Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Ross County Sat 6 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

RE the well bhoys banner - embarrassing stuff even by their usual standards.

Now more than ever the fan base should be pulling together. A quick google shows approx 18 - 20% in the Motherwell and Wishaw area voted Tory during the week. Still who cares about alienating a fair chunk of our support as long as the nationalist agenda is pushed.

It's Motherwell Bois by the way but I guess by your username and the last line of the post you are more used to the ongoing debate with the blue and green ugly sisters so it an easy mistake to make.

We need another Stuart McCall, a manager who brought in decent players with no budget and got the best out of them, these lot are just absolute shitebags and a bunch of wage thiefs

I can't understand the thinking of someone who believes Stuart McCall had no budget. He spent an absolute fortune to the point where we teetered dangerously close to going down the pan again (not his fault though...any manager is going to use the budget he's offered, which is a reason the current rose-tinted Dempster revisionists also baffle me). Spending nothing on transfer fees only counts as no budget if the place isn't being smeared into the ground by wages.

The Accies home game was the pivotal game for us.

Robinson chose to play Jacob Blyth for an hour. Chose to put on Shea Gordon before Ainsworth. Shockingly we didn't score.

Been plenty examples of this, absolutely spot on. Players being played who for various reasons aren't the right option (Blyth has absolutely nothing and there were much better options, Gordon has promise but it just wasn't the appropriate time).

Just watched the highlights, and while Jules is every bit as bad as I'd thought at the game, he's far from the only culprit. The ball's definitely rolling out of play when he inexplicably stops it and plays it inside to McHugh. McHugh tries to put his foot through it but gets closed down before the ball reaches him. The ball then comes into the box where we see three Motherwell players and two County ones. Lasley is following his man into the box, but is about a yard behind him. Heneghan and Cadden both go to Lasley's man, leaving three players marking one man, and the other County player unmarked at the back post.

Yes, if Jules lets it run out, that should never happen, but yet again, other players switch off/don't communicate, and we pay the price.

From this point out, we have to do whatever we need to in order to be marginally less shit than Accies each week. Do that, and we should be okay. Surely that's achievable?

In general I'd agree with that in terms of players not switching off, but given what was going on in the moments leading up to Jules stopping that ball, I don't have a single problem with the players switching off and starting to think about the next phase of play. I saw it live and have seen it plenty times on the highlights, and I still can't believe what I'm seeing. If you're a footballer at this level, in that exact situation, you are 100% perfectly entitled to assume that ball is running out of play and switch off. There is absolutely no set of circumstances where that ball isn't running out of play unless your own team-mate stops it from doing so, and no-one over the age of 7 is going to do that. Right?....

I don't think McCall's budget went down that much. He just wasted it massively in the summer when we signed Neilsen, Vigurs, Lawson and resigned Ramsden, McHugh, Cummins, ZFA, McFadden and Fraser Kerr.

The two decent signings McManus and Sutton were right under his nose. He just couldn't be bothered looking further afield.

I take your general point and agree with it with few exceptions. Vigurs and Lawson were a bit of a shambles in hindsight, but at the time it was a huge coup to be signing 2 players from a rival side who were very highly thought of. Yes it didn't work out but I don't think anyone was disappointed with their signing. Ramsden, I can't remember the timing of this but until he had his injury that saw him fade out of the team/squad/club completely, he had been head and shoulders our player of the year to that point. The only issue i'd have with the re-signing of him would be if it happened after it was clear his injury had taken it's toll, but like I say I can remember the chronology. If that was the case then I completely agree.

With Ramsden it was giving him a two year deal when he was crock throughout his career. He did start that contract well but then got injured and took and was deadweight for 18 months. Every single one of the players I mentioned was finished at Fir Park long before their contract ran out.

That summer was the last time we could recruit from a position of strength. Since then we've been playing catch up.

Now more than ever the fan base should be pulling together. A quick google shows approx 18 - 20% in the Motherwell and Wishaw area voted Tory during the week. Still who cares about alienating a fair chunk of our support as long as the nationalist agenda is pushed.

How much of that 18-20% support Rangers? Fuck them!

• Like 2

Is anyone claiming that the banner represents the whole of Motherwell FC's political views? I'm sure you can bring along your own Tory banner if you want to make the distinction clear.
  • Like 2

Is anyone claiming that the banner represents the whole of Motherwell FC's political views? I'm sure you can bring along your own Tory banner if you want to make the distinction clear.

At this point in time, more than ever, we need to stick together as a support and I'm sure political and religious banners will be banned under the club's rules. No need for such banners at all and its got nothing whatsoever to do with football. Our club brands itself as a community club where all are welcome and we can't afford to unnecessarily tarnish that image.

People turning on the manager already should wait untill he actually has the players to play his formation well, when tait comes back cadden moves into the middle (hopefully) and a transfer window comes we'll play this formation far bette.r

That's all well and good but that won't stop us sinking into the Championship.

At this point in time, more than ever, we need to stick together as a support and I'm sure political and religious banners will be banned under the club's rules. No need for such banners at all and its got nothing whatsoever to do with football. Our club brands itself as a community club where all are welcome and we can't afford to unnecessarily tarnish that image.

Oh for the simpler times when none of us were particularly politically aware and went to the football to erm......................................support the club and watch the game. Leave the politics at the East Stand gate lads.

