The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

A lot of talk about Moulty leaving and understandably so. For me though I think he should stay regardless of the interest. For me players find their level and for me Moult has found his. Adored by the fans, proven scorer and he wont miss his rent on his current wage. I know he and his agent will maybe aspire to bigger and better but is the grass always greener? Ok so he could land a move in the window, be sucessful. Fair play and well done. But what if it goes like stoke? For me its sign on here, make a more than good wage and legend!!

Quite why I am I don't know but I am bewildered why no-one has put a decent offer in for Moult. You can bet your ass if he played for Hibs or Dundee United he would have gone for £1m+ by now.

36 Goals in 2 seasons in a struggling side.

I actually don't think he is a great footballer but he is clinical in front of goal.

This has all the hallmarks of Randolph. Ends up ROI and West Ham goalie and we never got a penny

Quite bizarre really

Louis will leave this window.

My concern is McHugh - I want him signed on going forwards - he bossed the second half today - is committed and is a real captain.

Also was confused why Sean Toutan's trial went largely unnoticed - amazing goal, superb touches - made fisher look like a few levels below. What happened?

Edited by creaser09

Louis Moult has bought into Motherwell FC hook, line and sinker. He has conducted himself impeccably at all times and has left us with memories we can cherish forever. He will move on to bigger and better things and should do so with our best wishes. He's earned it.

• Like 1

Reading into the Blyth story.

I would love the club to bin him but I can't see it happening.

3 high profile EPL players been photographed doing same.

From a fan with young kids this is not what I want them to see players doing so as we are a community club I hope the club take it seriously.

• Like 1

From a fan with young kids this is not what I want them to see players doing so as we are a community club I hope the club take it seriously.

Difference is those three high profile players had resale value and value to the team so it may be that the clubs weren't motivated to simply get rid of them, not that they couldn't have. Blyth is a totally different kettle of fish...

It's unlikely he will dismissed for laughing gas. If he has been taking some of his burds powder and is caught then it's a different matter altogether

Like a fellow poster said it's not something you want your kids to see when they look up to these players

It's best for both parties he moves on, so if this little debacle allows him to see that, being paid for the next 6months to allow him to move back down south would be in his best interests at the very least it will allow us to claw back 6months wages post Jan

That saving along with doms wage could go towards someone who can do us a turn even on loan for the next few months

Let's not kid ourselves - Blyth would be absolutely mental to agree to cut his contract. The only benefit would be Mothewell's.

He's got a year left and isn't going to find another club while injured. He has a long(ish) term injury sustained while in our employment and needs access to treatment / operations / rehab.

While he's probably better paid than most 24 year olds, he's hardly had a career that would see him with plenty in the bank for a rainy day. Unfortunately, he's going to have quite a few rainy months ahead so financially I imagine he needs this contract and access to our medical facilities.

Unless of course pumping a burd from Geordie Shore is in fact a genius career move.

The laughing gas isn't what's going to damage his career it's the picture of him sitting next to her while she shoves white powder up her nose in a public place. There was a previous player of ours fond of the powdery stuff whose career bombed big time after leaving us. Slightly different but will end you're time at said club.

We kept a hold of (our captain) Paul Quinn after he was convicted of beating a guy unconscious. We signed Bob Malcolm not long after he was found guilty of being so drunk he parked in the middle of the motorway to have a kip.

Of course it would be useful if we could get rid of Blyth, but if we do it would obviously be for convenience and not because we take a hard line on bad behaviour.

Let's not kid ourselves - Blyth would be absolutely mental to agree to cut his contract. The only benefit would be Mothewell's.

He's got a year left and isn't going to find another club while injured. He has a long(ish) term injury sustained while in our employment and needs access to treatment / operations / rehab.

While he's probably better paid than most 24 year olds, he's hardly had a career that would see him with plenty in the bank for a rainy day. Unfortunately, he's going to have quite a few rainy months ahead so financially I imagine he needs this contract and access to our medical facilities.

I agree its unlikely that he will want to leave voluntarily. However if a player is injured the club will rightly expect him to be sensible and do everything to aid his recovery. If he isn't doing that.....

• Andy_P locked this topic