Scottish Premiership Inverness Caledonian Thistle V Motherwell Sat 20 May 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Only 4?? By my reckoning, you could guess that McManus, McDonald, Pearson, Samson, Lasley and Hammell would all be at the higher end of our wage scale. Unless Hammell and Lasley took a fair sized pay cut the last time they were offered "reduced terms". Who of those gave value for money? Certainly not Samson or Pearson. McDonald probably did. The other three you can debate...

McDonald is the only one out of the over 30 brigade that's earned his time with us the last couple of years and has decided he's offski. I think Robinson feels the likes of Hammell and McManus may be better off with more off field roles as they certainly don't contribute as much as they used to on it, but a lot of that will determine what kind of players we recruit this summer.

• Like 1

Robbo sticking the boot in, I reckon he has a point here!!

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson – who wouldn’t confirm his no. 2 James McFadden will stay at Fir Park – said: “I thought our players celebrating when we were 3-2 down was embarrassing.

“That mentality can’t stay at this club, it doesn’t matter whether it’s the last game of the season or not.

“Perhaps that’s why we were where we were all season – maybe it was too easy to lose games

“I met with the board on Friday to discuss my budget for next year. We have 13 contracted players and I’ll be trying to wheel and deal.”

• Like 1

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson – who wouldn’t confirm his no. 2 James McFadden will stay at Fir Park – said: “I thought our players celebrating when we were 3-2 down was embarrassing.

“That mentality can’t stay at this club, it doesn’t matter whether it’s the last game of the season or not.

“Perhaps that’s why we were where we were all season – maybe it was too easy to lose games

“I met with the board on Friday to discuss my budget for next year. We have 13 contracted players and I’ll be trying to wheel and deal.”

I like the cut of his jib

• Like 1

Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson who wouldnt confirm his no. 2 James McFadden will stay at Fir Park said: I thought our players celebrating when we were 3-2 down was embarrassing.

That mentality cant stay at this club, it doesnt matter whether its the last game of the season or not.

Perhaps thats why we were where we were all season maybe it was too easy to lose games

I met with the board on Friday to discuss my budget for next year. We have 13 contracted players and Ill be trying to wheel and deal.

Silver lining of today for me was it was nice to see Faddy score on his final game for the club . In a sentimental old fart that way

• Like 3

Only 4?? By my reckoning, you could guess that McManus, McDonald, Pearson, Samson, Lasley and Hammell would all be at the higher end of our wage scale. Unless Hammell and Lasley took a fair sized pay cut the last time they were offered "reduced terms". Who of those gave value for money? Certainly not Samson or Pearson. McDonald probably did. The other three you can debate...

The actual quote was "I never want this again on my watch. I've inherited 14 players with 4 over 35 on 2 year contracts."

Which, unless he's been misquoted (entirely possible), is incorrect. As far as I can see he's inherited a squad with 4 players over 34 (Hammell, McManus, Pearson and Lasley, though they'd all be over 35 next season) and 2 on 2 year contracts (Hammell, McManus). Either way, you can see what he's getting at.

I think Robinson feels the likes of Hammell and McManus may be better off with more off field roles as they certainly don't contribute as much as they used to on it, but a lot of that will determine what kind of players we recruit this summer.

If we are seriously strapped in the playing budget then we should not be considering adding ex-players to the wage bill in the coaching department.

• Like 2

Am I right in thinking that Inverness fans invaded the pitch after the final whistle? if so, presumably the authorities will be investigating.

Only if ICT have had about 10 years previous of warnings + at least one play-off incident with Rangers with.

• Like 1

i assume that bowman's "celebration" is what Robinson is pissed off about? He did seem kind of upbeat about scoring a consolation goal in a shite game, but if that's the kind of thing that winds the manager up, interesting times lie ahead!

• Like 1

Bowmans celebration is pretty embarrassing but I'm not sure I would've noticed it if Robinson hadn't pointed it out.

I thought it was a mark of relief, a look at the crowd and a mouthing of thank fork or some such

Edit to add, I remember Higdon running to the crowd against Clyde, wiping his brow, with the same look of relief when he eventually scored for us, went on a bit of a run after that over a couple of years

• Like 1

I thought it was a mark of relief, a look at the crowd and a mouthing of thank fork or some such

Ill considered action, if vaguely understandable.

Arguably Faddy was more out of order, emotional though his potential last goal for us.

Just smacked of end of season lack of professionalism- as opposed to early or mid-season lack of professionalism. We've had all three.

At least Robinson doesn't sound as if sentiment will allow his heart to rule his head.

Bowman knows himself he shouldn't be playing at this level

The level of a struggling Premiership team with a dodgy defence, weak and uncreative midfield and a strikeforce that scored 1 goal or less in 25 league games?

• Like 1