I'm puzzled by the fact that we allegedly have a great under 20 side yet we don't seem to have the confidence to play any of them when needs arise. Obviously, it's maybe a stretch to play with U20 right back, left back and centre back in a team at the sharp end of the season but, Jeeze, maybe one or two at least? Losing McManus is effectively also causing us to lose McHugh from midfield. Surely to christ we have a backup centre half that can do a job?

Oh for the simpler times when none of us were particularly politically aware and went to the football to erm......................................support the club and watch the game. Leave the politics at the East Stand gate lads.

Like the good old days of the SS hooligans.

What was the banner never saw it or read a post about it??

The last two games I went looking forward to a win and have say I was confident of victories even took us on my coupon yday (done me out of £180) but with the enthusiasm I had entering ground I have to say I don't think of been so deflated about a defeat.

I honestly don't think we even look capable of creating a chance never mind score.

I applauded Robinson pre match for bold selection choices but subs made ruined any chance of a comeback.

Jules has cost us in almost every game he has played and it's has been documented both Faddy and Robinson watched him have a shocker for the u20s but he gets the nod in our most important game of season.

Clay I don't blame him but why bring him on at that stage removing Campbell but keeping Lesley on who was running on empty when a more attack minded player would have been the obvious choice.

It's still in our own hands but lesson need to be learned.

That was as bad as it gets.

We offered nothing up front and I'm pretty sure Scott McDonald has never have played as badly as he did yesterday. Moult looks unfit and needs Skippy to be on his game.

Ainsworth must have put in at least eight good corners but not once did anyone get on the end.

I can only recall two shots on target, McDonald's weak shot in the first half and Ainsworth's free kick.

When Frear got away on the wing the rest seemed to struggle to keep up with him and there was no one in the box when his crosses came in.

The midfield pair of Campbell and Lasley is no use. Both are breakers of the play and offer nothing constructive. They were being over run in the second part of the first half by County's three and so Lionel was pulled inside to help and his effectiveness as a goal threat was lost.

I thought Hammell was having a good game and was arguably our best player in the first half. However he is done if he is going to constantly injured.

Jules 's decision to keep the ball in play was inexplicable.

There was no chance to judge the new goalie as he had only one straight forward save to make from a looping header which pretty much sums up how little County offered in the last third. It had 0-0 all over it until Jules stepped in.

However it is the combination of poor going forward and individual errors in defence that usually combine to see a team get relegated and sadly that describes us this season.

Jules mistake gets worse every time I see it. I've watched it a few times trying to understand what his thinking might have been and I honestly can't work out what he was trying to do. You heard the whole crowd groan when he inexplicably at the last minute stopped it from going out.

Did McGhee watch this guy before he was signed or get him on a recommendation? Either way, surely after a single training session it would've been obvious he wasn't a footballer. He should've gone the way of Belic and never even darkened the bench.

Hell mend Robinson for playing him again.

Total laughing stock.

• Like 1

That's all well and good but that won't stop us sinking into the Championship.

Sacking a manager now wont have any imapct on us staying up as by the time we've replaced him the season will be all but over. On the other hand whatever division we are in next year i'd much rather have a manager who knows his players and has the opportunity to stengthen his team which a manager coming in September/October time wont have.

Sacking a manager now wont have any imapct on us staying up as by the time we've replaced him the season will be all but over. On the other hand whatever division we are in next year i'd much rather have a manager who knows his players and has the opportunity to stengthen his team which a manager coming in September/October time wont have.

It has worked for Dundee!!!

Abject sums up yesterday Robinsons "we go again " talk is tiresome we are a rudderless ship heading for the drop. Who is to blame for it all ? Ultimately it has to be the board of directors who've made three questionable appointments leading to the current diabolical situation

Even if, as looks likely, we are playing in the Championship next season, I certainly wouldn't want Robinson in charge. Far better to cut our losss with him and get somebody in fairly quickly - can't be too hard as we already interviewed quite a number when McGhee departed.

Even if, as looks likely, we are playing in the Championship next season, I certainly wouldn't want Robinson in charge. Far better to cut our losss with him and get somebody in fairly quickly - can't be too hard as we already interviewed quite a number when McGhee departed.

What manager would come in for 3/5 games and potentially damage their reputation?

Edited by DylanMFC

Robinson has been left to try and clean up the mess that mcghee left behind. Add to that an unfortunate injury list and he has had to make the best of what's in front of him.

Admittedly i expected results to have been better too, but I personally won't be judging him until next season, whatever league that's in.

Robinson has been left to try and clean up the mess that mcghee left behind. Add to that an unfortunate injury list and he has had to make the best of what's in front of him.

Admittedly i expected results to have been better too, but I personally won't be judging him until next season, whatever league that's in.

Well McGhee came in and sorted out the mess that Baraclough and Robinson left behind. He did it because he's a much better manager than either of these jokers.

Might be the last top 6 finish for a long, long time.

Well McGhee came in and sorted out the mess that Baraclough and Robinson left behind. He did it because he's a much better manager than either of these jokers.

Might be the last top 6 finish for a long, long time.

Dont disagree with your first point, he did dig us out a hole last season. But from memory mcghee came in around November(?) and we were still looking at relegation until we hit a run of form around march.

Then look who he signed over the summer. Bowman, belic, clay, lucas, blyth, brill. All contributed the sum of fuck all. Only tait and mchugh worked out. Then let go of Kennedy and laing in January.... to sign jules. And Robinson is getting the blame here??

Edit: don't get me wrong I appreciate everything mcghee DID do for the club, particularly his first season with us. But he made some bad moves this time around and his time was up.