Alexander.

postiejim

2 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I take it your not saying it's ok because it also happens elsewhere? What happens at other clubs is irrelevant. If it is the case at Motherwell then it is an issue. An embarrassing and damaging issue.

Not at all, Im not excusing it Im just reiterating that there is nothing unique in the Motherwell support. Every club has their arseholes and the numbers will be proportionate to the size of their support.

• Like 1

I beg to differ, when players won't sign for you because of the cretins in the stands, it's a bigger issue than you think.
Knowing this, and that the slope of the pitch can affect VAR, I now see that there was a lot more to the pitch renovations than I thought.

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

I seem to remember Ken Eadie refused to sign for that very reason.

I remember Duncan Shearer  many moons ago saying the same thing 'why sign for a club when your own support are worse than the opposing support'. Long time ago mark you and many will say 'who?'

21 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Exactly there is NOTHING unique about Motherwell fans as supporters they are the same everywhere.

I don't know.

Killie fans accepted the switch to a plastic pitch. I don't think we would. People went more mental here about giving the Old Firm extra stands than some other clubs as well.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I don't know.

Killie fans accepted the switch to a plastic pitch. I don't think we would. People went more mental here about giving the Old Firm extra stands than some other clubs as well.  

We also have a board that will listen to us. All good things imho.

I also remember the standing ovation we gave Kilmarnock at Rugby Park after they won the League Cup and the respect we paid to Liam Kelly after his father died during the final.

A lot of Kilmarnock fans said they couldnt imagine having done that if the roles were reversed.

I know we were just about to qualify for the Champions League, but still shows our fans can also be shown in a good light.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, stv said:

I thought he was retiring this year.

He's only 26. Not that we would have had a sniff, but Sunderland have triggered his contract extension for next season.

Which isn't surprising as he scored 24 in 46 for them last season and 10 in 13 this season before his injury.

1 minute ago, weeyin said:

He's only 26. Not that we would have had a sniff, but Sunderland have triggered his contract extension for next season.

Which isn't surprising as he scored 24 in 46 for them last season and 10 in 13 this season before his injury.

Oh sorry i thought you said Rod 👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I wish GA all the best in his new job. I definitely felt he had to go but some of the toxic abuse aimed at him was ridiculous.  

Was never a fan of Graham Alexander but strikes me as a good guy and wish him the best at MK Dons

His team may have been brutal to watch at times but on the plus side he did sign King Kevin , and surely the only Well manager to be unbeaten at Ibrox in a season , of course qualifying for Europe too though won’t mention the S word 

38 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Was never a fan of Graham Alexander but strikes me as a good guy and wish him the best at MK Dons

His team may have been brutal to watch at times but on the plus side he did sign King Kevin , and surely the only Well manager to be unbeaten at Ibrox in a season , of course qualifying for Europe too though won’t mention the S word 

What?.... Spittal?.....just kidding Blair 

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I wish GA all the best in his new job. I definitely felt he had to go but some of the toxic abuse aimed at him was ridiculous.  

I never abused him. I think he's an arrogant cunt and I wish him bad luck. 

• Like 1

People only care about arrogance when you're losing. 

If SK had the same record as Hammell we'd be slating him for arrogance too. 

You need an ego the size of Lanarkshire to survive in the management game these days.

• Like 2

Good luck to GA. No need to wish him or previous managers anything other than best wishes .

He got us out of trouble . Did his best and ultimately left the club when things didn’t work out .

He has only ever spoken positively about the club .

appreciate its frustrating when things don’t go well but I’ve no issue with any of our recent gaffers . 

Happy to wish him well for future endeavours .