The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

That's yer man Craig Clay away to join Leyton Orient, so another one off the books.

Seemed a nice guy and showed a few decent touches here and there but just don't think he was of the required standard for a top flight team.

With McHugh, Bigi, Campbell, Gordon and Cadden probably ahead of him for a starting spot it's probably best for all parties.

Edit : and Andy Rose, I keep forgetting about him for some reason!

Cheers for the goal at Inverness and wish him all the best

That is very welcome news regarding Craig Clay, credit to all parties for finding a solution.

Good luck to Clay with his new team. You can't question his application or dedication but he was evidently well out of his depth.

Assuming Blyth walks, is there any further McGhee deadwood we need to get rid of?

Good luck to Clay, always seemed to give his best but didn't have the right qualities for the game up here. Always thought the game passed him by, would be better suited to a less fast paced league IMO. With Thomas gone the only remaining candidate to get rid of is Mr Blyth. Jacob Blyth might be the worst guy in human history so not sure this is going to be an easy one to sell to potential suitors. I think at this point we might be better trying to cut our losses slightly and come to a mutual agreement, as much as it pains me I think this guy would happily sit here for the year and do hee-haw anyway.

Hopefully Robinson can find a way to get rid of Blyth, if so that will be three solid wages out the club. Priority number 1 should another centre back but I think Robinson seems more keen on getting another striking option, I believe we need both.

• Like 1

A lot of folk will be happy, I didn't think he was as bad as made out. Clay Away!!....was that not a children's programme from the 1970's??. C L A Y...Craig Clay away, clay away clay away clay away a clay away clay away. Young well fans will not have a clue what I am on about, older well fans will just be shaking there head saying 'taxi for grizzlyg!!!'...heh he

A lot of folk will be happy, I didn't think he was as bad as made out. Clay Away!!....was that not a children's programme from the 1970's??. C L A Y...Craig Clay away, clay away clay away clay away a clay away clay away. Young well fans will not have a clue what I am on about, older well fans will just be shaking there head saying 'taxi for grizzlyg!!!'...heh he

It was Play Away.

Seemed like a nice guy. Unfortunately he was utter pish.

Best of luck, can't believe another club was actually interested though.

In fairness he was part of a Grimsby side that got promotion out of that league (before being released). With Orient having just been relegated it's not a huge surprise if they bring in a few players who have experience there and Clay has a lot of games under his belt in the National League. Without being disparaging I'd think it's probably fair to say that that's Clay's level.

Wish him all the best and I can see him getting on just fine as a squad player for Orient.

Not as bad as some made out, Clay probably was never going to be good enough for this level. But at a time where there are other former players being discussed as having talent but lacking application, I take my hat off to Clay. Certainly strikes me that he'll make the most of what ability he had.

Unlike Brian Kerr, Derek Riordan and countless others, Clay won't sit at the end of his career and say "Could I have done more..?"

It's always a punt when you sign a player from the English lower leagues. Sometimes you get a Moult, more often you don't. Predicting the ability to step up one division is difficult enough.

Another wage off the payroll, so let's see who comes next.

Best of luck to Craig, I hope he does well in London.

Hats off to SR as he did say that he would have to move on a few players which everyone knew who they were so just need Jacob to move on and that will free up some cash for maybe a decent player, but still think Moult will be away by end of August

Does anyone think that McGhee would have managed that?

Best of luck to Craig, I hope he does well in London.

Hats off to SR as he did say that he would have to move on a few players which everyone knew who they were so just need Jacob to move on and that will free up some cash for maybe a decent player, but still think Moult will be away by end of August

Does anyone think that McGhee would have managed that?

Is it not the club that moves on players rather than Robinson? Especially if they're under contract.

Robinson will just tell the Board who he feels is surplus to requirements, then the Board and the players' agents can sort it out.

I thought Craig Clay was utter baws. Was invisible 98% of the time.

Clay was a bit unlucky with injuries etc.

Never really got going for him at Fir Park.

Did he get injured? Did he basically not play ever game last year?

• Like 2

• Andy_P locked this topic