The Great Rebuild 2017'18

fizoxy

Also grown men tweeting at footballers to retweet their tweets coz it's their birthday.

Fucking hate this generation.

so agree with this. Some fans are so desperate to feel that in some way they're best friends with the players. Follow them by all means but continually messaging them and tagging them in your tweets seems a bit like stalking. Guess it's just the social media generation we live in.
  • Like 3

Also grown men tweeting at footballers to retweet their tweets coz it's their birthday.

Fucking hate this generation.

Have to confess, I've stood outside Fir Park in the pissing rain with my official autograph book, desperate for some vicarious reflected glory. Mind you, I was only six.

• Like 1

so agree with this. Some fans are so desperate to feel that in some way they're best friends with the players. Follow them by all means but continually messaging them and tagging them in your tweets seems a bit like stalking. Guess it's just the social media generation we live in.

The worst culprits are well past 40.

• Like 1

Clay's departure is best for both parties. An honest decent pro but didn't have what it takes at our level. It will also free up a wage. Presumably no fee was involved?

Agree 100%.

Note for Dom Thomas. Check out the classy way Clay handled his departure.

Agree 100%.

Note for Dom Thomas. Check out the classy way Clay handled his departure.

I sponsored Craig for the last season (edit it was the mighty Joe Chalmers I sponsored for 2 seasons) and he was a lovely, straightforward guy. Was always very chatty at the sponsor's dinner and I enjoyed his company. Never the greatest player in the world but he would probably admit that himself. Good luck for the future Craig.

In the few days after the signing of Bigirimana I was as excited as it is to be as an adult about the oncoming season. I thought with him and McHugh we had finally secured a battling midfield. Since then I must admit I've been rather underwhelmed and I'm trying to break myself out of that. I don't know what's caused it (maybe the meaningless results in pre-season friendlies against amateurs has piled it on). However here we are. One thing which seems to be a strange phenomenon is McDonald, if 6 weeks ago he resigned, we'd be calling it a coup and decent business, 6 weeks later and almost everyone (myself included) is happy about the situation.

The ambivalence to McDonald is due to a couple of factors, I suspect. One, he said he doesn't see eye to eye with the new gaffer. Two, even in a good year he was often not fit until September/Oct - and he's done zero pre-season so far.

Add to that the fact that Robinson is looking for a younger and faster striker, Skippy's ruled out on both counts.

Maybe the fact the turned us down for this season also plays into the feeling.

The ambivalence to McDonald is due to a couple of factors, I suspect. One, he said he doesn't see eye to eye with the new gaffer. Two, even in a good year he was often not fit until September/Oct - and he's done zero pre-season so far.

Add to that the fact that Robinson is looking for a younger and faster striker, Skippy's ruled out on both counts.

Maybe the fact the turned us down for this season also plays into the feeling.

He's also a year older and slower than he was last summer.

He's also a year older and slower than he was last summer.

Older and slower never stopped Lasley, McManus or Hammell getting a game last season, so he would fit right in with the pace of the team, he could fill the void left by Lasley :ph34r:

I love Skippy.

It's time to let that one be though. He's been great for us and has a great footballing head on him.

He was a prick in the dressing room apparently and I don't mean the wee moany prick that got the best out of Erwin. He was on the verge of being a bully, particularly to some of the younger players. So I heard anyway.

He's doesn't want to work with Robbo so I think we can put the possibility of him returning to bed.

I will keep an eye on what he does though. He Looooooooooooooooooooooooves a long summer.

Older and slower never stopped Lasley, McManus or Hammell getting a game last season, so he would fit right in with the pace of the team, he could fill the void left by Lasley :ph34r:

No he couldn't. Las was a balla

I love Skippy.

It's time to let that one be though. He's been great for us and has a great footballing head on him.

He was a prick in the dressing room apparently and I don't mean the wee moany prick that got the best out of Erwin. He was on the verge of being a bully, particularly to some of the younger players. So I heard anyway.

He's doesn't want to work with Robbo so I think we can put the possibility of him returning to bed.

I will keep an eye on what he does though. He Looooooooooooooooooooooooves a long summer.

I loved him, too as did my youngest child (afged 5). Heard from a good source (I can't name him as I don't want to drop him in it) that Robinson sent Skippy home from training at end of last season as he was moaning too much.

I found skippy a very frustrating character on the field. Did so much and was so important but also couldn't connect a simple pass for 90% of games at times and then blamed others which was largely not justified. I think if he was disrupting the dressing room, and/or clashed with the manager then it's the right time to go. Robinson is a fiery wee moany character too....there's only room for one!

Hopefully wages of Thomas, Clay and maybe a couple of others can go towards a fairly proven striker.

I keep seeing his name on here, but his career so far seems to be one of injuries and loans - the most recent being to League Two Mansfield Town with "a view to a permanent transfer."

What's his story? Is it one of unfulfilled potential, or do people just think he's good because of his name?

I keep seeing his name on here, but his career so far seems to be one of injuries and loans - the most recent being to League Two Mansfield Town with "a view to a permanent transfer."

What's his story? Is it one of unfulfilled potential, or do people just think he's good because of his name?

We made an offer for him in January but he wanted to remain down South. Highly rated at Spurs but has failed to fulfil his potential since Peterborough spent a bit of money on him.

Strikes me as the type of player that could excite and frustrate in equal measure.

• Like 1

I loved him, too as did my youngest child (afged 5). Heard from a good source (I can't name him as I don't want to drop him in it) that Robinson sent Skippy home from training at end of last season as he was moaning too much.

Heard the same, apparently he was annoyed Robinson wouldn't give him a 2yr deal rather than the 1 yr he was entitled to, hence why he walked away

Think you will find that's what he doesn't like about robbo. Couldn't afford 2years on the money he was on

• Like 1

• Andy_P locked this topic