decision.surely there has to be a clause that if we go down,we part company and it doesn't cost the club a penny,even if we somehow manage to stay up,robinson still needs too go.

It's really, really not.

I'm sure that would have been the club's preferred option but as has been mentioned he wasn't the first choice, the club needed to appoint someone having been kb'd by their 1st choice and presumably were nervous about the idea of appointing Valakari (for obvious reasons) so it meant that Robinson had a bit of leverage. So I'd imagine that he's used that small amount of sway and the fact the club needed someone in place as the process has unexpectedly dragged out to get an extra 12 months on his deal.

It may be many things but mind-boggling isn't one of them.

• Like 2

It's really, really not.

I'm sure that would have been the club's preferred option but as has been mentioned he wasn't the first choice, the club needed to appoint someone having been kb'd by their 1st choice and presumably were nervous about the idea of appointing Valakari (for obvious reasons) so it meant that Robinson had a bit of leverage. So I'd imagine that he's used that small amount of sway and the fact the club needed someone in place as the process has unexpectedly dragged out to get an extra 12 months on his deal.

It may be many things but mind-boggling isn't one of them.

if the club are letting a guy that had just been sacked by oldham dictate the terms of the deal,then our club is even more fucked that i thought.

Thats my interpretation too. We would have wanted to give him a short term deal, but he refused and threatened to walk away so we decided to give him an additional year.

The real problem is Alan Burrows - the same guy that gave Hammell and 2 year deal, lost Leitch on a free and........more I can't be bothered getting into cos the morons here will have a meltdown.

The same fanboy morons that went nuts at anybody who objected to the squad being burdened by geriatric players that have done sweet fuck all this season.

Terrible.

I don't really think we can judge Robinson's appointment until the end of the season. There's been a pretty equal mix of the encouraging- a tactical flexibility and willingness to change things, less 3,4,5 goal pumpings and generally improved performances all with a makeshift team- and the worrying- we're still losing more than we win and seem unable to cut out idiotic individual defensive mistakes.

If he keeps us up,then job done, he's done as well as could be expected given the shambles he walked into. If we go down, then fair enough, criticise whoever you want then.

• Like 3

Nope end of next season for Robinson. From what i was told Robinson wasnt first choice and the manager we had in mind knocked us back so they panicked and went for Robinson.

But when you have a club with virtually no money, people in control that have no business prowess to improve things then you wont go anywhere, and sadly it will never change unless by some miracle someone with money comes along to takeover the club.

Aye, things are bad, negative in the extreme at the moment, but, to add lies to the argument helps nobody. Are you implying current club chairman Jim McMahon or as has been suggested Derek Weir is still behind the scenes have no business prowess? That's a corker even from you...

It will never change? We are in a period of change just now, yeah, not setting heather on fire currently, but, we're slap bang in the middle of what was heralded as a five year process that has had more moves than a game of chess to date which advocates what we end up with will differ from what we have now.

• Like 6